Do you miss Wii Sports? Want similar game mechanic on mobile and smart TV?

bavs_tennisplayer

OP
Trophies
Website
bavneetsingh.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India

Missed playing Wii Sports with family in the lockdown, explored alternatives, made console-free motion games, if anyone want to playtest, the link to both Android and iOS apps are available in the youtube video. ⚽🏏🎾

I was reminiscing about the phenomenon of “Nintendo Wii” during the first lockdown in 2020. My friends at work and I used to engage in a fun activity of playing Wii games during office on Fridays. It was like a ritual. Tennis on Nintendo Wii was my favorite. I wished to have a similar experience with my family at home. While I arranged the Good Ol’ Wii, I also looked for alternatives. I read up on pose detection technology and took up a project. In the last few months, I have built out a few console-free motion games in unity. I could play them on my smartphone and pair my phone to my Smart TV as well.

As a tribute to the evergreen and iconic “Wii Sports”, these games are also themed around sports. I can juggle a football, throw a javelin or catch a ball.

Place your smartphone on the ground and step back. I could also cast my phone to a smart TV. I used that to play with my sister and challenge her to beat my score. She couldn't :P

The games could be buggy, but your feedback is most welcome. Comment here or leave me a dm.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even medical tyranny has upsides I guess. Of course more modern motion games have better fidelity than 2006 technology.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok