ROM Hack Question Do we have a way of extracting saves from our NANDs yet?

TerraPhantm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a nand dump and all my keys - can browse it with HacDiskMount. Wanted to extract my BOTW save, but have no idea how it's stored. Not looking to load the save back onto the switch or anything - just wanted to use the Switch <-> WiiU converter to play my save in Cemu

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
Have a nand dump and all my keys - can browse it with HacDiskMount. Wanted to extract my BOTW save, but have no idea how it's stored. Not looking to load the save back onto the switch or anything - just wanted to use the Switch <-> WiiU converter to play my save in Cemu
There are save extracting scripts, and a guy is working on a homebrew app to dump saves. Other than that, I haven't been paying too much attention.

TerraPhantm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looked like the save extracting script was meant for use with PegaSwitch. Though maybe I can adapt that if PegaSwitch exposed the saves in a similar format to what the real nand has.

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
Looked like the save extracting script was meant for use with PegaSwitch. Though maybe I can adapt that if PegaSwitch exposed the saves in a similar format to what the real nand has.
Yeah, or, if you have HBL access, wait for the bugs in Svitch to be ironed out.

D

Deletedmember331810

I have a BotW save with over 700 hours on it. I would like to extract and back up my save as well.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a BotW save with over 700 hours on it. I would like to extract and back up my save as well.
For now if you want to back it up use Hekate to do the nand dump. You won't need the save backup unless something happens and by then there will be an easy way to pull what you need out of it

NoahRyaneE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please for the millionth time put your questions in the sticky thread. theres way too much clutter [mods plz close this thread]

but to answer your question. Yes, if you have 3.0.0 you can extract and inject saves. People (including myself) have used it to edit save files on BOTW and add amiibo etc.
You can find all THAT information on the thread below. Please just do a google search at least before posting

https://gbatemp.net/threads/botw-save-converter-switch-wii-u.499483/

TerraPhantm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please for the millionth time put your questions in the sticky thread. theres way too much clutter [mods plz close this thread]

but to answer your question. Yes, if you have 3.0.0 you can extract and inject saves. People (including myself) have used it to edit save files on BOTW and add amiibo etc.
You can find all THAT information on the thread below. Please just do a google search at least before posting

https://gbatemp.net/threads/botw-save-converter-switch-wii-u.499483/
Grow up, I've helped out people plenty, I can ask a question if I want. And I never said I was on 3.0. I just have a NAND dump and decryption keys and was hoping I could extract the save directly from that

Reactions: Deletedmember331810

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Side note: contrary to what Switchbrew would have you believe, savegames are actually just plaintext, there is no encryption applied to them whatsoever.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The actual save data contents start at offset 0x48000, and again at 0xC0000.
All Switch save games seem to have two save copies, possibly in case of corruption? Not really sure.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Side note: contrary to what Switchbrew would have you believe, savegames are actually just plaintext, there is no encryption applied to them whatsoever.

All Switch save games seem to have two save copies, possibly in case of corruption? Not really sure.
You're doing some good work in both realms. Keep it up!

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're doing some good work in both realms. Keep it up!
Hmm, so Odyssey has 0x8000 null bytes before the actual save data begins.

Odyssey's save data is stored in byml format, the true filenames are "Common.bin", "File1.bin", "File2.bin", "File3.bin", "File4.bin" and "File5.bin".
I only have File1 and File2, because I only used two save slots ingame.

TerraPhantm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For BOTW it seems to be structured similarly to the Wii U saves. Folders are named "0", "1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "tracker", "album", "pict_book", then in the numbered folders there's "caption.jpg", "caption.sav", "game_data.sav"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1