Hacking DIOS MIOS! GC ISO Loader proof of concept (Starfox Assault)

• Thread starter Deleted-171178
  • Start date
  • Views 149,748
  • Replies 682
Status
Not open for further replies.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
inb4noobflood

but this is F'ing great!

runner12326

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
noobfloodbeginshere
biggrin.gif

Legend!

Can't wait to see this up and running fully!

runner12326

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't say so, since most hacks come originally out of hardware mods, like iPhone jailbreaks and the PS3 hack.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
We don't know any shit yet.

Lets wait for more info

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He showed the open wii. To show that the disc drive wasn't in.. and or to see that he wasn't using a wode or anything.. Idk if he has sound working though.If you read his twitter he said somehting about it not working... Or something..recalling from memory don't take my word for it..

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Justin121994 said:
He showed the open wii. To show that the disc drive wasn't in.. and or to see that he wasn't using a wode or anything.. Idk if he has sound working though.If you read his twitter he said somehting about it not working... Or something..recalling from memory don't take my word for it..
IIRC Starfox Assault was one of those notorious streaming audio games, and hard to get working properly on any method anyways.

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who knows If the audio was working we.hope he's figured it out.. Prob not though because he put backround music. Love the ending though pretty funny.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jockel said:
Justin121994 said:
IIRC Starfox Assault was one of those notorious streaming audio games, and hard to get working properly on any method anyways.

Actually it's pretty easy to get most of the audio streaming games to work as backups, some of the audio is just missing then. Some of these games are problematic to boot as RETAIL discs, this includes Eternal Darkess, Starfox Adventures and Zelda Ocarina of Time/Master Quest.

To get the missing audio to work, he would need to find out how that audio is encoded, figure out a way to use the audio processor at the same time the game does it and then have the free resources to do so. I would say the chance that this is done anytime is as low as GC usb loading itself, maybe even lower.

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WiiPower said:
Jockel said:
Justin121994 said:

Actually it's pretty easy to get most of the audio streaming games to work as backups, some of the audio is just missing then. Some of these games are problematic to boot as RETAIL discs, this includes Eternal Darkess, Starfox Adventures and Zelda Ocarina of Time/Master Quest.

To get the missing audio to work, he would need to find out how that audio is encoded, figure out a way to use the audio processor at the same time the game does it and then have the free resources to do so. I would say the chance that this is done anytime is as low as GC usb loading itself, maybe even lower.
That's what i meant with "properly".
Not that it matters much though, beggars cant be choosers.
Let's just wait and see how this develops.

D

Deleted-171178

OP
I personally hope this uses the gamecube memory card and not some virtual device, so I can use it as if I was actually using a disk based backup.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome. I think this is a lot further along than most people would have thought just a couple of weeks ago..

I've got a WODE, but I think this could be better and free in time. Maybe the future will see the GC mem cards integrated into the nand emu allowing lots of space and an easy safe way to backup GC saves. (the only 3 homebrew that allow this have many bugs). Maybe this will allow to cheating in GC games and changing variables while the game runs (see the recent Wii POC vid).

Anyway, I think this is shaping up real nice and fast.

Q... Donation Link ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D