Homebrew issues with wup installer + aroma (possibly having to do with region of the game)?

xingkong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello all, i have usually lurked on these forums over the past years for all my homebrew questions/issues and eventually found an answer, but i am so unbelievably stuck i've made an account and hopefully can get some advice.

the other day i installed aroma on my wii u. no issues with that.
one of the things i wanted to do was inject a wii game and be able to replay it on my wii u. i used UWUVCI, packed the game as a WUP installable.
i go into WUP installer which i downloaded from the hb app store, try to install to the Nand (written with no special characters). it gives me the error "Verify WUP files are correct & complete. DLC/E-Shop require Sig Patch".

i googled around, was told to download 01sigpatches.rpx into: wii u > environments > aroma > modules > setup > 01sigpatches.rpx.
this didn't help.

i saw another thread where someone linked sigplugin.wps and everyone said that fixed it. i put it into wii u > environments > aroma > plugins > sigplugin.wps.
this also didn't help.

the game i want to play is another code r, which only has a EU/JP version (in this case i'm playing the EU version). i have an NA wii u. i noticed while looking up solutions, people say that the game being in another region can prevent the game from being installed via WUP.
however i have seen no solution to this mentioned, as i haven't found a thread with anyone saying the region being different was why their install wasn't working.
so i thought, "maybe i should change the region of my wii u" and found spiik, which enables you to change regions.

i download spiik from the hb app store, it does not show up on the wii u menu. a lot of things i have tried downloading from the app don't show up on the wii u menu (labeled as installed, but do not show up), i assume this is because they arent compatible with aroma or something with the app store.
i go to the original gbatemp thread for spiik and get the .elf file. now i am not sure where to put this... i put it in wii u > spiik.elf , but it doesn't show in the wii u menu either.

so my questions are:
1) would installing spiik and changing my region actually help me in this scenario (assuming i can actually install it)?
2) what the hell should i do here lol?
3) i am noticing a lot of documentation and past threads with answered questions focus on tiramisu. should i just install tiramisu, so as to make things easier for myself when trying to get questions answered? i know aroma is the most recent thing but i don't need the most recent thing, i just need whatever works.

thank you for reading and hopefully someone can help me...

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aroma is already region free for Wii U games and you have the sigpatches already. Inject games form different region shouldn't cause any issue. What you did with spiik and the rest is a road to nowhere. I mean elf file won't work on Aroma anyway as said on the wiiu.hacks.guide

Which game are you tring to inject/play?

xingkong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aroma is already region free for Wii U games and you have the sigpatches already. Inject games form different region shouldn't cause any issue. What you did with spiik and the rest is a road to nowhere. I mean elf file won't work on Aroma anyway as said on the wiiu.hacks.guide

Which game are you tring to inject/play?
Trying to play Another Code R, using UWUVCI and the game compatible with it as listed on their database (XBC USA)

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That game must be "1:1 clean dump (CleanRip), DON'T SCRUB AND/OR TRIM not even with WIT" with "Xenoblade Chronicles (USA)" as host. So make sure you do that. The EU version will work on the US console after the inject. Or find an iso of it and play through USB loader. It'll look the same anyway.

I'm sure I saw it on complete Wii inject rom set on Archive, or maybe that was just a Wii iso set. I don't really play wii games on the Wii U so I don't have the iso set on my end.

xingkong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That game must be "1:1 clean dump (CleanRip), DON'T SCRUB AND/OR TRIM not even with WIT" with "Xenoblade Chronicles (USA)" as host. So make sure you do that. The EU version will work on the US console after the inject. Or find an iso of it and play through USB loader. It'll look the same anyway.

I'm sure I saw it on complete Wii inject rom set on Archive, or maybe that was just a Wii iso set. I don't really play wii games on the Wii U so I don't have the iso set on my end.
I did do that so I’m not sure how it did not work.
Could you explain playing the iso via USB loader? Maybe I can I try that

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You'll have to mod the vWii side first: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/vwii/sd-preparation
Then look up USB loader GX, I don't have a link handy though. I'm not up to date on the vWii side so you'll have to do some digging. It's all on here anyway.

Personally, Wii games look like ass on the 4k TV playing from Wii U. So, I normally just use Dolphin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto