Maxson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sup guys. My problem:
I have CFW on my 3DS, so I pirated MH3U and MH4U then downloaded DLCs for them through ingame option in main menu. Later i unistalled games and purchased them from eshop, I downloaded them and updated but I cant access DLC page in both games now (trying to connect and then fails). I tried to access DLC page in other Monster Hunter titles for 3DS (those are pirated) and it have same issue. Multiplayer works in MH4U.

I contacted Nintendo support, they told me my console is not marked and adviced me to contact Capcom, Capcom said that there is no such thing as "DLC ban"

I found only one similar case on this forum:
gbatemp.net/threads/dlc-issue-with-hacked-3ds.522602/
So i purchased Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies (also Capcom game) like this guy to test. And it appears that I can acces DLC menu in this game and even buy DLCs.

I tried different networks, tried reinstalling games. I think I messed up something with this first pirated installations. Any ideas ?

shadowfight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like the issue may be related to the fact that you initially downloaded the DLC for MH3U and MH4U through pirated versions of the games. When you later purchased the games from the eShop and downloaded them, something may have gone wrong with the DLC content.

One thing you could try is to delete the DLC content for MH3U and MH4U from your 3DS and redownload it from the eShop. Make sure to be connected to the internet and have enough space on your 3DS for the DLC before you download

Another solution could be try to install the games and DLCs on a different 3DS and see if the problem persist.

Maxson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It sounds like the issue may be related to the fact that you initially downloaded the DLC for MH3U and MH4U through pirated versions of the games. When you later purchased the games from the eShop and downloaded them, something may have gone wrong with the DLC content.

One thing you could try is to delete the DLC content for MH3U and MH4U from your 3DS and redownload it from the eShop. Make sure to be connected to the internet and have enough space on your 3DS for the DLC before you download

Another solution could be try to install the games and DLCs on a different 3DS and see if the problem persist.
I already tried deleting all MH-related data through Data management in 3DS settings, also tried to delete game files through FBI-Titles-MH4U-Delete title and tickets. It wont help. My only suggestion is that there is some tickets from pirated versions still left on my console and they wont allow me to access this DLC pages.
The strangest part is that i cant access DLC even in MH Stories and MH Generations. I mean okay, i broke something when downloaded DLCs for pirated MH3U and MH4U and then tried to do it with legit copies, but I never downloaded DLCs for MH Stories and MH Generations, how it can be broken there ?

Also I dont have other 3DS to test your second method.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure both the game & the dlc are from the same region. Also, install the game update (if there's any).

Maxson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Make sure both the game & the dlc are from the same region. Also, install the game update (if there's any).
My console is NA, so eShop is NA, so legit copies of games are also NA. DLC can only be downloaded through in-game menu, so menu in game cant forward me to wrong region DLC page.
Games are updated, also I tried without update.

Maxson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean, lets think logically, DLCs for Capcom games are being downloaded from Capcom servers right ?
It allows me to acces Ace Attorney DLC, but wont allow connect to MH DLC despite the fact I never played 2 games of 4. It really looks like im banned by someone: Nintendo or Capcom.
Nintendo is least likely because they clearly said that my console is not marked, and if that were them I would be banned from accessing DLCs in all games.
So the only clue is Capcom ban, however they say that "they have no ability to ban from accessing only DLC servers". Omg, their support is so slow on responding.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't you not mix legit DLC with p*rated DLC on the 3DS? I was under the impression it's one or the other. Either you use all legit DLC, or all p*rated DLC. Are you using p*rated DLC with anything else on your 3DS?

In FBI, you can delete unused tickets.
Personally, I'd uninstall the content, use tikSweep, then install the games through illegit means, as well as the DLC. Install everything. Good to go.

Maxson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally, I'd uninstall the content, use tikSweep, then install the games through illegit means, as well as the DLC. Install everything. Good to go.
Done it several times, removed tickets using tikSweep, FBI, deleted data through 3DS settings, reinstall games, still wont work.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done it several times, removed tickets using tikSweep, FBI, deleted data through 3DS settings, reinstall games, still wont work.
You kind of skipped the first part where I mention all of the dlc on your system has to be all legit it all illegit.

Maxson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You kind of skipped the first part where I mention all of the dlc on your system has to be all legit it all illegit.
The only pirated DLC I ever had were those from MH3U and 4U. They should have been removed when I unistalled games and cleared all data through Data Management. But I thought about it too, maybe they are still somewhere on SD card.

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DLC for the Monster Hunter games on the 3DS (3U, 4U, Gen and XX) works differently from other games, they are tied to your save files and are not installed separately from the game/update like in other games, you won't even find cia files for it.

