Hacking Question devmenu.nsp out there ?

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Using devmenu period will most likely get you banned, what diff would the icon it uses make?
Don't really understand what you are trying to say.
If you mean tricking people to installing it because it looks like smash, most plebs won't even be able to find it let alone figure out how to install it. And if they do install it, all the exploiting they have already done is most likely to result in a future ban anyway.
Still confused...
i mean, if you are actually able to disguise devmenu as any other game, why fo it with a unreleased one the surelly will get you banned?

And even if anything gets you banned, why not releasing it with its own icon and name instead of the Smash bros one?
It seems strange to me, thats all

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What he means is if using the Smash icon and maybe its ID with the intention of hiding from nintendo that we are using DevMenu; then if they see it "as" Smash Bros, they'd definitely raise an eyebrow as well.

i mean, if you are actually able to disguise devmenu as any other game, why fo it with a unreleased one the surelly will get you banned?

And even if anything gets you banned, why not releasing it with its own icon and name instead of the Smash bros one?
It seems strange to me, thats all

It's just an icon. Who said they are using an unreleased game to enable it to run? They could stick an icon of your mom in there and it wouldn't make a difference.

kamo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I found this file:
Name: DevMenuAppPRODsmash.nsp
Size: 19578152 bytes (18 MiB)
CRC32: BB5CA85F

But when I try to install it with LayeredFS DevMenu, it stops directly (with error 0x0023e02) and with Tinfoil, it instantly crashes the OS (reboot required): I have barely enough time to see a message telling me that "cnmt.xml" is an "Invalid XML file".
I am on FW 4.0.1 with my current configuration and I have no problem to install/play any "commercial" NSP files. I also noticed that I don't need sigpatch to install/play them, only the ES SysModule override (0100000000000033) is mandatory (but of course, I run them while I tried to install this DevMenu NSP).
Do someone have any idea why I get this problem when I try to install this DevMenu NSP? Is it incompatible with FW 4.0.1?

Thank you for your help!
Same problem but on the newest fw

D

Deleted-442439

why do they distribute devmenu with the Smash bros name and icon?? It seems to me like a big red flag begging to be banned for "using a game" before it's release date. Seems intentional....

Running installed dev menu is a guaranteed ban, the modified one we made has no valid signatures, or keys. Icon does not matter.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
DevMenu I believe works on 5.1. Also someone who used it said it deleted all of their master keys so I would advise caution using it if not from a verified source.
Deleting the master keys from console? Won't that be big problem? Is that the same super smash icon?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deleting the master keys from console? Won't that be big problem? Is that the same super smash icon?
Not sure if the person downloaded a malicious .NSP or not but its happened to at least 2 users that I know of so I'm just relaying that information to others. Just to be clear, these are issues with the .NSP version as the LayeredFS version of this seems to be working fine.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Not sure if the person downloaded a malicious .NSP or not but its happened to at least 2 users that I know of so I'm just relaying that information to others. Just to be clear, these are issues with the .NSP version as the LayeredFS version of this seems to be working fine.
Then i should delete nsp version(it's not like it's worworking on 4.1 anyways).

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then i should delete nsp version(it's not like it's worworking on 4.1 anyways).
I'm just entirely sure if its all or just one version of the DevMenu NSP. You can feel free to delete it. Or you can ignore my warning and continue using it. Honestly, LayeredFS Hekate + signature patches work just as good as ReiNX except it has DevMenu support. DevMenu NSP is not THAT useful on its own.

D

Deleted-442439

Update: Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu, and Let's GO Eevee nsp's posted, with different Title ID's so they can all be installed at the same time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: