Hacking Directing USBloader GX to nintendont

MEVC71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi: I am very much a novice at all of this but I successfully soft modded my Wii a few months ago and I have been playing Wii games from an external drive through USB Loader GX and Gamecube games from a separate HDD through Nintendont and that works fine. However, I like the convenience and the box art of USB Loader GX so I wanted to try to set up my system so I can play the Gamecube games through the loader. I was having the same problem with not having the Gamecube menu options as the person mentioned above. I followed through the thread and I updated my version of USB Loader GX to v1262 (I had v1268) and I did get the Gamecube menu options I needed. However, it looks like the loader can't locate the Gamecube games on the external drive because it just comes up blank when I plug the external drive into the USB port and open up the loader. But if i plug my Wii games into the same USB port it will find them. I can't figure it out and I was hoping for some advice. Is it because I have the Wii and Gamecube games on different external drives instead of the same one?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
and I updated my version of USB Loader GX to v1262 (I had v1268)
then, that's stupid. You didn't "updated" it, you downgraded it to an older version.

if gamecube games are not showing, it's because they are not correctly named or in wrong folders.
or your setup is wrong, and replying to random thread thinking you have the same error, but seeing that all advice didn't works just means : no, it wasn't the same error ! why use and bump random thread for a different error ?
there are official USBLoaderGX or Nintendont release thread stickied at the top of the forum to post question and get help about ... yeah, USBLoaderGX or Nintendont.

just setup your HDD and ISO correctly, and RE-update the version of USBLoaderGX. don't keep an old version.
create a single FAT32 partition
put wii games with WiibackupManager to get :
/wbfs/<games title>[<TitleID6>]/<titleID6>.wbfs
put gamecube games in
/games/<games title>[<TitleID6>]/game.iso (NOT ciso)

plug HDD in USB Port 0

reset all settings in the loader (it's easier to re-explain what you need to set back correctly)

go to top menu > 4th icon > enable Wii and gamecube

be sure to have : sd:/apps/nintendont/boot.dol file

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: You don't mess with the zohan!!! +1