• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Digital ID... Would you be fine having one?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
No way!
  • ID information should never be stored online.
  • What i want to share with who is not something i trust to an app.
  • There never really been a problem that i can't proof myself to be who i am, so what problem is there exactly it solves?
  • To those who need my data should just do thier homework and stop whining if they can't.
So how about, no because it's the worst idea ever!

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A digital ID will only lead to vaccine passports and a Central Bank controlled digital currency.

I'm sure those on the hard left would love this since they cheered when people lost their jobs because they refused to get jabbed and they cheered when people got de-banked for wrong think. But I seriously hope that the sane liberals would reject this outright.

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I mean, we do have the possibility for all the functionality, if not the functionality itself, all over Europe, and actually working, without a warmongering middleman selling your information. So, no. Fucking Thales? Hell, no.
It's a shame it's not on the blockchain, we could rest easily knowing it would never work.

pokota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
voting_software.png

• Haha
Reactions: TraderPatTX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool