Gaming Discuss - Can the Switch be software hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PedroDJavier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: I'm just making assumptions, let's discuss calmly

Hello Tempers :D

I know it's kinda soon to talk about scene and hacking but I just have some technical questions about if it is going to be possible to hack the Switch using only software vulnerabilities.

So, as far as we've seen yet, it looks like the switch cartridges are not going to be rewritable, meaning that savegames are going to be stored in the internal memory or sd card, signed/crypted with unique keys per console. So, as long as Nintendo doesn't mess up cryptography with savegames as they did with 3ds first games, no savegame exploits would be reliable.

Anyways, even though we had a savegame exploit, ASLR would stop us. AFAIK, The only way to bypass ASLR would be a scriptable exploitable environment, such as the web browser, but at first it looks like Nintendo won't set up a web browser (at least on 1.0 as far as we've been able to see on Switch Menu's images and so on)

Assuming all this facts, is there still some known way to execute unsigned code using only software pieces (no hardware hacks)?

Thanks!

Last edited by PedroDJavier,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...