Homebrew [Discontinued] TWLoader - CTR-mode NDS app

Status
Not open for further replies.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I install this cause nothing is showing up on the 3DS home screen, i used FBI to install the said .cia below but am I doing something wrong? Am I suppose to go open something else to get into NDS, etc etc. I'm probably confused with the below steps? Not even sure if I'm on SYS or EMU nand with Paladin(wrong on the name, but i always forget his name, sorry) guide.
  1. (This step is required. An error screen will appear if this isn't installed.) Install "TWLoader - TWLNAND side.cia" that's in "sdmc:/_nds/twloader/cia/" to SysNAND (also to EmuNAND, if you have EmuNAND).
  2. Install "TWLoader.cia" to whichever NAND you use (SysNAND or EmuNAND).

Last edited by djricekcn,

Soulsilve2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm testing this and so far no issues,now I no longer get the save corrupted issue when playing Super Mario 64 DS!Has game compatibility changed this release?No rush or anything,I'm very impressed by this project.

Edit:Still get the lag when I try swimming,not too much of a problem.

Last edited by Soulsilve2010,

JackFlare8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo, lurker here. Just made an account to thank everyone whose's made this possible (this is seriously amazing), as well as ask for some help. I've tried getting two old favorite games of mine, Harvest Moon DS and Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands, to work, but the first one boots to a white screen and the latter to a black screen. I'm pretty sure I've gotten everything installed right, and I just finished updating both nds bootstrap and TWLoader to the latest versions. I know that many games don't work currently, and that's fine, I'm just wondering if I can remedy either of these errors at this time.

Reactions: Guipradi

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Soulsilve2010 nds-bootstrap 0.2.0 was released yesterday, and it added support for some save types. Sonic Rush also saves properly now, though level maps are still effectively unusable due to lag.

Sidenote: If anyone has a game with a Japanese banner, can you test it in TWLoader to see if it shows the banner correctly now? 2.4.1 includes proper support for Unicode banners, so it should work now, assuming the fonts support Japanese.

Reactions: Soulsilve2010

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me out with installing this? I installed the TWLoader - TWLNAND side.cia through FBI after using Pa(something)'s guide but it's not showing up on the homescreen at all. What Am i doing wrong

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me out with installing this? I installed the TWLoader - TWLNAND side.cia through FBI after using Pa(something)'s guide but it's not showing up on the homescreen at all. What Am i doing wrong
It's not supposed to. It's a hidden title that TWLoader chainloads when starting a DS game.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not supposed to. It's a hidden title that TWLoader chainloads when starting a DS game.

Did you also install the main TWloader cia?

then...how do i boot it? Do i need to insert a normal DS Cart in there or something? The instructions aren't very clear then if i need to do more.

Last edited by djricekcn,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's two CIAs in the 7z package:
  • TWLoader.cia - this is a standard 3DS application that should show up on the Home Menu.
  • TWLoader - TWLNAND side.cia - this is a hidden TWL application.
Both need to be installed. The TWL application is called by the 3DS frontend.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
good start but compatibility sucks.pokemon heartgold eur is stuck on white screen
I seriously wish people would stop expecting mainline Pokemon games to work right now. Of course it sucks. This entire project is derived from reverse engineering an NDS homebrew product. Plus, HH and SS are also both DSi enhanced titles. Compatibility for any of these is going to take a while. Also, there's a compatibility list that'll save you some time.

Last edited by Joom,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Veho, where's the poll at?
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    they're giving the internet an open text box?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never played or own any of they devices, but I like small style, but with a somewhat grip
    oh man, that always goes great!
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia