Not open for further replies.

Remfin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disasterous said:
There's the other officer on duty. The reason it translates into hindering development is that the devs focus their work on compatibility and fixing bugs, and then they get threatened by these two to have their work taken down if they don't hurry up n deliver w/e the police want. It makes devs not want to continue doing what they enjoy(ask the devs, you know who I'm talking about). I understand a friendly reminder that they need to follow gpl, but some aren't even sure what that entails. It's just a shame that a dev has to stop his work to immediately comply with gpl or face a bunch of bullying. I think you should take a different approach.
This goes both ways, because there are a number of projects we've had "controversy" around that probably only exist due to GPL violations hindering development of the GPL-friendly developers who would be releasing a far-superior product if they weren't being hindered.

One example is the entire cIOS area...there are a number of devs who know how to do what Riivolution/RawkSD do, and I know many of them have actually made tools privately that do it, and unlike the Riiv/RawkSD developers they won't particularly care if their code makes pirates' lives easier...but none of them have actually released it. Could it be because they got sick of their GPL-licensed code (repeatedly) having its license violated and people in the community fighting against them and claiming they aren't "real developers" every time they try and get it fixed?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Development of DML will start(continue) soon, some things need to be set up first, todo list, git, and and and...

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
hellboy2010 said:
if you guys want to fight about gpl, go an make your own post
They are making their own posts. I think you mean for them to make their own thread.
biggrin.gif

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there was a GPL violation or rules violation in file trip or anywhere on the forums, just report it to a mod. No need to make such a big deal about it.

The illegal files are gone. Really now, let's stop fighting over this.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
my 2 cents, both parties could be more reasonable. It's important to respect and recognize GPL, but if there's a violation I think the issue is usually raised in a somewhat harsh manner. I think both sides need to make an effort to achieve a common goal; the distribution of open source gpl compliant code. The trick is to not alienate anyone in the process, that includes the dev in question as well as those reporting the GPL violation. Btw, I'm not claiming to be perfect here, I've made mistakes in the past too.

Back on topic, I spoke with crediar and confirmed Godlike did in fact purchase DM, DML and NMM. So if there was ever any doubt as to whether he actually has the source those concerns can be put to rest.

king666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
More work and less Bla Bla Bla we urje that work God Mine Lite in Bootmi as ios as quickly as possible.
rolleyes.gif

T.Kuranari

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't really get the point of the aquiring of the original DM source since it has been released under the GPL license in the past and therefore it should already be in possession of many people, including myself. If people want it I can upload the latest revision checked out from the google code project page a few days before the site vanished, but again I doubt anyone can work with it due to its complexity and the MEM2/ARAM problem of the Wiis hardware.

T.Kuranari

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right, marcan and bushing together with a warez backup loader in the same sentence is always a good combination.

No disrespect to giantpune, but if he could improve DM he would already have it done. I don't think any other person than crediar ever worked with DM, even after the public open source release.

Anyways, from what I understood it doesn't matter how good you are in coding if something is just not technically doable.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
T.Kuranari said:
Right, marcan and bushing together with a warez backup loader in the same sentence is always a good combination.

No disrespect to giantpune, but if he could improve DM he would already have it done. I don't think any other person than crediar ever worked with DM, even after the public open source release.

Anyways, from what I understood it doesn't matter how good you are in coding if something is just not technically doable.
Who says pune has not already? I personally don't think he has, but he does keep plenty of stuff to himself. But the fact is with pune, he only does things that are interesting to him. If it does not interest him hen he won't do it at all.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
T.Kuranari said:
snikerz said:
Remember Wiigator?
You mean the person that was last seen on 30th August 2009 and then completly left the 'scene'?

Yes, the past is useless.
Nevertheless, this struggle for source code, gpl bla bla related to hacking, "underground" is always funny. Can someone explain me this paradox ? You modify your machine, then it's no more legal in some countries, and then there's still some amateurs jurists/cops to claim legality.

There's no moral or anything when there's money (did you really pay thousand of dollars ?) . As a result, some real good coders ( Wiipower ?!!) are not in the party.
Well, we'll see, wish good luck, patience etc ...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Haha, good one. Sorry, i am not in the league of Crediar, bushing, Marcan, WiiGator, AerialX or emu_kidid.(and probably some others i just forgot right now)

When this project is released, i will take a look at it eventually, but other than the stuff i talked about in this thread, i doubt i would be of much help. And since it's arm code and most likely mixed or even exclusively ASM code, i could only tell others what to do and not do it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    but that's a long shot
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    I'm new! Hi!
    DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma: I'm new! Hi!