Do you believe in ghosts?

Crimson Ghoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL no that's just silly. Consciousness does not survive the bodily death
This, for the most part.
Though any apparent paranormal occurrence is either a fabrication or demonic influence, not dead humans.
There is no such thing as anything Supernatural. Things are always hallucinations from people either because of mental illness, drugs, paranoia, or something else coming from within. As far a demons, angels, gods, etc; no evidence supporting it gives me no reason to even consider believing it

You stated that as if it were a fact...
Is it only supernatural because scientists have not found and explained it yet? Seriously, if we grew up and all dads became elves, and moms became fairies we would be so used to it that it would not be considered supernatural. Plus faires and elves would probably not be in games anymore, they would be as boring as humans in all RPGs.
ok... but the odds of that eeeeeever happening are beyond astronomical. It has never happened before, so there is no evidence for you to even make an outrageous claim like that

if there is a god we were created for his amusements
"I'm bored guise! Let's make some humans, lol" -God
This is my favorite... saw it on memebase
"Scumbag God
Could've created pokemon in real life, nah fuck it! Malaria"

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This, for the most part.
Though any apparent paranormal occurrence is either a fabrication or demonic influence, not dead humans.
There is no such thing as anything Supernatural. Things are always hallucinations from people either because of mental illness, drugs, paranoia, or something else coming from within. As far a demons, angels, gods, etc; no evidence supporting it gives me no reason to even consider believing it

Is it only supernatural because scientists have not found and explained it yet? Seriously, if we grew up and all dads became elves, and moms became fairies we would be so used to it that it would not be considered supernatural. Plus faires and elves would probably not be in games anymore, they would be as boring as humans in all RPGs.
ok... but the odds of that eeeeeever happening are beyond astronomical. It has never happened before, so there is no evidence for you to even make an outrageous claim like that

if there is a god we were created for his amusements
"I'm bored guise! Let's make some humans, lol" -God
This is my favorite... saw it on memebase
"Scumbag God
Could've created pokemon in real life, nah fuck it! Malaria"

I agree with you on two things, what I said was quite the stretch, and we need real life Pokemon. I don't care if you guys believe in god or not, just pray in case he is real and does here so that we can get some Pokemon.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This, for the most part.

Let's not confuse paranormal and supernatural. They are quite different.

Reactions: 1 person

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
serously? how old are you?
12. Got a problem with that?
Not everything is. We do not know enough to say with %100 certainty that there is no such thing.

Also, there are 2 types of ghosts. Ones that are actual consciencousness and ones that are like an imprint.
Allow me to rephrase that.
"You don't know everything, although we don't know enough to prove this we don't know enough to disprove it. Also, I know a lot about this and there are two types of this thing for sure."

Yeah, what you just did there is kinda bullshit. Just sayin'.

And no, I don't believe in ghosts, or any kind of afterlife really. Half because the entire idea sounds like bullshit, half because I really don't want to be stuck with these people forever. Spend my afterlife with the assholes I spend so much time avoiding? Hell no, I'll take getting my brain shut off, thanks.

TheDreamLord

OP
Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Not everything is. We do not know enough to say with %100 certainty that there is no such thing.

Also, there are 2 types of ghosts. Ones that are actual consciencousness and ones that are like an imprint.
"You don't know everything, although we don't know enough to prove this we don't know enough to disprove it. Also, I know a lot about this and there are two types of this thing for sure."

Not true. I'm saying the generally accepted point made, that there are 2 types.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Ghost stories have always fascinated, as has most mythology. I don't think they actually exist though as I don't believe in the soul (apart from as a metaphor) or an afterlife.

Reactions: 3 people

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"Generally accepted" would probably be that ghosts don't exist, unless you learn everything you know from TV shows about ghost hunters.

TheDreamLord

OP
Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country

"Generally accepted" would probably be that ghosts don't exist, unless you learn everything you know from TV shows about ghost hunters.
I mean the generally accepted types of ghosts if they were real. If you only came in this thread to troll, please leave :)

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Jesus wouldn't insult me with sarcasm.

How do you know? Maybe the biblical account of what Jesus was like was false. maybe everything Jesus says in the Bible was sarcastic, and we don't know because they didn't have smilies or a sarcasm font when they wrote it?

And ghosts are invisible but have been reported hundreds of times, not a teapot. And dinosaur bones were discovered years ago, I doubt any point in my life I could doubt that dinosaurs existed. But I will give you a thumbs up for taking my non serious post seriously. Lol I still love you Blue!

Yes, dinosaur bones were reported years ago, but there was a time when they had never been reported.

Many things have been reported hundreds of times and appear to have no basis in fact, from sea monsters to faith healing. There is no more evidence of ghosts than there is evidence of the invisible teapots. And to pre-empt your reply, the plurl of anecdote is not data.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus wouldn't insult me with sarcasm.

[Troll]How do you know? Maybe the biblical account of what Jesus was like was false. maybe everything Jesus says in the Bible was sarcastic, and we don't know because they didn't have smilies or a sarcasm font when they wrote it?[/Troll]

And ghosts are invisible but have been reported hundreds of times, not a teapot. And dinosaur bones were discovered years ago, I doubt any point in my life I could doubt that dinosaurs existed. But I will give you a thumbs up for taking my non serious post seriously. Lol I still love you Blue!

Yes, dinosaur bones were reported years ago, but there was a time when they had never been reported.

Many things have been reported hundreds of times and appear to have no basis in fact, from sea monsters to faith healing. There is no more evidence of ghosts than there is evidence of the invisible teapots. And to pre-empt your reply, the plurl of anecdote is not data.

Err, have fun believing in giant invisible tea pots, go back to eating your giant mushroom on your secluded island.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Only the second part of the post you put in xml troll tags can actually be considered trolling, I don't think "Maybe the bible, a book written by people who really liked Jesus, might have artificially inflated what a cool guy Jesus was" is trolling.

And of course I don't think there is a giant invisible teapot floating around the earth, I just think it's equally as likely, and equally as supported by evidence as ghosts.

This video is only partially related to belief in ghosts, but it's worth a watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69TOuqaqXI

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only the second part of the post you put in xml troll tags can actually be considered trolling, I don't think "Maybe the bible, a book written by people who really liked Jesus, might have artificially inflated what a cool guy Jesus was" is trolling.

And of course I don't think there is a giant invisible teapot floating around the earth, I just think it's equally as likely, and equally as supported by evidence as ghosts.

This video is only partially related to belief in ghosts, but it's worth a watch
-Video-

Sorry, I don't make fun of peoples religious beliefes, so I consider it trolling. And as for the video, I am not gonna watch it. If I want to prove something and look up a video for it, it will work in my favor, and any video you want to throw at me will work in your favor. There is a website/video for everyone. I am sure I could find a video on Youtube telling me zombies are real. What ever though, in the end you have your beliefs, I have mine.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not mocking someone;s religious beliefs to simply not believe in them yourself. I'm quite disappointed that you'd rather stick your fingers in your ears than watch that video, but I suppose that's up to you. It's not anything offensive or patronising and I think it really might help you understand where you're coming from and dispel some misconceptions I think you might have about my position on issues like this.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not mocking someone;s religious beliefs to simply not believe in them yourself. I'm quite disappointed that you'd rather stick your fingers in your ears than watch that video, but I suppose that's up to you. It's not anything offensive or patronising and I think it really might make you think.

I understand that you're not being mean or anything, just I don't really believe in watching a Youtube video to sway me away from my beliefs. Especially since I believe I have seen a ghost before, I would not believe the video. Of course at one point of my life I made fun of my dads friend like crazy for believing in ghosts until he showed me some stuff, now I can't help but believe. So please understand I have my reasons for not watching, it's not me being an ignorant child holding my ears and shouting.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, I edited my response but you quoted it first. The video isn't about saying ghosts don't exist in any way, I just thought it would be a good way of explaining my thinking in situations like this, and might dispel some misconceptions I think you might have about my position.

Reactions: 1 person

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I edited my response but you quoted it first. The video isn't about saying ghosts don't exist in any way, I just thought it would be a good way of explaining my thinking in situations like this, and might dispel some misconceptions I think you might have about my position.

Oh, okay. I understand. Anyways, thanks for taking some interest into my thoughts, and taking some time to find a video for me. I will watch it later then, as for now, I gotta go to work. Siya!

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country

Oh, okay. I understand. Anyways, thanks for taking some interest into my thoughts, and taking some time to find a video for me. I will watch it later then, as for now, I gotta go to work. Siya!

Cool, I'd be grateful if you'd give it a watch. I don;t want you to think that I'm saying Jesus cannot be the son of god, ghosts cannot exist or that you're an idiot for believing either of those things, when all I'm saying is that I don't believe in either of those things because as of yet I don't consider that I've seen compelling evidence of them being true.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

-Video-

Sorry, I don't make fun of peoples religious beliefes, so I consider it trolling. And as for the video, I am not gonna watch it. If I want to prove something and look up a video for it, it will work in my favor, and any video you want to throw at me will work in your favor. There is a website/video for everyone. I am sure I could find a video on Youtube telling me zombies are real. What ever though, in the end you have your beliefs, I have mine.
Jeez, at least watch the video before you discount it. I've seen it before, it's a pretty informative one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O8G6DCnlLDQ