Discovering the Joys of My Bard

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Some of you are well aware of the FF5 challenge currently going on, and well, for my third job, I got the Bard. I was thinking "oh crap," since I've never really used one (I ditched Edward ASAP in FF4). Then in the moving desert, I hit a bit of a road block about halfway through. I was plowing through potions like there's no tomorrow (from 99 to about 30 in six battles), and was trying to figure out how to fix the situation. Then I remembered that my Bard had a Charm song that would confuse the enemies. To my delight, it had a high success rate, and the desert enemies were using many abilities and spells vs physical attacks. I used that time to have my Bard use a group regen song, and everybody would heal about 150 HP (if they even needed it) before battles end most of the time.

I have a new appreciation for the Bard. I mean, I hope I get better songs to help with bosses some, but this isn't bad for now.

In the mean time, I remembered that I had Demi and put that to work on a few enemies with my two Time Mages, while my Black Mage just cast Ice 2 when he got the chance (Galuf is a bit slow). I made it out of the desert, rested, saved, and am happy.

tl;dr - My bard saved my ass multiple times.

No other news really. I DL'd Birth By Sleep again and am going through it on the Pride difficulty (not ready for Critical quite yet). I also got the new Taiko PSP game to pass 5 or 10 minutes every now and again. Life news consists of mostly nothing. All things considered, the past week has been really uneventful. Hard to believe I've been living with my aunt for nearly two weeks now.

tl;dr 2 - I got games and live in a different place.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I got the Bard too. Just equipped with Daggers... overleveled and GO!
smileipb2.png

One of the songs I used a lot was the Love Song (iirc). Immobilized completely enemies for a few turns.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk