Hacking Hardware Direction Inputs frozen on boot and touch screen non-responsive [troubleshooting]

WarioWaffles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS crashed a few times in pokemon moon and now whenever I boot into it the screen is frozen on the empty 'game cartridge slot', if there's a game inserted i can play it but I can't navigate the menu with the direction buttons. Prior to messing with a real game cartridge it was stuck on the friends list (on as had it selected not in as in and was clicked and stuck loading). I updated lumas3D to 12.01 but I can't do anything on the home screen except use the combo to open the lumas menu, i can also boot into godmode9 just fine.

Am I running into some sort of home menu software bug? Or dread of dread has the touchscreen died? I've never had a touch screen die so suddenly especially in a 3DS that is so immaculate and barely used.

I'm looking for help in trying some more things on the software side before opening it up and replacing the touch screen. I've done a region change on this 3Ds and previously had to fix both DS and 3Ds games not working because of a region change 'bug' (it's in the faq on the guide).
Post automatically merged:

Fixed it, calibrating the screen and messing with the screen protector fixed it.

Last edited by WarioWaffles,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch