Homebrew [DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

GONumero01

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm using NSUI beta 28 which has the option to customise the banner sound, I saw you said you also are using the same version. See the screenshot below, I've noticed in beta 27 this option is removed. Have you checked the version you are using? Silly question I know but this isn't my area of expertise.

View attachment 342863
WOW!!!!!!!!
You're right, I only recently upgraded to beta 28 and I was using beta 27 before, so I didn't open "Customize" again thinking the option had been removed from all versions!! That's exactly what I needed, thank you!

Nomu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've spent a couple hours yesterday and today reading on this forum looking for information and/or answers but to no avail. I think it's a combination of not knowing enough and using the wrong search terms.

Ignoring the fact this port/demake (Steins;Gate) doesn't run, because it is not an official release the database cannot find the game information and as a result the virtual console footer is left blank. Is there a way to amend this by either editing the game info or the footer itself? I imagine I will run into this problem with ROM hacks and anything else of its kind.

1671050901100.jpeg

I've just spent a lot of time preparing icons, banner images and custom sounds for 150 injects and for things to go wrong now is frustrating. If worse came to worse I would have to use a flat 256*128 image as the footer is not used but this would require a rework of my current banner images since they don't scale up due to different aspect ratios.

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Edit - typos

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I've spent a couple hours yesterday and today reading on this forum looking for information and/or answers but to no avail. I think it's a combination of not knowing enough and using the wrong search terms.

Ignoring the fact this port/demake (Steins;Gate) doesn't run, because it is not an official release the database cannot find the game information and as a result the virtual console footer is left blank. Is there a way to amend this by either editing the game info or the footer itself? I imagine I will run into this problem with ROM hacks and anything else of its kind.

I've just spent a lot of time preparing icons, banner images and custom sounds for 150 injects and for things to go wrong now is frustrating. If worse came to worse I would have to use a flat 256*128 image as the footer is not used but this would require a rework of my current banner images since they don't scale up due to different aspect ratios.

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Edit - typos
I haven't used this program in a while but shouldn't you be able to click 'Cutosmize' under CIA banner or double click the banner to edit it?. It should let you write text. Don't worry about the developer/publisher saying 'Unknown' because when you install the game it will have the proper 'Game Publisher' you typed in (Spike Chunsoft). The program is just saying it hasn't found that rom in the database.

Reactions: Nomu

Nomu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't used this program in a while but shouldn't you be able to click 'Cutosmize' under CIA banner or double click the banner to edit it?. It should let you write text. Don't worry about the developer/publisher saying 'Unknown' because when you install the game it will have the proper 'Game Publisher' you typed in (Spike Chunsoft). The program is just saying it hasn't found that rom in the database.

You know I was never going to click the banner and find that little secret out. My brain was like maybe I need to hex edit the uip file because there's hex codes and it might do something and I need to verify it doesn't work before I dismiss it. Which is funny because I haven't done any hex editing before. You just saved me a lot of time, thanks.

Reactions: ChanseyIsTheBest

Amey8a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
@ghjfdtg

Did that already. Everything is normal and no error occurred in testing.

The issue occur for injected emerald on 2ds only.

On new 3ds xl with 64kb cluster size, the issue is not present at all.

Also, on 2ds, If I run game via open gba firm, the issue still occur.

Attachments

• HWTEST.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by Amey8a,

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
@ghjfdtg

Did that already. Everything is normal and no error occurred in testing.

The issue occur for injected emerald on 2ds only.

On new 3ds xl with 64kb cluster size, the issue is not present at all.

Also, on 2ds, If I run game via open gba firm, the issue still occur.
Wrong thread? But anyway, the RAM test came out clean. To be honest i don't know what could be wrong. Possibly other hardware failure if the exact same ROM works on another 3DS.

Amey8a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Wrong thread? But anyway, the RAM test came out clean. To be honest i don't know what could be wrong. Possibly other hardware failure if the exact same ROM works on another 3DS.
I don't think that is the case. All gba vc Including all pokemon games run flawlessly. The only difference here is the generation of 3ds. One is gen 1 2ds and another one is gen 2 New 3ds xl.

