Country
United States

ACL3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help with dios mios, but I'll ask anyway.
I finally got it working and was able to play the hulk (saving messed up but whatever, all good) but I'm unable to play timesplitters future perfect, freezes with the loading text (for the game) before the menu.
Also Mario party 7 doesn't seem to work either. try to boot it up but there is no sign of loading a at all.
Using a 2gb card, fat16...what am I doing wrong?
Thanks..

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
yes usb loader gx 3.0 works amazing with 1.4b

Good to know. Will install later today. Is there anything special I need to do (such as installing a certain cIOS)?

I see both a .wad and a .dol file.....confused....

The smaller .wad is a forwarder, i.e. you need the SD to be inserted with the .dol file in order for it to run, the bigger one is a channel by itself, meaning it will take more space on your NAND but you won't need the SD to run it, I'd just stick with the .dol version if I were you to save space!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help with dios mios, but I'll ask anyway.
I finally got it working and was able to play the hulk (saving messed up but whatever, all good) but I'm unable to play timesplitters future perfect, freezes with the loading text (for the game) before the menu.
Also Mario party 7 doesn't seem to work either. try to boot it up but there is no sign of loading a at all.
Using a 2gb card, fat16...what am I doing wrong?
Thanks..

Well MP7 works fine for me in DML, dunno about Hulk thought since I don't have it, anyway it could be a bad iso, I had the same issue with Looney Tunes Back In Action before when I had a bad iso!

Reactions: 1 person

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
i don't recommend loader gx 3.0. if you use component cables automaticaly force dml games to run in progresive, and megaman x collection have problems with that.
the safest thing you can do now is install the original mios and launch the retail disc through disc channel with component cables and see what happen.
if black screen/no signal happen, maybe you get confused and you played the game with composite cables instead.
if everything is ok, then something strange is happening to your setup or is a bug in dml.

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Just checked the custom paths, and yes, the are set up correctly, and the bloody gamecube games still don't bloody load!
have you checked the game source(or whatever the name is) button??
is the 4th button on the top.

edit: you need to enable the option "GC Force Interlace" in the game config or loader gx will automatically force to progressive mode.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you checked the game source(or whatever the name is) button??
is the 4th button on the top.

Alright, just did that and well, the game STILL doesn't run. 480p shows double monochromatic image, tried all videos. Does anyone have a Vizio TV on this forum? If so, what brand? Either that, or something I installed (a cIOS, etc) caused my Wii to be FUBAR.

I'm convinced DML, the TV, etc are all hellbent on preventing me from playing the game.

Besides, I'm sick of having to press, R, L, Start, Z to reset the console, I fear doing so over and over again will make the console that much more worn out. I must be one of the only one among thousands of GBATemp members who has this issue.

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
i'm pretty sure that your tv never supported 240p through component and you played with composite cables before.
anyways you can do a final test and run snes9xgx with the wii set to 480i and the emulator set to video "original"(AKA 240p).
if works, profit. if don't, your tv can't do 240p with composite cables and you need composite cables or a video processor/scanline generator or anything that convert 240p to 480i/p or whatever other format that your tv support, or other tv.

edit: or maybe there are some setting on your tv that you changed and don't remember.

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
It also could be that backup loader authors never bothered to properly support the game. After all we're talking about one single commercially sold title in Gamecube's entire existence to ever utilize 240p graphics mode.
but only the_randomizer has the problem here and i readed other posts in other forums when states that the same game cause trouble not only on backups on gamecube/wii, but also on ps2(retail or backup doesn't matter) because uses 240p, and in the case of the ps2 you have all the ps1 titles that when you play with a component cable outputs 240p and is the exact same situation.
this is more a fault of hdtv manufacturers that users or game consoles.

edit: on ps2 there are many other games that runs on 240p.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used composite cables in more than three years. Never once had I used them on this TV, and during the past three months I have played this very game on the Wii, that much I do know and I'm not BSing when I said I did. Can't really test the Snes9x's original resolution on the Wii right now since it's getting pretty late (almost 1 AM where I live). But I know that I played the game on this TV. I'm not getting mad at anyone, don't get me wrong, but the fact that the DML compatibility list doesn't make notice of this issue just makes it deceiving. Someone really needs to place that as a warning, on how certain TVs may or may not support the game.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone really needs to place that as a warning, on how certain TVs may or may not support the game.
Why not go ahead and have that "someone" be you? It's fairly easy to edit the compatibility list and no one else seems to be experiencing the issue, I myself have followed this ongoing dilemma since the beginning and I finally got a chance to try the game out myself with component cables and DML 1.4b and I'm not having that issue so I can't be sure of any other reason why outside of what's already been suggested.

Edit: have u already attempted to install a clean BC v6 and reinstall DML 1.4b WAD

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is one thing I haven't tried yet, the original video modes in Snes9xGx/FceuGC, as they both can be set to 240p. I think MednafenWii or whatever it's called has that option, too. If neither program works on my TV at that resolution, then the device simply doesn't support it, as it's an unconventional resolution. Too bad the firmware can't be updated...

What's 240p called in Snes9xGx, after I change the Wii to 480i?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmm-hmm, pretty sure 240p video modes don't work. Just tried the double strike/240p resolution in WiiMednafen and all I get is a black screen. That's just lovely (*sarcasm*). Either I have to use composite videos (not before Hell freezes, I won't) or some kind of device that tricks the TV into supporting 240p signals. Either that, or find some magical fantasy land where I can update the HDTV firmware, but seeing as I don't remember what model the TV is, I can't. I just know it's a 32" LCD TV (CCFL backlight, not LED).

Edit: Model no, E320VA

WiiGetItDone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine is a VO370M. I'm getting Mega Man X Collection now, it will be a few hours because my internet has been acting up. I'll try those same settings in WiiMednafen and report back.

Edit: With double strike/240p I get wavy pinky, green, yellow, white, and blue lines across my screen, and everything is fine when I disable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMSPaHhmbI +1