• Total voters

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I do believe that most UFOs are just prototype vehicles/ballistic weapons from US/Russian/Chinese government.

Do alien exist? The thought entices me, and while it's a fact that the universe is SO damned big to house various sentient entities around the world, I'm not sure that they've contacted us, or spied us in any way yet.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
with a 22 year old, and I wasn't trying to make you mad if I did my bad, and it wasn't my attention to, I was just saying how I feel about a certain situation since there are millions and billions of planets around the universe (Sigh) Nvm It's not even worth talking to someone that don't get it, I'm about to play Thug1.
So you feel that since there are billions of planets in the cosmos the Egyptians must have had help building the pyramids? Your post is the most confusing mess I've seen in a while...

Reactions: 1 person
S

SixSenseEagle

with a 22 year old, and I wasn't trying to make you mad if I did my bad, and it wasn't my attention to, I was just saying how I feel about a certain situation since there are millions and billions of planets around the universe (Sigh) Nvm It's not even worth talking to someone that don't get it, I'm about to play Thug1.
So you feel that since there are billions of planets in the cosmos the Egyptians must have had help building the pyramids? Your post is the most confusing mess I've seen in a while...
I meant millions or billions we don't know for sure yet and all I said was all these planets that we haven't discovered and the egyptians might had got contact with certain planets with aliens, and my fault if you don't under stand, and confused from what I was saying, If we we're talking in person it would be way much easier cuz it's kinda hard for me to post stuff on here :( .

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I meant millions or billions we don't know for sure yet and all I said was all these planets that we haven't discovered and the egyptians might had got contact with certain planets with aliens, and my fault if you don't under stand, and confused from what I was saying, If we we're talking in person it would be way much easier cuz it's kinda hard for me to post stuff on here :( .

You were right the first time with billions, i understood what you was trying to say, but i don't agree with your view concerning the Egyptians.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Where is your evidence for the egyptians contacting any aliens? HOW would they have contacted them? Surely there would have been legends passed down of the beings coming from within flying buildings?

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course I believe in UFOs. There was one in a conference once. But once it was identified, we realized it was a flying penis :creep:

It would be silly to think there isn't intelligent life outside of Earth. And a waste of space if there weren't, really.

Now, if Gahars had made this thread, I don't think it would have been shitty like it is. People would actually have a nice, intelligent thread and not... this.

I know this because Gahars is really Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Reactions: 6 people
S

SixSenseEagle

Where is your evidence for the egyptians contacting any aliens? HOW would they have contacted them? Surely there would have been legends passed down of the beings coming from within flying buildings?
This is all I know this was the video I seen long ago on tv, and they said at the very end of the show they use some-thing to contact the aliens on tv , but I can't find what they said at the end on the tv or youtube this is all I know I didn't want to start nothing this was just my own opinion I didn't mean for anyone to take personally I just wanted to state what I heard long ago.

wafflebeard

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
There are legends exactly like that, only they're known as mythology about gods and deities. To quote Clarke, any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
ANcient Aliens.... -_-
These guys don't give our ancestors a lot of credit. I can fully accept Mayans figuring this stuff out on their own. The Baghdad Battery? They probably didn't have a clue how it worked all they new was that it plated metal.
How was this knowledge lost? Cultures grow and die, and with them so does their knowledge. The ancient world wasn't as connected as ours. A known fact in South America (e.g. that the earth revolves around the sun) will never reach Europe or even North America.

Reactions: 2 people

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
ANcient Aliens.... -_-
These guys don't give our ancestors a lot of credit. I can fully accept Mayans figuring this stuff out on their own. The Baghdad Battery? They probably didn't have a clue how it worked all they new was that it plated metal.
How was this knowledge lost? Cultures grow and die, and with them so does their knowledge. The ancient world wasn't as connected as ours. A known fact in South America (e.g. that the earth revolves around the sun) will never reach Europe or even North America.
And then there are situations like where Europeans conquering the new world and burned every native american book they could find because they contained "pagan" or "heathen" teachings. Knowledge gets eliminated pretty easily.

Seriously, though, if they were that involved in society anciently, they would still be around. If they wanted to invade us, we'd all be dead already.

wafflebeard

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I really really want there to be aliens out there in the wide universe. It would be super depressing if the only intelligence in the universe was what passes for intelligence here on Earth. The universe is too huge and awesome for us to be alone. Plus I want there to be hot alien babes out there (and yes I know, it is hugely unlikely that they would be "compatible", but let me dream ;) ).

Is anyone here familiar with the Fermi paradox? Basically it states that the universe is so big and old and weird that statistically there should be intelligent life out there somewhere, but if there were we should have observed signs that we are not alone or made contact with them by now. We should be able to see structures or ships or some indicators that someone else is out there, but clearly we haven't. Kind of a bummer theory, really.

Reactions: 3 people

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe in many things, aliens, ghosts, extra-dimensional beings, time travel you name it. Now why aliens or extra-dimensional beings would be visiting us is a whole different level of thought....

Might just be to get a good laugh.

Bean_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
as I said before, UFOs can be anything, even ...

flying_moustaches-s490x370-196095.jpg

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might just be to get a good laugh.
That's it !!!!
They're tourists
and we're living in some sort of galactic national park that can't be interacted with ... yeah.

Well we do the same types of things with animals. Logically it would fit that we would probably be put into the same category by a culture who could be billions of years old and have tech that we haven't even dreamed of yet.

Maybe earth is "reserved" for observation because its inhabitants have some potential to one day become sentient, maybe....

Either that or they just want to keep an eye on us in case we get unruly.

wafflebeard

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Also, skeptics of the ancient aliens theory should seriously watch that video SixSenseEagle embedded. I'm not sure that I fully subscribe to the idea that aliens built the pyramids but there is a whole lot of weirdness surrounding the Egyptian pyramids. For instance, supposedly they were constructed in 10-20 years. Even with the slave labor provided by the Hebrews that seems like an incredibly short amount of time for such a massive undertaking. Even with our modern science and construction equipment that would be quite the time crunch.

And have you ever seen what the interior of the pyramid looks like? Here:
crosspyr.jpg

Doesn't that seem odd? Why would they build it like that? It's an inefficient use of space not to mention much harder to build. Some of those hallways are so short that you have to stoop over or even crawl to get through them, then they open up into these big(ish) chambers. I feel reasonably confident saying that there are no other structures in the world laid out like this. It doesn't look like it was designed by humans, we wouldn't put it together like this. Seriously, watch that video. Yeah I know, Ancient Aliens isn't exactly the most scholarly source but they raise a lot of good points, even if they immediately jump to the conclusion that it must have been aliens.

My favorite out-there theory is the one put forth by engineer Christopher Dunn, that the Giza pyramid was in fact a huge power plant running on a massive chemical reaction. He wrote a whole book about it, I've been wanting to read it.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Either that or they just want to keep an eye on us in case we get unruly.
For anyone who's played Homeworld, (or seen Titan AE) maybe if we invent some spiffy spaceship technology and get out of our "cage" they'll just swoop in and eradicate the whole Earth's population with one fell blast.

We would know about this but it was the Mayans and the Aztecs who actually signed the "no-technology" treaty and some priest that came along with Cortez went and burned all the copies of that. :P

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, skeptics of the ancient aliens theory should seriously watch that video SixSenseEagle embedded. I'm not sure that I fully subscribe to the idea that aliens built the pyramids but there is a whole lot of weirdness surrounding the Egyptian pyramids. For instance, supposedly they were constructed in 10-20 years. Even with the slave labor provided by the Hebrews that seems like an incredibly short amount of time for such a massive undertaking. Even with our modern science and construction equipment that would be quite the time crunch.

And have you ever seen what the interior of the pyramid looks like? Here:
crosspyr.jpg

Doesn't that seem odd? Why would they build it like that? It's an inefficient use of space not to mention much harder to build. Some of those hallways are so short that you have to stoop over or even crawl to get through them, then they open up into these big(ish) chambers. I feel reasonably confident saying that there are no other structures in the world laid out like this. It doesn't look like it was designed by humans, we wouldn't put it together like this. Seriously, watch that video. Yeah I know, Ancient Aliens isn't exactly the most scholarly source but they raise a lot of good points, even if they immediately jump to the conclusion that it must have been aliens.

My favorite out-there theory is the one put forth by engineer Christopher Dunn, that the Giza pyramid was in fact a huge power plant running on a massive chemical reaction. He wrote a whole book about it, I've been wanting to read it.

When it comes to the Pyramids I subscribe to the theory that they are built very weird, and in accordance to the book of the dead (I have some pictures of it when it was on display at a museum near me why they call it a book.... it's actually a giant scroll like 16 feet long or something.) the entire structure is designed to aid the "God King" ascend into heaven or the after life what ever you want to call it. That is why it's laid out so weird, alignment to the stars and all that. The time to build thing? Easy enough to explain, we waste vast amounts of time on modern construction doing things like safety and weekend.... Remove weekends alone and something that would take 12 years suddenly drops to under 10.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch