[Discussion] Death

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
But science never proved that we will be absorbed back into "the ecosystem", if you're basing everything off of science. If I'm wrong, show me a url or something.
It's quite obvious that our bodies decompose when we die. The process of decomposition involves our tissues being consumed by animals, insects and microbes. That is what I meant by being absorbed into the ecosystem.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
It's quite obvious that our bodies decompose when we die. The process of decomposition involves our tissues being consumed by animals, insects and microbes. That is what I meant by being absorbed into the ecosystem.

Ah then I have no objections, but then back to what you said earlier, you can't prove you'll be aware of the ecosystem.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't fear death at all. The only thing I fear is that I won't be able to live a long life. I have no problem dying at the Age of 70-80. You can't do most of the things, so you just wait for death anyway. The only thing that makes me sad when I think about death is, that I can't play games anymore, and that I won't know how the people that I care about are doing. I wonder how it will feel to die. With advancing technology, maybe our mind can be put into a new body. You'll never know.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah then I have no objections, but then back to what you said earlier, you can't prove you'll be aware of the ecosystem.
I never claimed that we would be aware of the ecosystem. From my previous posts it should be clear that I believe the exact opposite of this - that after death there is no awareness of anything whatsoever.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I never claimed that we would be aware of the ecosystem. From my previous posts it should be clear that I believe the exact opposite of this - that after death there is no awareness of anything whatsoever.

Just rechecked, I misread. :P

I don't fear death at all. The only thing I fear is that I won't be able to live a long life. I have no problem dying at the Age of 70-80. You can't do most of the things, so you just wait for death anyway. The only thing that makes me sad when I think about death is, that I can't play games anymore, and that I won't know how the people that I care about are doing. I wonder how it will feel to die. With advancing technology, maybe our mind can be put into a new body. You'll never know.

Fearing that you can't live a long life is indirectly the fear of death.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Its interesting this thread has popped up at this time... I must share an anecdote of my holiday to peru, which is still in progress at this time. I attended an Ayahausca healing retreat for 9 days last week (anyone who isn't familiar with ayahausca should click here)

During my third session of working with the medicine, i had a vision of myself committing suicide via jumping off a skyscraper. It wasn't the same as a dream, it was more vivid as a hallucination caused by the psychedelic properties of the drug DMT contained in the ayahausca brew.

As a skeptical athiest, i never thought i was scared of death, i always considered it a natural process of human biology and that after we die, we are incinerated into ash or buried 6 feet underground and destined to eternal nothingness forever.

Actually dying during a DMT trip (which was fucking frightening, i was shaking for hours and emotionally destroyed for days after it) made me realise that in fact, I am scared of death and intrigued of the unknowns relating to when a humans time in this physical realm has come to close. Deep down i secretly wish our spirit continues on into the afterlife in some form or another.

DMT, it's a hell of a drug!

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
This is sure an interesting topic and one of my favourite subjects to reflect.
I believe that when we die we just black out. There's nothing beyond it.no afterlife, no heaven. You might tag my perspective as pessimist. And that's exactly what it is. We will be forgotten forever and the only memories people have of us is the things we have done for them but it always fades away with time. Always.
Now another thing that I do believe besides not having an afterlife is that since we're born we're being controlled. I can't tell why but to me something just feels too weird to live as a super gifted species and not having a practical purpose despite destroying the own place we were born. I do believe that when we die either we're being controlled or not we will just "experience" darkness. And here enters the second problem. How can we as a species define what is like being dead. Or even describe something "eternal". That really bothers me. So I am curious. Very ,very curious. I am curious to expetience death and not only I do not fear it but I kind of look forward for it :P I just want to " experience"(this makes no absolute sense )

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
This is sure an interesting topic and one of my favourite subjects to reflect.
I believe that when we die we just black out. There's nothing beyond it.no afterlife, no heaven. You might tag my perspective as pessimist. And that's exactly what it is. We will be forgotten forever and the only memories people have of us is the things we have done for them but it always fades away with time. Always.
Now another thing that I do believe besides not having an afterlife is that since we're born we're being controlled. I can't tell why but to me something just feels too weird to live as a super gifted species and not having a practical purpose despite destroying the own place we were born. I do believe that when we die either we're being controlled or not we will just "experience" darkness. And here enters the second problem. How can we as a species define what is like being dead. Or even describe something "eternal". That really bothers me. So I am curious. Very ,very curious. I am curious to expetience death and not only I do not fear it but I kind of look forward for it :P I just want to " experience"(this makes no absolute sense )
Controlled as in like, a Sims game? There's a conspiracy theory out there that we aren't actually real and we are just a computer simulation

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Controlled as in like, a Sims game? There's a conspiracy theory out there that we aren't actually real and we are just a computer simulation
No ,controlled like in the matrix. I know its just a movie but there's a philosophical point behind it called evil genius , which I purely believe.

Reactions: nxwing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked