Country
Netherlands
Has anyone seen a read error that says

Code:
An error has occurred.
turn the power off and refer to the
Nintendo GameCube Instruction Booklet
for further instructions.

I'd probably need a USB gecko to find out more, just wondering if anyone got it. Got this right after the disc verification for Mario Party 6. The disc light is solid and just this black screen with the above text. It resets back to HBC with the power button press.

On second try, I launch the game from the loader, the disc drive flashes twice fast, then the error pops up and the light goes solid at the same time.

Devolution (or at least i suspect devolution) corrupted my drive

2hgJV.png
Happens to me too...try using chkdsk /f Drveletter:

That didn't work for me when my SD card got corrupted, though.
okay, hope this cannot happen to someone's hdd....

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its just too bad I have to go back and rerip all by GC disks for a 3rd time in order to get this set up.

I've also got one disk that is nigh unreadable (Gauntlet Legends), betting it won't work out for me.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm also getting thrown back to the HBC, trying to load LOZ Collection PAL (no drive flashes just black screen then HBC) Tested on 2 Wii's same result. :(

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I seem to remember [member='tueidj'] mentioning something earlier on about an external USB DVD drive, even if it can't really read a GC disk completely, would be able to verify enough information to prove the validity of a disk image.

I'd assume that's still how he's planning to support horizontal Wiis and those with broken drives.
(I have personal experience seeing a horizontal Wii spit out GC disks but I'm sure Nintendo wanted to use up all the old GC-accepting drives they had laying around when they started fabricating the new consoles so I know there are some horizontal Wii's that can take the games in.)

loco365

Trophies
XP
I might just give this a shot. I've tried one disc, but I can't get it to work (It asks me to insert the original disc, and all I have is a burned copy), so I'll have to wait for someone with a USB Gecko to submit a bug report on it.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I might just give this a shot. I've tried one disc, but I can't get it to work (It asks me to insert the original disc, and all I have is a burned copy), so I'll have to wait for someone with a USB Gecko to submit a bug report on it.

Maybe I misread this, but of course it won't work with a burnt disk(maybe with a modchip? Dunno, I don't have one). That's the entire point of the antipiracy. How is that a bug? O.o

loco365

Trophies
XP

Maybe I misread this, but of course it won't work with a burnt disk(maybe with a modchip? Dunno, I don't have one). That's the entire point of the antipiracy. How is that a bug? O.o
Well, it spat the disc out after 10 seconds.

And this disc, you can't exactly buy at retail. :x

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Well, it spat the disc out after 10 seconds.

And this disc, you can't exactly buy at retail. :x
Then you shouldn't be playing it. You truly live up to your name.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Some games will be spitted out (devolution doesn't recognize them). I dunno why. But others are working without problem. However I can start every game with the original mios.
Next thing which is very annoying at the moment is the memory card emulation.
The feature itself is very cool. But I have all my states on my real memory card and I would like to use it. I hope wiiflow will support this feature soon (great loader and thanks to Fix94).

Another topic is shrinking. It would be extremely great if it's possible to shrink games (e.g. to gcm files) to save storage.

But all in all great experience! Congrats to tueidj.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Some games will be spitted out. I dunno why. But others are working.
Next thing which is very annoying at the moment is the memory card emulation.
The feature itself is very cool. But I have all my states on my real memory card and I would like to use it. I hope wiiflow will support this feature soon (great loader and thanks to Fix94).

Another topic is shrinking. It would be extremely great if it's possible to shrink games (e.g. to gcm files) to save storage.

But all in all great experience! Congrats to tueidj.

It's certainly possible to use a real memory card with Devolution. It's just a single line of code's difference, for the most part(just need to tell Devolution that the cluster of the emulated memory card = 0, which means it'll use real memory cards). I added support for it to Postloader. I'll probably make it as a part of Tueidj's standalone loader as well, for those who prefer a seperate loader, once I'm done with the Postloader version. Still need to fix a few things.. :/

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
It's certainly possible to use a real memory card with Devolution. It's just a single line of code's difference, for the most part(just need to tell Devolution that the cluster of the emulated memory card = 0, which means it'll use real memory cards). I added support for it to Postloader. I'll probably make it as a part of Tueidj's standalone loader as well, for those who prefer a seperate loader, once I'm done with the Postloader version. Still need to fix a few things.. :/
Okay, so theoretically, the loader could use the same button to turn on and off emulation as it does for NMM and offer aother switch between DM and Devo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...