Currently the only thing I want is someone with gen 1 2ds to try the pokemon emerald vc on the system and see if the gliches are still there.

Amey8a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Doubt it. The old 2DS is identical to the old 3DS internally. It's the same SoC.
I have new 3ds xl and not the old 3ds. I know that old 2ds and old 3ds have same SoC. I need someone to check pokemon emerald vc on either old 2ds or old 3ds. Just to know the cause of this very specific issue.

From my testing, Each pokemon emerald vc inject runs without glitches from the fresh start and stays like that until I turn off the game. Next boot starts glitching always. I have tried open gba firm and it also shows glitching. mostly always after saving the game.

It looks to me like save read write issue on ols 2ds/3ds but I can't verify it. I can only replicate the issue.

Another thing that differ between them is the firmware. We know that new 3ds /3ds xl/2dsxl have different firmware than that of old 2ds/3ds/3ds xl. I might look into it once I get at least one external case for the specific issue similar to mine.

Last edited by Amey8a,

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
From my testing, Each pokemon emerald vc inject runs without glitches from the fresh start and stays like that until I turn off the game. Next boot starts glitching always. I have tried open gba firm and it also shows glitching. mostly always after saving the game.
You didn't mention this before. That sounds to me like the filesystem on your SD card is corrupted. Backup all your data, reformat the card and test again. I recommend deleting the savegame too just in case to start clean.

Amey8a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
You didn't mention this before. That sounds to me like the filesystem on your SD card is corrupted. Backup all your data, reformat the card and test again. I recommend deleting the savegame too just in case to start clean.
Did that as well. I have 32gb sd card and I have tried 64kb, 32kb, 16kb cluster as well while formatting. Also, I have clean wiped the sd card as well. Deleted test save multiple times as well.

Last edited by Amey8a,

Misterfan2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm importing my NSUI 0.27 Library files into a 0.28 update, but when I try to import GBC/GBA games it says that the files needs to have "IConvertible". Anyone know how to solve this?

ollietaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After downloading the Beta 28.7z file to my Windows laptop from Gamebrew dot org, I then scan the file with Avast and it returns a malware threat called "Win32:Upatre-E [Trj]" which is a trojan. Anyone else have this issue or can provide a safe download file for me? The .exe file is infected and Avast is unable to resolve the threat. The threat is also present for the Beta 27 download from DropBox.
trojan screenshot-1.jpg

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
After downloading the Beta 28.7z file to my Windows laptop from Gamebrew dot org, I then scan the file with Avast and it returns a malware threat called "Win32:Upatre-E [Trj]" which is a trojan. Anyone else have this issue or can provide a safe download file for me? The .exe file is infected and Avast is unable to resolve the threat. The threat is also present for the Beta 27 download from DropBox. View attachment 343762
It's just a false positive, iirc NSUI is unsigned so anti-viruses love to complan about nothing

cassiechai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
After downloading the Beta 28.7z file to my Windows laptop from Gamebrew dot org, I then scan the file with Avast and it returns a malware threat called "Win32:Upatre-E [Trj]" which is a trojan. Anyone else have this issue or can provide a safe download file for me? The .exe file is infected and Avast is unable to resolve the threat. The threat is also present for the Beta 27 download from DropBox.
The one on gamebrew is the same as the one in this thread/dropbox, you can find the link to the post at the bottom of the wiki page if you want to check.. eip's guide is redirecting to the same dropbox link as well..

Nomu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HNI_0010.JPG
1672069143207.png

Anyone know why my footer is grayscaled? I didn't anticipate this being an issue I'd run into. At least I found out sooner rather than later.

ollietaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The one on gamebrew is the same as the one in this thread/dropbox, you can find the link to the post at the bottom of the wiki page if you want to check.. eip's guide is redirecting to the same dropbox link as well..
Thanks. Did you have any issues after downloading? Did you scan the file for viruses?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I got free every channel so that's awesome lol +1