Homebrew (Discussion) What we still haven't been able to achieve in 3DS hacking WIP

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,538
  • Replies 43
  • Likes 4

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not quite sure why you think it'll help a9lh, as it's already unwatchable, but I'm not sure why you think it'll make it faster. Furthermore, there will likely be no 'bootromhax'- remember it's locked even on version 1.0 even with a9lh so even if there is a vulnerability we couldn't exploit it with software, much less with hardware as we'd have to destroy the CPU to get to the bootrom.
6. Public release? Hell. Fucking. Yes. Also it was his own private SaltFW he was using I believe not SaltySD.
12. Probably, I'm working with SSD on a Smash ROM hack right now.
13. Or period please. SaltySD for all games would be awesome, plus doing it from userland. It is going to be an absolute fucking pain to recompile dt and then ROMfs when I'm done with my hack.

Reactions: Deleted User

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My biggest hope is for the ability to run DSi ROMs. Unless you have an old DSi and and iEvolution, you can't do this at all, flashcart or no flashcart.

Also, I'm, hoping that people at some point reverse engineer AGB_FIRM sufficiently that you can just load a ROM and run it through the hardware, with essentially complete control, rather than injecting into an existing cia.

Also: emulation of the couple of 3D Famicom and Master System games that exist, and better Virtua Boy emulation.

And more software that gets finished before it's discontinued. For instance, Blargsnes and Doom exist for the 3DS, but they're nowhere near in a really finished state.

Editing to change Miis to be owned by you when moving them from one machine to another, without having to hexedit them.

Reactions: Deleted User

Pomegranate

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Patching TWL_Firm for redirected DS SD card loading
2. A better integrated Cheat Menu system and more cheats the equivalent to GateWay's amount GateShark2NTR
3. (Unpatchable Arm9LoaderHax, .3ds to .cia convert with computer only, better decryption, NAND restore from others' systems) The bootroms
4. (This one might be possible if we were able to somehow fork RetroArch's PSP emulator and find more ram) N64 emulator CTR64
5. (Heard that the creator of BootCtr9, @RednaxelaNnamtra was working on this) An API that allows you to use the ARM11 processor easily from ARM9 payloads - if that lead HBL access, that would be cool too
6. (@shinyquagsire23 has already done this through his own CFW (or it could've been SaltSD) and posted this on Twitter and created a write-up. The GC controller input was a hid module mod; shinyquagsire modded it to read from a different location rather than the HID register.) GameCube controller input support without hardmod
7. (We are getting closer to accomplishing this - we now have Hungarian and Polish menu's, font changing, custom text anywhere, and sleep mode editing) Full customization of firmware/HomeMenu
8. Wifi driver written for Arm9LoaderHax
9. CIA xorpads server to convert .3DS files effortlessly from a computer (without relying on Nintendo's servers)
10. (Would SaltySD be the answer?) Easier ROM hacking
11. Full Mii specification and editor Mae2Mii and Mii Flash Editor
12. Full understanding and ability to edit the Activity Log
13. To not have to rebuild romfs whenever updating/testing mods LayeredFS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/music/2024/06/01/steve-miller-thanks-eminem-for-s...