ROM Hack Divinity Original sin 2 DE mods

Khalyus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, after some time i installed the game again and one of the patches after the 1.02 for the switch actualy broke .pak mod loading, even with saves buuut, now unpacked mods can run a Lot better, u Just nerd to make some merging for the New things It brings to the game. Oh, the text problem is still there and i found no way to get around that, but New skills and classes work Just fone to.

Im playing with cheat commander, rendal visuals, void Knight class and some model swaps i made.

kiko0311

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi @Khalyus, does that mean in the latest update of Divinity (1.0.8) you can have mods on at start of the game? Or you still need to do the PC->NS save process?

Also, do you have a tut or guide on how to unpack the mods into the switch?

Reactions: Khalyus

Khalyus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi @Khalyus, does that mean in the latest update of Divinity (1.0.8) you can have mods on at start of the game? Or you still need to do the PC->NS save process?

Also, do you have a tut or guide on how to unpack the mods into the switch?
Yeah u can have then at the start, but they Will have no text, they still work as intended. Ill try to make a tutorial, but until now i think was Just luck xD.

Khalyus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
are you using a specific file path on the switch; for the mods?
U need to do a specific file path, some renames and file merging.

1- you need to unpack the mod with the pak extractor i have uploaded bellow , that Will result in two New folders, Mods and Public.

1 .jpg

2- create a New folder inside those two, named Shared ( in the Pc its case sensitive, so, take notice of It.).

2.jpg

4.jpg

3- on the Mods folder, u Just copy and paste the contents inside the folder of the mod u want to use inside the Shared folder, without the meta. File.
(I never got the dialogs and text to work and i think its related to the story folder, but u cant rename the files there and i found no Guide ir way to Merge then, but the mods do work.)

3.jpg

4 - the public folder is where almost all mods files are and u have to move the public folder from ur mod there, but some things need to be done at this step.

4.1- u need to rename all the localization files, Just add "modname_", like "void_" like i did to the void Knight class.

5.jpg

4.2- inside the stat/generated files comes the merging, the files here cant be renamed, and Will be read in the place of the original game files, so u need the original ones to be unpacked and put here, and then merged with the mod ones ( its realy easy and fast, Just a copy and paste Will work Fine, but u need the complete files First.

6.jpg

4.3 - the other .txt files inside the Data folder can be renamed Just like the localization ones, and its here u can make adjustments t ir mods, like skill damage, book prices and when its avaliable in the game.

7.jpg

5- now u Just put both thr Mods, and Public folders inside romfs/Data, and they should work.

This is a little raw, but ill try to help anyone with questions.

Attachments

• PakConverter.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 261
Last edited by Khalyus,

Khalyus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Here are some Images of the mods running

This one u can see the weitghles mod/ void knight skills on my hotbar and my Custom model Anathema.

photo_2020-06-24_16-37-19.jpg

Cheat Commander running, but there is no text, like i said before.

photo_2020-06-24_16-37-24.jpg

But as u gus can see, it is woring as intended and generating gear on the inventor for trade, and the other ptions are working too, u ustr need to know their order.

photo_2020-06-24_16-37-28.jpg

Hofure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you very much for this tutorial. I tried it, and it definitely does *something*. I wanted to get chronomancer to work, and while it does show up in the character creator, all the icons are white and have no name :S
I am not even 100% sure they work properly.

Khalyus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you very much for this tutorial. I tried it, and it definitely does *something*. I wanted to get chronomancer to work, and while it does show up in the character creator, all the icons are white and have no name :S
I am not even 100% sure they work properly.
Ive never had that icon problem before, can u show a pictures of ur Shared folder? And, have tou tested the skills in game?
Oh, the link u provided should not work, its the de 2 classic version, for the switch u should use definitive edition ones. Just put original sin de Nexus on Google.

Last edited by Khalyus,

ashamefuldog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone manage to get a 6-person party mod working with this? The one I'm looking at seems like it requires some dialog tree stuff which sounds like it doesn't work with this method, if I'm reading it right. :\

Khalyus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried the tutorial with just cheat commander but I can't make it work
have you tried on a clean pc save? if u put mods on a alredy running game, they dont work well. Cheat commander is one of the mods i use.

Edit: double check folders speeling and file path.

Last edited by Khalyus,

DarkLegacy02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This one u can see the weitghles mod/ void knight skills on my hotbar and my Custom model Anathema.

View attachment 214858

View attachment 214859

But as u gus can see, it is woring as intended and generating gear on the inventor for trade, and the other ptions are working too, u ustr need to know their order.

View attachment 214860[/QUOTE]

Will this work for all class mods? What about ordinator classes that add new skills and so on?

Khalyus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

View attachment 214858

View attachment 214859

View attachment 214860

Will this work for all class mods? What about ordinator classes that add new skills and so on?[/QUOTE]

I only tested the void Knight mod, but all skills worke as intended but like a said there is no text on description pra name on the book, but the effects worked a entire playthrough of 100+ hours.

N3Wt

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
have you tried on a clean pc save? if u put mods on a alredy running game, they dont work well. Cheat commander is one of the mods i use.

Edit: double check folders speeling and file path.
It might be that yes. I managed to make the full loot mod work (I had the dialog box with the options upon charging a save) but the rest, even other simple mods didn't work. I might have made a mistake in the merging part. I didn't have the original ones

Khalyus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It might be that yes. I managed to make the full loot mod work (I had the dialog box with the options upon charging a save) but the rest, even other simple mods didn't work. I might have made a mistake in the merging part. I didn't have the original ones
The merging part is a pain, If you use mods with no New text its easy to make then work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it