Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiGetItDone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, hell... If it was a couple of minutes of loading, or long enough to think something happened and the Wii crashed or froze or something, I'd understand. But, that's only half a second...

That's for every gesture made while using the program. Imagine if your mouse started having 0.5-1.0 second delays for every movement or click you made, you probably would question why it is happening. If you want to help, then help. If you want to criticize everyone, then keep it to yourself.

I apologize for getting off topic.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I mean, hell... If it was a couple of minutes of loading, or long enough to think something happened and the Wii crashed or froze or something, I'd understand. But, that's only half a second...

That's for every gesture made while using the program. Imagine if your mouse started having 0.5-1.0 second delays for every movement or click you made, you probably would question why it is happening. If you want to help, then help. If you want to criticize everyone, then keep it to yourself.
If the delay is with every movement then i can imagine that it bothers you...
I thought you only had it in 1 place..
I do clean setups lots of times because i do a lot of testing with wiiflow,
I had Wiiflow revs in the past doing strange things..so i can imagine something went wrong somehow with your setup.
Maybe the latest stable wiiflow mod will give you a better experience...rev 348..just try it.

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's not even that much time... People are so damned impatient... Oh, and I"m not criticizing EVERYONE... I'm criticizing the people that make small problems seem like they'll destroy the world if they don't get solved...

WiiGetItDone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the latest stable wiiflow mod will give you a better experience...rev 348..just try it.

Thanks. I deleted everything from Wiiflow and reinstalled the latest revision. I think I forgot to delete the PNG's earlier and it was trying to generate .wfc files while I was using it. Everything is good now.

Has anyone tried USB Loader GX 3.0 yet? I'm getting some major graphics errors on the channel screen.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

That's not even that much time... People are so damned impatient... Oh, and I"m not criticizing EVERYONE... I'm criticizing the people that make small problems seem like they'll destroy the world if they don't get solved...

First of all I didn't take it takes a split second for me, it actually takes several seconds to load, speaking about myself anyway, and besides I think I have the right to prefer a loader over another, and I don't like Wiiflow because it's too damn slow and busy for my taste, I prefer USB Loader GX and NeoGamma, they're more "practical" to use!

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
plus I used 3rd party component cables and not the Nintendo ones.
There's no different in how the cables work. They are dummy devices... not even really a device. But there is no logic in the cable itself. So basically, if it doesn't work with third part cables then it wont work with the nintendo ones either.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That still doesn't answer my question, how is it that I played the game on the same console (gamecube mode), on the same TV in the past, but when I play it off an ISO image, it doesn't? My current cables aren't exactly brand new (~4 years old).

I'm not retarded, I think I know what settings/cables I used when I played the disc on my current TV.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
other than maybe not lasting too long and wearing out, a poorly shielded cable would be the only difference between one and another brand of cables. poor shielding would only mean the image could get a little blurry or have a bit of static in it in some situations. The TV just not accepting one kind of signal while still accepting others should not depend at all upon the brand of the cables.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have connected/disconnected the official cables a lot during the past for years (when moving the Wii around the house or to other locations, etc), but I know for a fact the third party cables I have at home irrefutably worked with this game before.

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

First of all I didn't take it takes a split second for me, it actually takes several seconds to load, speaking about myself anyway, and besides I think I have the right to prefer a loader over another, and I don't like Wiiflow because it's too damn slow and busy for my taste, I prefer USB Loader GX and NeoGamma, they're more "practical" to use!

Ugh... There we go again... Making problems where there are none to begin with again... I never said nobody had the right to use what ever they want,,, Personally, I couldn't give a f*ck about WiiFlow if my life depended on it... I prefer CFG over WiiFlow... Can we please stfu about this now? For fucks sake, get over it already, damn

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
That still doesn't answer my question, how is it that I played the game on the same console (gamecube mode), on the same TV in the past, but when I play it off an ISO image, it doesn't? My current cables aren't exactly brand new (~4 years old).

