Hacking Devolution - Public Release

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you wish to report a bug make sure you have a log from a USB gecko. Saying "Game XXX doesn't work" does not help anyone.

How can I take a log? Simply put a SD Gecko in MemoryCard-Slot B and start the game? If the logs are a better way to help, no problem. I only need to know how.
Nope, doesn't work with SD Gecko, it works with USB Gecko (they are two completely different devices for completely different purposes). If you don't have a USB Gecko, you can use WiFi logging (gives the same result, but doesn't require any special hardware, just a Wii connected to a WiFi network and a computer connected to same network [probably works with wired connection too])

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Memory Card Emulation column added. See the table of contents for what the column means.

TLDR: It means if it works with the game or not, NOT if you use it yourself.

That's all I'm going to do with the wiki page for today, so it should be complete in terms of columns. I hope.

wiisixtyfour

Trophies
Website
wiisixtyfour.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Memory Card Emulation column added. See the table of contents for what the column means.

TLDR: It means if it works with the game or not, NOT if you use it yourself.

That's all I'm going to do with the wiki page for today, so it should be complete in terms of columns. I hope.
Thanks!

As for this:
I've yet to find one it doesn't work with...
i can confirm this. if you're using a real memory card the pal versions of pso 1&2 and pso 3 work, with memory card emulation it hangs after confirming time & date settings.

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. Nice to know. Hopefully this wiki page will help tueidj quite a bit.

thanks for that, I personally prefer to have everything in one chart as opposed to alpha separated, but thats a small preference. This will also hopefully redirect the "will my games work" posts.

Trickart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This application is great!but,I have a little problem...
I use Japanese Wii and Japanese formated memory card.
When I use Devolution with Japanese formated memory card,My Wii said"This memory card is broken!".
I want to use my savedata,but Devolution does not allow me to use it.
I What should I do?

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't seem to get a good log via netcat. I've tried on ubuntu using nc and nc.traditional and on my BusyBox server using nc, I get 'Wifi logging is ready' and then nothing else. Does anyone have any suggestions?

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not broken, it's your router not forwarding broadcast packets.
I see. The first message comes through, which is why I didn't realize it was a problem with the router. Do you have any suggestions ― other than buying a new router, of course ― on working around this?

Games Xtreme

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gamesxtremes-gaming-and-modding.blogspot.de
XP
Country
Germany
How can I log over WiFi? I've read something like "netcat" but when I tried to use Windows version of the program my anti virus software freaks out. I also have zero experience with "netcat" or similar programs. Are there easier ways to wifi log? I'm on Windows 7 64Bit. If that helps, there's also Windows XP 32Bit and Ubuntu 12.04 64Bit installed on my pc. I only have to restart my pc to use them.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
How can I log over WiFi? I've read something like "netcat" but when I tried to use Windows version of the program my anti virus software freaks out. I also have zero experience with "netcat" or similar programs. Are there easier ways to wifi log? I'm on Windows 7 64Bit. If that helps, there's also Windows XP 32Bit and Ubuntu 12.04 64Bit installed on my pc. I only have to restart my pc to use them.
I've never used the Windows version, but Ubuntu 12.04 includes the OpenBSD version of netcat, so use the following command from a terminal window:

Code:
nc -l 64444 -u

Then start Devolution and your game of choice. If you want to log to a file you need to redirect stdout using > filename at the end of the command, for example:

Code:
nc -l 64444 -u > batenkaitos_crash.log

kamala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is also very delicate. People shouldn't touch DVV's or the HDD in essence for any reason unless they want their discs re-verified :blink:

At a "personal DVV's" level that's not true at all, heh.
Pardon me but if you try to "move", "copy" or touch the DVV's for whatever reason you have to do "ie" formatting the HDD and copying the DVV's back where they were they probably won't work unless you perform an HDD backup image. I already tried it many times and happens the same.

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
r104 (working title "F*ck The Hobbit") is up:
- Fix Rayman Hoodlum Havoc; audio now plays and Murfy doesn't act brain damaged
- Fix ISI crash in The Hobbit
- Fix tlbie crash in The Hobbit
- Fix audio for The Hobbit
- Fix BINK video playback speed for The Hobbit
- Fix memcard vendor ID query
- Log cosmetics
- Optimize VMEM handling when DSI is triggered by a store to an unmapped page

Seriously, play The Hobbit for five minutes and not only does Gandalf pimp you out to a bunch of dwarves (god knows what he's getting out of it) but it seems every other bumpkin in the shire wants your help with tying their shoelaces or picking their nose for them. Can't these people do anything for themselves?

Reactions: 6 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, i think its difficult to pinpoint but probably the first two