Did you hear about the PSPi 6 project?

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not touched my psp 1000 in forever until I saw his IPS mod video and decided to install that and get a glass screen mod. It's awesome but after that I experienced joystick drift and I took apart the joystick and cleaned it and I also bought replacements (THEY ARE BAD, KEEP YOUR ORIGINAL) and it still didn't fix the drift so it's something else. It kept happening even with my original top shell so I don't know. I haven't tried the joysense joystick software yet. I ordered a new rubber part that goes between the main board and the joystick to see if that fixes it. I own three vita's and a psp go but I'm still a bit bummed because the IPS screen with the glass lense looks so clear and it's great. I googled the joystick replacements and there's a problem with them where they get stuck when you move them around. I managed to kinda fix it but the original joysticks are way better. Also for anybody maybe wanting a glass screen - get the top shell replacement on ali or ebay and the glass and use B-7000 glue. It's real good.

Reactions: AlanJohn

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking at some PSP 1000 models for parts on eBay to maybe do this project. When did "parts" become so expensive?
I've got a 1000 in working condition if you're still looking. Would probably be willing to part with it for a fair price. Depends on what parts you specifically are looking for, I guess. The housing is a little beat up (was like that when I got it).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4