I'm not retarded, I think I know what settings/cables I used when I played the disc on my current TV.
SOrry man. I was just trying to point out that it is not the cables causing the issue. There is obviously a software change that has happened to cause this issue for you. I was just trying to help you rule out one of those options that could cause the failure for you.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I'm sure it's buried in the code somewhere but knowing what settings are used when it runs a game from the disk channel should help [member='the_randomizer'] replicate the same working settings from a loader and get the trouble game to work from SD. Anyone care to dig that info out?

Also, if the game works from the disk channel but not from a loader, would it work when the loader's the one trying to run the retail disk? That might give us some idea what's wrong here.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry man. I was just trying to point out that it is not the cables causing the issue. There is obviously a software change that has happened to cause this issue for you. I was just trying to help you rule out one of those options that could cause the failure for you.

No worries, I'm not upset at anyone, I'm just annoyed at the whole not being able to play the game I want to play the most. The settings in CFG USB loader at at default (no disc set to "off" but I also tried "on". NMN is also set to "off"), and I tired all video modes except the PAL ones.

I'm sure it's buried in the code somewhere but knowing what settings are used when it runs a game from the disk channel should help [member='the_randomizer'] replicate the same working settings from a loader and get the trouble game to work from SD. Anyone care to dig that info out?

Also, if the game works from the disk channel but not from a loader, would it work when the loader's the one trying to run the retail disk? That might give us some idea what's wrong here.

That's where it fails to make any sense to me, how the same game can load from the actual disc and not from an SD card using the same TV/system is beyond me, especially if no drastic changes have been made. Aside from a few changes to the cIOS that was done in order to install DML via a wad manager, I fail to see how that can seriously screw something up this bad.

Is it possible to use some random ordinary retail disc, but still load the game of choice via the disc channel?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

Ugh... There we go again... Making problems where there are none to begin with again... I never said nobody had the right to use what ever they want,,, Personally, I couldn't give a f*ck about WiiFlow if my life depended on it... I prefer CFG over WiiFlow... Can we please stfu about this now? For fucks sake, get over it already, damn

No need to get pissed man, I was only pointing out that I wasn't complaining about a split second slowdown, I was pointing why I do no like Wiiflow, in any case I liked CFG Loader myself too but I grew to like USB Loader GX and NeoGamma more, anyway movin' on...

Sorry man. I was just trying to point out that it is not the cables causing the issue. There is obviously a software change that has happened to cause this issue for you. I was just trying to help you rule out one of those options that could cause the failure for you.

No worries, I'm not upset at anyone, I'm just annoyed at the whole not being able to play the game I want to play the most. The settings in CFG USB loader at at default (no disc set to "off" but I also tried "on". NMN is also set to "off"), and I tired all video modes except the PAL ones.

That's where it fails to make any sense to me, how the same game can load from the actual disc and not from an SD card using the same TV/system is beyond me, especially if no drastic changes have been made. Aside from a few changes to the cIOS that was done in order to install DML via a wad manager, I fail to see how that can seriously screw something up this bad.

Is it possible to use some random ordinary retail disc, but still load the game of choice via the disc channel?

Well I'm sorry it didn't work out for you yet, the only solution I can give you is try the disk again with the same cables and settings on the same TV while DML is installed, make sure to run the disk through CFG, see if the same result happens then it might be either you're settings or DML isn't compatible with this game for some reason, though I can confirm it works just fine for me in DML so I really can't tell, something tells me it's the settings!

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To everyone I offended with my assholeness, my bad... shouldn't have said anything... not gonna make an excuse, was just bein a complete asshole... sorry

Don't worry too much about it. We all have our bad days. I just hope I can get this game not working issue resolved. I will get the disc and the other cables over to my apartment right now.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
well I use USB Loader GX and I set the settings to default for all of my GC games with No Disk being set to "on" except the PAL ones which are both Looney Tunes games, all others are NTSC-U and one is NTSC-J "since it wasn't localized", anyway good luck getting the game to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa https://youtu.be/BKLXOGhXrj4?si=4kXpeyCfxwL_k3qC