Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiGetItDone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the game (USB Loader GX 3.0, DML 1.4, Video mode: Console Default (480p)), I got really bad interlace and the cut scenes appeared as two separate videos at the top of the screen.
I went back to the options and turned Force GC Interlace: On, the game was no longer interlaced, cutscenes and gameplay gave me nothing but a black screen. I could have tried more combinations of options, but I'm sure at this point you're tried just about everything.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
ok, i did a serious research about 240p and the results were that all the people that had vizio tvs had trouble with component cables and megaman x collection, megaman anniversary collection, ps2 running ps1 games and even some ps2 games like ICO and also some old consoles like snes, genesis and neogeo through component. all of that runs on 240p and the only solution in that tv was use composite cables.
but there is something that bother me and is the fact that the_randomizer was able to play the game just fine with the same tv and cables.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I tried the game (USB Loader GX 3.0, DML 1.4, Video mode: Console Default (480p)), I got really bad interlace and the cut scenes appeared as two separate videos at the top of the screen.
I went back to the options and turned Force GC Interlace: On, the game was no longer interlaced, cutscenes and gameplay gave me nothing but a black screen. I could have tried more combinations of options, but I'm sure at this point you're tried just about everything.
don't waste your time playing with the options, try snes9xgx with your wii set to 480i and set snes9xgx with the video set to "original".
if you get a black screen/no signal the your tv don't support 240p.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, i did a serious research about 240p and the results were that all the people that had vizio tvs had trouble with component cables and megaman x collection, megaman anniversary collection, ps2 running ps1 games and even some ps2 games like ICO and also some old consoles like snes, genesis and neogeo through component. all of that runs on 240p and the only solution in that tv was use composite cables.
but there is something that bothers me with the fact that the_randomizer was able to play the game just fine with the same tv and cables.

I was sorely mistaken and I realized I never played it on that TV in the first place, but a different one. Because of my blatant asininity, I will probably need to beg for the people on this board's forgiveness. It simply doesn't work but thankfully, I have the option of speaking to tech support on live chat, but I don't know how reliable doing so would be. Again, I apologize and my whole tenacity was unjustified.
Our 46" Sony Bravia LCD TV supported 240p, but my Vizio E320VA does not, that's where I got confused. I'll likely need an upconverter/upscaler to trick the HDTV into running 420P, I've seen them on Amazon, but I doubt they're all that trustworthy.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to ask... but if the game works using composite cables... why not use that?

Because they look absolutely atrocious on an HDTV. Despite the fact that the Wii is only enhanced definition, the difference between component and composite is night and day, and yes, I can easily perceive a difference in quality. Component has red, green and blue, separating the signa If you have component inputs, you might as well take advantage of them, right? . Wouldn't a converter that allows component video work just the same without making it look like crap?

Look, I'm not trying to shoot down your guys' suggestions, so please don't look at it that way, but let's be honest, swapping cables out for one problematic game is a real PITA to deal with, a converter box or whatever would likely solve the issue, AND allow me to keep using the component cable.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to play pal games on ntsc? I've been searching but haven't found anything.

Hmm. As I understand it, a pal compatible tv is helpful.

ntsc wii contains internal support of pal modes and will use them when a game requires. it's just unhacked systems may never encounter them:
50hz is not an option on the ntsc system menu.
no official ntsc-region-code game release tells the console to run pal graphics.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to ask... but if the game works using composite cables... why not use that?

Because they look absolutely atrocious on an HDTV.
Oh, sorry, wasnt aware we we're talkin about an HDTV... Yeah, composite cables do look fucked on an HDTV.. tried playin my GameCube on an HDTV... white lines all over the place.. was like wtf lol

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, sorry, wasnt aware we we're talkin about an HDTV... Yeah, composite cables do look fucked on an HDTV.. tried playin my GameCube on an HDTV... white lines all over the place.. was like wtf lol

No worries. This is still frustrating to say the least, and I can't do a freakin' thing about this, short of either selling my TV and getting one that supports 240p (which would be retarded), or somehow get a converter or a so-called Wii component to HDMI box http://www.amazon.co...37550805&sr=8-5

turnerl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I always use USB Loader GX and it supports the disk-art too and the original intro animation, really USB Loader GX did everything I want in one package, unlike Wiiflow which is extremely slow and busy with too much unnecessary effects!
Aaah, that breaks my heart, Wiiflow boots up within 5 secs. for me at the moment, and switching between different views is instant..i must say FIX94 did a hell of a job recoding a lot of stuff, and it seems like the latest rev is getting almost to perfection for me..
Too bad you don'have the same experience.
I agree with you 100% Etheboss

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to play pal games on ntsc? I've been searching but haven't found anything.

Some games have built-in 50htz 60htz options, some may just work if you set to "Force NTSC" but not all of them, but sadly many games would give you a black screen unless you mess with the videos settings and still they will show up in 50htz, gotta get used to them ftm!

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a s-video cable will save your eyes(i tried that with a n64 and looks awesome on my hdtv), the upscaler option is good and more comfortable but also more expensive than a simple cable and for the component to hdmi adaptor IDK how that works but i think could work.

S-video is definitely a lot better than composite (no dot crawl issues), but not nearly as crisp as component. Now, if I decide to get the component to HDMI converter, how would I know whether or not 240p would be supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Floridawoman is the only thing that can ruin Floridaman +1