Hacking Discussion: Nintendo ceasing Wii U production = 5.5.X exploit?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm just glad there isn't full-scale piracy with functioning usb iso... wud-loaders yet. So they can't blame "rampant piracy" as they always do (and as we all know it's bogus but the mainstream media prints it anyway, so mr. jones -while getting a haircut- will say "yeah that nintendo game thingie, the damn internet pirates killed that! says so right in that newspaper there!)
I agree Wii U has quite a nice library that shouldn't be that expensive to have by now, at least the essential ones.

hollowtip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/japanes...i-u-production-by-the-end-of-the-year.420010/
So, Nintendo will stop Wii U production by the end of the year, and Nintendo releases FW updates with really long delays.
(time between 5.3.2 and 5.4.0 about 6-7 months) We know Nintendo, they are slow in everything.
So... Why not releasing the 5.5.X kernel exploit, and make everyone happy?
No, not only piracy lovers, there are many developers that needs the exploit for their homebrew.

Just discussion no flame pls no h8

Nintendo won't stop making firmware updates just because they are halting console production. However, Unless they learn how to block users spoofing to the latest firmware, or push out firmware that contains mandatory code that is required to run a game, piracy will continue on the system. If you do want to run "homebrew" though, you better snag a 5.3.2 or 5.4 Firmware version consoles while you can, they are becoming scarcer by the minute. I had to order another one off eBay because I accidentally changed routers and forgot to block the update URL's again before taking the console back online.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo won't stop making firmware updates just because they are halting console production. However, Unless they learn how to block users spoofing to the latest firmware, or push out firmware that contains mandatory code that is required to run a game, piracy will continue on the system. If you do want to run "homebrew" though, you better snag a 5.3.2 or 5.4 Firmware version consoles while you can, they are becoming scarcer by the minute. I had to order another one off eBay because I accidentally changed routers and forgot to block the update URL's again before taking the console back online.
Luckily I bought mine when I did, that being only a few weeks ago! :D

fwrudiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
https://gbatemp.net/threads/japanes...i-u-production-by-the-end-of-the-year.420010/
So, Nintendo will stop Wii U production by the end of the year, and Nintendo releases FW updates with really long delays.
(time between 5.3.2 and 5.4.0 about 6-7 months) We know Nintendo, they are slow in everything.
So... Why not releasing the 5.5.X kernel exploit, and make everyone happy?
No, not only piracy lovers, there are many developers that needs the exploit for their homebrew.

Just discussion no flame pls no h8
Nintendo have denied these reports.

Reactions: samschaap

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nintendo have denied these reports.
Offcourse they have, even if it was true, confirming it would release all different kinds of hell for them, maybe some devs would give in and release shat, maybe some people would go on the barricades because the console got so few games (which, in comparison, and despite having good goldies, is fact), the eshop was fairly shortlived aswell, and knowing nintendo the other online services may also die quite quickly. In short, many people would be mad mad...

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just glad there isn't full-scale piracy with functioning usb iso... wud-loaders yet. So they can't blame "rampant piracy" as they always do (and as we all know it's bogus but the mainstream media prints it anyway, so mr. jones -while getting a haircut- will say "yeah that nintendo game thingie, the damn internet pirates killed that! says so right in that newspaper there!)

Theres already enough piracy to the point they could blame it if they wanted to. The point of blaming something is to take blame off themselves,doesn't mean there is actually a valid reason.

To answer OP. I do not think the 5.5 exploit will be released since hykem either got raided or he made up a BS story since he knew he could not deliver.

Last edited by funnystory,

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They just said that report didn't come from them, the info itself wasn't denied, we know for sure that several retailers in Japan are not getting enough Wii U stock, must be some true in the Nikkei report.
No, they straight up denied it, they didn't just say "that's not from us". They said "This isn’t an announcement from our company. From the next quarter and thereafter as well, production is scheduled to continue."

Obviously the reports could still be true and Nintendo would not want investors to start jumping ship right now, but lets not take it as fact yet.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i believe nintendo have all but given up on the wiiu....a good hack released for 5.5.+. devices. i don't think nintendo wd even bother pursuing it...The bell tolls i'm afraid guys...Concerning zelda U....we may get a watered down version that kinda pushes the wiiu, but the big zelda u release will be held to help sell the new nx.....only my opinion....wd love to hear yours????

3DS has been hacked for like forever now and they haven't given up on it, and 3DS allows online and everything unlike Wii U.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, you know Blizzard? (Warcraft Starcraft Diablo)
well, there is a game, Warcraft 3, they released it in 2002-2003. They just released an update, like this month, resulting all bots to crash on login.

So who knows, they might stop releasing update, but they also might release an update 10 years later that will fix all exploit ;)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, you know Blizzard? (Warcraft Starcraft Diablo)
well, there is a game, Warcraft 3, they released it in 2002-2003. They just released an update, like this month, resulting all bots to crash on login.

So who knows, they might stop releasing update, but they also might release an update 10 years later that will fix all exploit ;)
Unlike Blizzard, Nintendo doesn't rely on games for a long run like those cash grabbing bastards.
Blizzard depends on their long terms titles releasing DLC as they fell short on moneyz like all of those MMO and MOBA shit.
Nintendo on the other hand just cares about their hardware integrity for updates and connectivity with other services. And unless the NX/Smatphones have news about connectivity with Wii U/3DS, I don't see a 2+ year update possible.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unlike Blizzard, Nintendo doesn't rely on games for a long run like those cash grabbing bastards.
Blizzard depends on their long terms titles releasing DLC as they fell short on moneyz.
Nintendo on the other hand just cares about their hardware integrity for updates and connectivity with other services. And unless the NX/Smatphones have news about connectivity with Wii U/3DS, I don't see a 2+ year update possible.
hum... please name me two DLC released by blizzard :)

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
expansion demand much more work than DLC.
I fist said name me a single DLC released by blizzard then I edited to two because they will release their first real DLC this month
it's called Nova Cover Mission
THAT is a DLC

D

Deleted User

No, Paper Mario Color Splash is the latest game they are developing for Wii U, and that's coming from Inteligent System, all other team must be working on NX already including Zelda team, Zelda U will be cross platform probably.
I did not mean game-wise. I meant the development of Wii U firmwares, not games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rI5IRxpcwDk?si=g8PPkbkjsSuwpjZW