Disable Updates Payload and some questions from a newbie

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, so this is mi first time messing on the PS4 homebrew section, and got a couple of questions:

I bought a "Pre softmodded" ps4, the owner claim he intalled some games and already used several payloads on it, i got no further communication with the owner, but everything on the PS4 works so far.

The PS4 is currently running 9.0, but i recall the owner mentioning that he installed ""Somehting"" to block or the internet connection or the updates, after reading a bit, i figure it must be the Disable Updates payload.

I would like to start from scratch with this system, as i always do with all of the, so i would like to know:

• Can i just FACTORY reset the PS4 and start from scratch (Even if he executed any random payload) or something will crash/brick when performing the reset?
  • Can i Re-Run the Disable Updates to be safe or its recomended to not run multiple times these kind of payloads?
  • Sending the DIsable Updates Payload is "Permanent" until i send the "Enable Updates", or does this payload gets removed from memory each shutdown (Need to relaunch this everytime).
  • Can i delete users that already have content on them without issues? or this must be avoided?
Ive already read the AIO exploit guide, and notice the payloads there refer to 9.0, however, the github page mentions that they are for for 4.00-7.02, are they safe for 9.0?

I read that the "Magic" usb is always neccesary, got 0 issues with that, but would like to get confirmation on the payloads maximum version support (question above)

I would prefer to literally start from a factory reset and everything, so i can just set the DNS, execute the payload, and block the updates, and then, just go from here.

Any help its appreciated, regards!

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ScarletDreamz its more than safe to factory reset, just use AlAzifs dns to block updates and @Prb and @Leeful ‘s host for 9.00: http://prb123.ir/index.html

Disable updates payload doesn’t work after 6.72, as you said it gets wiped each shutdown/KP.
Thanks @KiiWii , was better to make sure before screwing something up, just to make sure, since your guide mentions it works on 9.0.

Ill proceed then and do a full wipe before starting. is there anyway, (aside from the DNS and stay offline) to block updates permanently?

Also, is there anything to know before getting into the PS4 Scene? (Besides Avoid Updating and Installing shady pkg) any backup i need to make, or something along the way that would be usefull to know?

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ScarletDreamz there is no way to perma block updates, unless you do it on your router directly (there are a list of urls to block in the AIO guide), and as for shady FPKG’s: afaik there are none that are disguised as games, homebrew maybe, but none that are common knowledge which is a good thing, so you should be fine :)

Edit: yeah update blocker and unblocker payloads have been updated to run on >6.72 but they don’t actually do what they used to on 5.05.

Reactions: ScarletDreamz

Prb

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks @KiiWii , was better to make sure before screwing something up, just to make sure, since your guide mentions it works on 9.0.

Ill proceed then and do a full wipe before starting. is there anyway, (aside from the DNS and stay offline) to block updates permanently?

Also, is there anything to know before getting into the PS4 Scene? (Besides Avoid Updating and Installing shady pkg) any backup i need to make, or something along the way that would be usefull to know?
Also goldhen has an update blocker built in it runs every time you load goldhen but as @KiiWii said best to use al Azif's dns also if you plan to have your ps4 online 🙂

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, dont really pretend to use it online, no plans for that, but always been paranoid to avoid to core the update posibility.

Already factoryr eset eveyrthing, downloading all needed files in order to start, i saw that Karo218 host got the Disable Updates payload for 9.0, thats was also why i was asking.

Prb

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks guys, dont really pretend to use it online, no plans for that, but always been paranoid to avoid to core the update posibility.

Already factoryr eset eveyrthing, downloading all needed files in order to start, i saw that Karo218 host got the Disable Updates payload for 9.0, thats was also why i was asking.
Pointless payloads disable update / enable browser and more karo host is good and his a good guy but some payloads are just not needed the average user will use maybe 2 or 3 payloads at the most tbh

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should periodically backup your databases from system_data/priv/mms. First delete the notifications.db and restart, then backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: For your steam deck ken?