Some info people gathered:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/monster-hunter-dlc.617015/

https://github.com/svanheulen/mhff/wiki/MHGen-system-Format

My suggestion would be delete your save file (you can make backup with checkpoint if you care about it) and try again with a clean save file, the game should generate a new save one when you boot it again.

If it still doesn't work, my guess it's some sort of connection problem with Capcom servers since you claim it tries to connects and fails (no ban or refuse error right?). What's the cause for such connection error would be a mystery, could be on Capcom side when authenticating your console for all we know.

Another solution would be downloading the DLC from another 3DS and transferring the save to your 3DS, it's worth a try.

Maxson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My suggestion would be delete your save file (you can make backup with checkpoint if you care about it) and try again with a clean save file, the game should generate a new save one when you boot it again.

I tried to delete all MH- related things through Data Management, and then cleaned tickets. After this i redownloaded game and it asked me if I want to create save file. I dont know, maybe some files are still left on SD card from pirated version or something, and can only be deleted via file manager. Also I cant access DLC in MH Stories which i never installed before, so save files are 100% clean for this particular game.

If it still doesn't work, my guess it's some sort of connection problem with Capcom servers since you claim it tries to connects and fails (no ban or refuse error right?). What's the cause for such connection error would be a mystery, could be on Capcom side when authenticating your console for all we know.
1) We dont know if ban or refuse error exist at all. Its possible that its normal to pop up connection error in case of ban. However, when I disable internet in the moment when it tries to connect DLC servers there will be "No network" error or something. I have found thst this errors Im getting ( 090-2416 for MH4U and 090-0016 for 3U) was happening to the people when DLC servers were shut down by Capcom for diagnostics or something.
2) About "Capcom side when authenticating your console". So as I stated before Im on contact with Capcom support from January (they are VERY slow on response). So they told me that there is no way to ban me from DLC only. Alao they said that DLC servers for MH games located in Japan and asked me to check if I can open capcom.co.jp from 3DS browser. That was interesting way to check things but 3DS browser is outdated and its impossible to open this page from any console/network. Also I can open it from my phone (which shares WiFi to 3DS) so its not network issue. Also I can access Ace Attorney DLC (which is also being opened through ingame menu), maybe this particular DLC servers are non japan or separated from MH servers. Like I can be banned only for MH games, not for all Capcom stuff. Anyways, Capcom support are contacting with devs on my case and Im waiting answer for month now. I doubt it will help because even if they knew how things work with game files, they wont tell me because they cant advice in hacking/modding/pirating things and how to fix them.

Another solution would be downloading the DLC from another 3DS and transferring the save to your 3DS, it's worth a try.
Dont have another console and even PC right now, but will try it someday.

Thanks to everyone for trying to help

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1) We dont know if ban or refuse error exist at all. Its possible that its normal to pop up connection error in case of ban. However, when I disable internet in the moment when it tries to connect DLC servers there will be "No network" error or something. I have found thst this errors Im getting ( 090-2416 for MH4U and 090-0016 for 3U) was happening to the people when DLC servers were shut down by Capcom for diagnostics or something.

There is a ban error but it's issued by Nintendo, not Capcom. I'm not even sure Capcom can ban you, i believe only Nintendo can do that and they do system wide so you will get a "this console is restricted by Nintendo" when entering the DLC menu. Same error that appears when trying to play online in other games with a banned 3DS.

Dont have another console and even PC right now, but will try it someday.

Thanks to everyone for trying to help

Good luck. I gave that idea because i did the same with Generation Ultimate on the Switch (i don't go online at all on my emunand) and it worked. The DLC for the Switch version is very similar to the 3DS games, tied to the save file. So i just got a save from someone else with the DLC already downloaded on their save.

What region is your console and game? NA? I can't personally help you at the moment but it might be worth sharing your region so someone else can share their save with you.

Maxson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What region is your console and game? NA? I can't personally help you at the moment but it might be worth sharing your region so someone else can share their save with you.
Its NA. What problem exactly you had on Switch?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried to delete all MH- related things through Data Management
Did you look for Extra Data?

That was interesting way to check things but 3DS browser is outdated and its impossible to open this page from any console/network.
That seemed odd to me, but I tried it myself and www.capcom.co.jp is indeed inaccessible with my New 3DS browser. Interesting.

Maxson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you look for Extra Data?

Yes, i checked all 4 tabs for anything MH-related

That seemed odd to me, but I tried it myself and www.capcom.co.jp is indeed inaccessible with my New 3DS browser. Interesting.
I wish they provided similar but working way to test this thing. Anyway, other Japan pages (not Capcom) work for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 2MBs is all you need it's fine lol