Hacking Do DSi-exclusive games run on the R4i Gold with NTR Launcher or TWLoader?

FateForWindows

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the R4i Gold about 10 days ago from the sponsor and USPS says it's out for delivery. From what I've read, some NTR-mode carts will support TWL mode when something that runs in TWL mode loads the cart. If this is true, will the cart be able to run DSi exclusive games like System Flaw?

Last edited by FateForWindows,

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought the R4i Gold about 10 days ago from the sponsor. From what I've read, some NTR-mode carts will support TWL mode when something that runs in TWL mode loads the cart. If this is true, will the cart be able to run DSi exclusive games like System Flaw?
R4 and most other flashcarts only work in "DS" mode. Essentially, it detects it as a DS flashcart and runs it as a DS would, or else it would break a lot of older DS games if it tried to run them in DSi mode.

Trophies
XP
Country
France
R4 and most other flashcarts only work in "DS" mode. Essentially, it detects it as a DS flashcart and runs it as a DS would, or else it would break a lot of older DS games if it tried to run them in DSi mode.
Errr, DS games run fine with TWL clock speed. I don't know if it's related tho.

FateForWindows

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, but if you use TWLoader or NTR Launcher, they appear to run like a DSi game rather than like a DS game (uses the TWL clock speeds).

:ninja:'d

Reactions: StarTrekVoyager

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah DSi enhanced games will run on most flascharts but they won't have any of the DSi features. Forcing TWL mode with NTR Launcher breaks most flashcarts (DS-Xtreme is the only card I have that still manages to boot anything while in TWL mode) To to mention if you do get far enough to boot a game in TWL mode, the audio will be broken. Plus DSi Enhanced games may detect that it's in TWL mode and will attempt to hook into the non existant DSi Extended binaries that none of the flashcarts will bother loading in. (plus using DSi ram space cause all NTR games to not boot. DSi Enhanced games will boot but only if the extended header was parsed correctly)

The best you can do is run NTR games with TWL clock speed which may help speed up a few games that had frame rate issues.

The Cyclo DS iEvolution is indeed the only flashcart that has "proper" support for DSi Enhanced games. It runs off a exploited Cooking Coach rom if you're wondering how they got access to TWL mode.

Reactions: FateForWindows

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The update actually made zoom better