Hacking Do extracted Wii U game files contain a hash for verification?

themanuel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I was wondering if there was a way to verify integrity of Wii U game files after they have been extracted and decrypted. I think the only way for this to be possible would be if somebody developed a database of hash results for files in this format, of if the extracted files retain some sort of internal hash number stored somewhere for verification.

Is there a tool that does this, or is it even possible?

Thanks.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Games can contain thousands of files.
Would be a bit impractical to make a database with every file in it.

But the only way to make sure you've extracted them all is to compare the sizes and filecount to that inside the disc.

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Best way is to compare overall size and file count.

I was the author of PPC+ for PS3 update MD5 hash comparison, and I thought about making a Wii u version but its just not feasible to bother with unless its single file wud/wux etc.

However: if people have a better idea and think it would be somehow useful, I can easily mod PPC+ with a Wii U MD5 database (as long as people can send me verified working hashes.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Best way is to compare overall size and file count.

I was the author of PPC+ for PS3 update MD5 hash comparison, and I thought about making a Wii u version but its just not feasible to bother with unless its single file wud/wux etc.

However: if people have a better idea and think it would be somehow useful, I can easily mod PPC+ with a Wii U MD5 database (as long as people can send me verified working hashes.
I've always thought it would be a good idea for games downloaded from Nintendo's download servers (files .app and .h3). Back when Zelda BOTW came out, lots of people were having problems installing it because of one corrupted file, probably caused by the PC app they used for downloading. My files were good and the game was installing ok. I had used FunkiiU for downloading. I produced an SFV file, and that helped users to troubleshoot what they downloaded. We would need a thread to start collecting verified good files hashes. If everyone contributed what they can, the database would be up in no time.

themanuel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds like a good idea. What would be a good free hash checking program to use, that can handle file batches or whole directories?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, game files, updates and DLC would have to be accounted for separately, I suppose.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've always thought it would be a good idea for games downloaded from Nintendo's download servers (files .app and .h3). Back when Zelda BOTW came out, lots of people were having problems installing it because of one corrupted file, probably caused by the PC app they used for downloading. My files were good and the game was installing ok. I had used FunkiiU for downloading. I produced an SFV file, and that helped users to troubleshoot what they downloaded. We would need a thread to start collecting verified good files hashes. If everyone contributed what they can, the database would be up in no time.
Games in NUS format can be verified by extracting them though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Tbh isn't that already couch casting