Gaming Do you think we'll ever get to experience the feeling of ice cubes in a glass?

Do you think we'll ever get to experience the feeling of ice cubes colliding in a cup on the switch?

• Yes

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • No

Votes: 22 56.4%

• Total voters

Eddypikachu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think we'll ever get to experience the refreshing feeling of ice cubes colliding in a cup through HD rumble? What kind of game do you think it'll be in if it ever does come into fruition?

ice cubes.png

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Do you think we'll ever get to experience the refreshing feeling of ice cubes colliding in a cup through HD rumble? What kind of game do you think it'll be in if it ever does come into fruition?

View attachment 96735
Not likely. The Ball game in 1-2-Switch doesn't actually feel like balls. HD Rumble is nothing special in my experience. In the ball game, it just vibrates several times in a row with different intensity, which gives you an idea about how many balls there are.
For example, it might go like bzzz bzzz BZZ BZZ bzzz BZZ BZZ, and you turn the controller the other way and it does the same thing again. Count the largest bursts (in this case 4) and you have your answer. Basically, the balls knocking together makes a smaller vibration, and as long as you ignore that when knocking them back and forth, you can easily tell how many balls there are.
It actually disappointed me when I found out that the main feature that people were hyping all along was so simple in function.

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple answer: no.
Vibration will never be able to simulate anything but vibration. Is realistic tactile feedback possible? Maybe. But it will require something more, like a glove with sensors that are way more advanced than just a weighted motor.

Don't get me wrong, I think rumble has become a normalcy in modern gaming and it kinda feets weird when a game doesn't have it. But it'll be quite a while before this cheap imitation becomes advanced enough to trick our minds into thinking we are experiencing anything more than vibration.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just another Nintendo gimmick that means nothing. The best games on the Wii used none or very little of the motion controls. Same for the DS and the touchscreen. I won't even go into detail about the Power Glove and all the other failed experiments during the NES era.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Just another Nintendo gimmick that means nothing. The best games on the Wii used none or very little of the motion controls. Same for the DS and the touchscreen. I won't even go into detail about the Power Glove and all the other failed experiments during the NES era.

That's a lie.

Wii:

Metroid Prime Trilogy/3
Skyward Sword
Wii Sports/Resort
Red Steel

DS:

Metroid Prime Hunters
LoZ Spirit Tracks/Phantom Hourglass
Warioware Touched
Ninja Gaiden DS

Just to name a few..

Last edited by Kioku,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That's a lie.

Wii:

Metroid Prime Trilogy/3
Skyward Sword
Wii Sports/Resort
Red Steel

DS:

Metroid Prime Hunters
LoZ Spirit Tracks/Phantom Hourglass
Warioware Touched
Ninja Gaiden DS

Just to name a few..
Well...
Skyward Sword: The motion controls were more of a pain than an actual good thing. Although I did love that game, it was for other reasons.
Wii Sports/Resort: They were decent games, and great games to show off the features of the Wii, but in the end they weren't anything special.
Never played Red Steel much.
Metroid Prime, and any other 1st person Wiimote aiming game, did show the potential of the controller though. Sure, aiming with a mouse is just as easy if not easier, but aiming with a Wiimote as if it was a light gun is way more fun.

Metroid Prime Hunters: Okay game, but nothing special. The controls also sucked.
Zelda PH/ST: Both sucked. Terrible examples of good touchscreen use, as they would have both been way better without it.
Warioware Touched: Now there's a good example. Had so much fun with that game, it was my first Wario Ware game after a friend recommended the series and I still have not had as much fun with any other game in the series. The frantic touchscreen gameplay just made it etter.
Ninja Gaiden DS: Never tried it, so can't comment on that.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Well...

You have
Skyward Sword: The motion controls were more of a pain than an actual good thing. Although I did love that game, it was for other reasons.
Wii Sports/Resort: They were decent games, and great games to show off the features of the Wii, but in the end they weren't anything special.
Never played Red Steel much.
Metroid Prime, and any other 1st person Wiimote aiming game, did show the potential of the controller though. Sure, aiming with a mouse is just as easy if not easier, but aiming with a Wiimote as if it was a light gun is way more fun.

Metroid Prime Hunters: Okay game, but nothing special. The controls also sucked.
Zelda PH/ST: Both sucked. Terrible examples of good touchscreen use, as they would have both been way better without it.
Warioware Touched: Now there's a good example. Had so much fun with that game, it was my first Wario Ware game after a friend recommended the series and I still have not had as much fun with any other game in the series. The frantic touchscreen gameplay just made it etter.
Ninja Gaiden DS: Never tried it, so can't comment on that.

