Do you think 3400 a month net is good money

D

Deleted User

Well it depends on your expenses. What expenses do you have to pay? Do you have surplus of money? Are your needs fulfilled?

Reactions: Deleted User

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It depends on where you live. A salary that would have you living hand to mouth in one place could have you living like a king in another.

hell yes! That's DOUBLE what me and my girlfriend make COMBINED!
He probably lives in a place that has a higher cost of living

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
He's using dollars, so OP is in America...or Australia? Living somewhere like California or New York, where rent can be around 1500-2000 a month or so, and groceries and bills and living expenses add up quickly, so it's not like excess money would be falling out of their pockets left and right. But still, 3400 a month is still really good pay, even if OP is in an area with a high cost of living.

Reactions: brickmii82

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
He's using dollars, so OP is in America...or Australia? Living somewhere like California or New York, where rent can be around 1500-2000 a month or so, and groceries and bills and living expenses add up quickly, so it's not like excess money would be falling out of their pockets left and right. But still, 3400 a month is still really good pay, even if OP is in an area with a high cost of living.
I like that you considered Australia before thinking of Canada :-p

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I make nearly 2K a month and my girlfriend also makes a little more than 2K and we get by quite nicely. It honestly depends on quite a number of factors and of course proper budgeting.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah as the others said it strongly depends on you...

I only hat less than 1000 like dinoh for about 5 years and I could even save money ! now my gf needs to survive with 600 and still manages while her father has more than 5k (not giving her anything anymore) and still struggles

there are things like
do you NEED a ferrari in your garage or are you okay with a small cheap car or maybe even with a bicycle?
Do you NEED to smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol for 100$ a day or could you not smoke and drink 3L water for 1$ a day
do you absolutely NEED the newest biggest iPhone every time they release it and every few month a new 80" tv or are you okay with a cheap or old smartphone and a small tv

could go on like that forever.

even with ~1000 I had enough money to save up to travel at least once every year
so yeah if I had 3k+ every month I would probably be able to save at least 1k each month and buy whatever I want anyways xD

Reactions: DinohScene

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It makes no sense to compare raw numbers. In Sydney CBD it would cost $750 a week or more rent for a one bedroom apartment - that's $2200 US dollars a month. $3400 a month would be the bare minimum you need to live - but there are so many good jobs, that would be the salary from a low-end job. However in Bathurst, you could rent a nice house for $300/week - that's around $900 US a month. So $3400 a month would have you living very comfortably. But jobs are harder to come by.

Comparing raw numbers makes no sense. It would make more sense to compare what you make with the rent for a one-bedroom apartment in your location (or some other arbitrary measure that people can visualise).

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I made about 800$ a month, about 1700$ (after taxes, converted from €) starting July (+ a 13th salary).
Gonna spend about 300$ of that a month moving to and from work (but will eventually get back about 1400$ through tax returns from commuting alone).

And that money is used to finance 4 people and we'll pretty much have more money than we ever had available.
That's in germany btw.

So what you make does sound pretty good. At the very least, nothing to complain about, unless you live in a major city in a penthouse or whatever

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's double what I make, and I make too much to get food stamps or Medicaid, even with having 2 kids, so I'd say that's pretty good, unless you're living outside your means.
Dang, I too was denied welfare apparently I make too much for food benefits and I only make about $1300 a month (and that's a lucky pay week with extra hours) which dwindles by that same Friday leaving me usually $30-$40 for food until next paycheck. I have family members that have 6 kids to one aunt, and her oldest daughter has 4 kids and pregnant, and they get upwards of $600 of foodstamps a month, but it disgusts me because they're spoiled. They spend dozens of dollars on candy and coke alone. Ice cream, and microwave foods while having a stove oven and pots/dishes. I hate it.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
I make 20 dollars a hour with as much overtime as i want usually work around 50 hours a week 4400 a month gross which is about 1700 every biweekly net pay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: in that case.. Both +1