Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
hello

recently had conversation with the tunip man and after discussion he got mad and kicked me from discussion, now i cant view discussion history.
i feel like this is important part of pm and comunication on a forum, people should have posibile to reflect on recent hapenigs and process and disegst what hapened if things turn suor as did for me and mr tunip.

does anyone else agreed please??

if xenfor forum softwares has option to not entire DELETE conversation history for kick, please enable admins. thank.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
hello

recently had conversation with the tunip man and after discussion he got mad and kicked me from discussion, now i cant view discussion history.
i feel like this is important part of pm and comunication on a forum, people should have posibile to reflect on recent hapenigs and process and disegst what hapened if things turn suor as did for me and mr tunip.

does anyone else agreed please??

if xenfor forum softwares has option to not entire DELETE conversation history for kick, please enable admins. thank.
This will not be fixed, plus, you can always screenshot DMs. Most people kick people out so they can leave themself

Xathya

residence aparents trols of temps
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
why you say wil not be fixed? you work with temp?
why would anyone go and screnshot every sinmgle mesage as it happens? if isues that mite hapen late. thats like saying dont have a record in court cause someoe wil record each sentence spoken individual

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree.
I think the PM should be left in the inbox even if you're kicked out so you can go back and view it.
Feels unfair that the one who kicks you should decide that you can no longer see the conversation that has taken part between the two (or more) of you.
it would be good if you also have an option to kick and not show the disscusion history so if it is something private or there are other mebersof the pm still discussing the cant see it

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
it would be good if you also have an option to kick and not show the disscusion history so if it is something private or there are other mebersof the pm still discussing the cant see it
Obviously they shouldn't be able to read the continued discussion from which they were kicked out of, but up until the point which they were involved.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If you're kicked, then you are not a part of the PMs, and therefore don't have the right to keep the convo. It's fine the way it is.
That's kind of a problem..

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're kicked, then you are not a part of the PMs, and therefore don't have the right to keep the convo. It's fine the way it is.
Yeah let's just start deleting every thread instead of locking them as well.
Just because something has passed, that doesn't mean it's irrelevant or should be destroyed.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I may be new here but I agree with the pms staying in your inbox, just not getting any new replies from them. If things go bad between the two people it can be really useful to be able to view the pms at later dates. For example, here's a story that happened about a year ago, last time I was on a gaming forum, I started making a video game with 2 other members, they decided to kick me out of the project, so they kicked me off the pm, then reported me getting me banned and I couldn't prove my innocence because it was with xenforo again and I couldn't go on the pm to show the admins evidence... This could happen here too at some point, so it's nice idea to change it rather than wait until something goes wrong to decide to fix it!

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Obviously they shouldn't be able to read the continued discussion from which they were kicked out of, but up until the point which they were involved.
I know but maybe you share something and but later you decide you don't want to show it anymore you should be able to remove it

D

Deleted User

It's supposed to work like that.
For example, if someone kicks you off the bar, you will be unable to reenter it. It works the same way here, you get kicked so you will be unable to come back and read.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
For example, if someone kicks you off the bar, you will be unable to reenter it. It works the same way here, you get kicked so you will be unable to come back and read.
Afaik Xenforo is the only forum that works this way.
A PM or a conversation, regardless of how its setup, sends and receives messages, and it's fair to assume there will be a record of your sent (and received) messages.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Right, so for the sake of preservation screenshot EVERY SINGLE PM in case you need it.

Reactions: Shadowfied
D

Deleted User

Afaik Xenforo is the only forum that works this way.
A PM or a conversation, regardless of how its setup, sends and receives messages, and it's fair to assume there will be a record of your sent (and received) messages.
Why you want to keep part of x conversation? It's not that important anyways unless you're one of these kids which mass pm admin when someone hurt their feelings over pm.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I could PM you and kick you out.
Just for the fun of it.

As suggested before, if it's important/against TOS, screen shot it and inform the staff about it.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Why you want to keep part of x conversation? It's not that important anyways unless you're one of these kids which mass pm admin when someone hurt their feelings over pm.
I'm not arguing for anything specific that has happened. I avoid drama and bullshit. That doesn't change the fact that I'd like what I've said to be on record somewhere, if not more than for my own reference and recollection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only place would be instagram.