I can say that Skyward Sword was rather enjoyable. A far better experience than Twilight princess when it came down to controls. Can they be janky? Yeah. Was it still considered one of the better Wii games at an objective glance? Yup.

Wii Sports and Resort were something else. Yes, they were freebies that came with the console, but they also were well received for what they were. Freebie party/family games that took great advantage of the systems gimmicks.

Red Steel.. Never played it, still a prime example. Another game that wasn't scoffed at. Aside from some janky control styles.. The 2nd one improved on where the first one fell short.. and was better received.

Metroid Prime 3. Yup.

Metroid Prime Hunters. The controls could have been better, sure. However, as a whole? It showed exactly what the DS was capable of. I honestly believe the game played fluidly enough, and the touchscreen aiming and usage was phenomenal.

PH and ST: Your opinion. Great games that could have been better. Both are prime examples of touchscreen usage.

Warioware was fun. That's all I can say.

Ninja Gaiden didn't seem so popular. However, it was a fantastic game, and fun to play. You held the console like a book (think Brain Age) and explicitly used touch screen aside from the shoulder buttons.

You have to remember something. Both consoles were extremely limited in controls and power. Why? Well, it's Nintendo. They try to be different. Both consoles excelled at just that. There is a reason the DS beat the PSP. I can tell you that it wasn't because of Super Mario 64 DS. :P

The Wii with its limited controls did exceptionally well with its gimmick. One of few consoles that hold that claim. Yes, not every game took advantage of what was there.. but there were still some fantastic first and third party games that did. Which was the point of my post. Whether you liked the games or not doesn't change the fact that some pretty good games did, in fact, take advantage of what was considered useless.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can say that Skyward Sword was rather enjoyable. A far better experience than Twilight princess when it came down to controls. Can they be janky? Yeah. Was it still considered one of the better Wii games at an objective glance? Yup.

Wii Sports and Resort were something else. Yes, they were freebies that came with the console, but they also were well received for what they were. Freebie party/family games that took great advantage of the systems gimmicks.

Red Steel.. Never played it, still a prime example. Another game that wasn't scoffed at. Aside from some janky control styles.. The 2nd one improved on where the first one fell short.. and was better received.

Metroid Prime 3. Yup.

Metroid Prime Hunters. The controls could have been better, sure. However, as a whole? It showed exactly what the DS was capable of. I honestly believe the game played fluidly enough, and the touchscreen aiming and usage was phenomenal.

PH and ST: Your opinion. Great games that could have been better. Both are prime examples of touchscreen usage.

Warioware was fun. That's all I can say.

Ninja Gaiden didn't seem so popular. However, it was a fantastic game, and fun to play. You held the console like a book (think Brain Age) and explicitly used touch screen aside from the shoulder buttons.

You have to remember something. Both consoles were extremely limited in controls and power. Why? Well, it's Nintendo. They try to be different. Both consoles excelled at just that. There is a reason the DS beat the PSP. I can tell you that it wasn't because of Super Mario 64 DS. :P

The Wii with its limited controls did exceptionally well with its gimmick. One of few consoles that hold that claim. Yes, not every game took advantage of what was there.. but there were still some fantastic first and third party games that did. Which was the point of my post. Whether you liked the games or not doesn't change the fact that some pretty good games did, in fact, take advantage of what was considered useless.

Agreed about Skyward Sword. It's one of the best Zelda games IMO, and easily beats Twilight Princess (although not due to controls, it just has a better story and better gameplay)

Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort were fun for the time. They just didn't have a lasting impact, better games soon came along that were better.

Maybe I should try that Ninja Gaiden game.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Agreed about Skyward Sword. It's one of the best Zelda games IMO, and easily beats Twilight Princess (although not due to controls, it just has a better story and better gameplay)

Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort were fun for the time. They just didn't have a lasting impact, better games soon came along that were better.

Maybe I should try that Ninja Gaiden game.
I mean if you don't like them that's cool. I was just giving examples. :P

Ninja Gaiden was amazing in my honest opinion.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are ice cubes and cups particularly difficult to get hold of in some places?

Third world problems...

Last edited by Kioku,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And a few lawsuits
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Probably lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eminem sued me all I did was say he was a cannibal molestor
    Rotflmao
    R Kelly dropped the lawsuit after I let him pee on me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your honor he thinks he has white privilege
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If you rap it, its freedom of speech
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gray zone warfare looks kinda cool
    Ohhh on one episode they could use rings to summon Captain Criminal who is just Obama like a spoof of Captain Planet lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does look good
    By your powers combined, hmmm where is Epstein?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just another shit fps clone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought it was some warzone dlc bs
    Looks like an enhanced Far cry 1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's a far cry from it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission +1