Nintendo Wii troubleshooting question

Wii-123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am still trying to troubleshoot a Wii that has no display and have a couple of questions that I am hoping someone can answer.

First of all, my Wii (no modifications) has no display. I put in a new Bluetooth module but that did not solve the issue. (I ordered it online and have no way to verify that it was a working part.)

My questions are:

1. When I turn on the Wii with a disc inserted, the fan runs continuously. If I eject the disc, and reinsert it, the fan does not turn on. If I start the Wii without a disc inserted, the fan does not turn on. If I then insert a disc, the fan also does not turn on. Is this normal behavior for a Wii? If not, could this indicate something in the boot sequence that is getting interrupted causing this behavior that might point me to the actual problem?

2. When I turn on the Wii and look at the available Bluetooth devices on my phone, "N64F2" appears as the device name. When I disconnect the Wii from power and refresh my available Bluetooth devices, it disappears. Does this confirm that the Bluetooth module is not the issue?

I am not a gamer and have very little experience with game consoles. I am just trying to fix this unit for my grandson to use. (It was my daughter's and had been in storage.) I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you

Last edited by Wii-123,

straferz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried connecting the Wii to a TV via RCA cables? I'm not exactly sure what this "bluetooth adapter" is

Edit: Wait I think I know what you're talking about now. Is it a wireless dongle thing that replaces the wii sensor bar? I don't think that'll fix issues with the picture

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Have you tried connecting the Wii to a TV via RCA cables? I'm not exactly sure what this "bluetooth adapter" is

Edit: Wait I think I know what you're talking about now. Is it a wireless dongle thing that replaces the wii sensor bar? I don't think that'll fix issues with the picture
bluetooth adapter is the bluetooth/wifi card inside the wii if this card is not well connected nor working the console can not work.

Wii-123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, I have tried multiple TVs using RCA cables as well as a Wii HDMI converter. That doesn't seem to be the problem.

I meant to say Bluetooth module (which is attached to the main motherboard) instead of Bluetooth adapter. I corrected my original post. Sorry for the confusion.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yes, I have tried multiple TVs using RCA cables as well as a Wii HDMI converter. That doesn't seem to be the problem.

I mean to say Bluetooth module (which is attached to the main motherboard) instead of Bluetooth adapter. Sorry for the confusion.
yep, Wii also have a Ethernet USB adapter, but that is another history.

straferz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I meant to say Bluetooth module (which is attached to the main motherboard) instead of Bluetooth adapter. I corrected my original post. Sorry for the confusion.
No worries. If the replacement part didn't work, I'm not sure how you would fix this. It's possibly an issue with the section on the motherboard itself, but I don't know for sure. If there's a repair shop for this kind of stuff in your area, maybe take it there

Wii-123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries. If the replacement part didn't work, I'm not sure how you would fix this. It's possibly an issue with the section on the motherboard itself, but I don't know for sure. If there's a repair shop for this kind of stuff in your area, maybe take it there
I have checked locally and the cost to repair the Wii is higher than it's worth so I won't go that route. I will buy another used one before I do that.

I'd still like someone to chime in on my original 2 questions if anyone has some knowledge on this issue.

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts