LichbannMejolaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think now is a bit late for that.

2 factors will make the price stays the same (if don't goes up):

1 - Zelda.
2 - The fact that Nintendo stopped production.

The way I see, the ideal moment to buy was right after the switch announcement. At this point, I don't see anyone dropping the price on it.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New? Unlikely since most of the remaining stock seems to have pulled from stores to make room for the Switch launch.

Used? Maybe in the short term, but once people realize that it has a good (if small) library, if anything it will probably eventually go up, particularly as gamepads get broken and no other way to get replaced. Unlike Wii's that are a dime a dozen, the very fact that Wii U didn't sell through very much is bound to make it a pricey system on the secondary market, particularly as its successor isn't BC.

Odven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
both used and new price are still ridiculously expensive, I can buy a new PS4 with the price tag.
I bought a refurbished unit from Nintendo's ebay store 3 months ago, I've set it up and have over 300 hours on it. While it's like new, I only paid 200$.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I just picked up mine from EBGames. (Didn't expect to, but craving a deep game like Breath of the Wild.) $250 Canadian, but had everything and was refurbished.

Just picked up the extra stuff needed for the system and it's pretty good.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Likely the prices of used units will drop significantly do to high supply and low demand. Very much doubt the new price will drop, that has never been Nintendo's style.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd suggest subscribing or monitoring discount/offer checking sites similar to hotukdeals.

At this point you may get an offer from shops wanting to ditch remaining stock, otherwise the price will only drop when there's low demand and high amount of units.

eriol33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought a refurbished unit from Nintendo's ebay store 3 months ago, I've set it up and have over 300 hours on it. While it's like new, I only paid 200$.
wow, that's a very good deal! but then, I live in Indonesia where console must be imported. PS4 is quite affordable and "fair", but Wii U price is still abnormal.

Gadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo sells refurbished units. Nintendo refurbs have warranty and a high degree of confidence in the repair. They put new plastic housings on em too, mine looks brand spanking new. I got mine for 200, 32gb with nintendoland. So that is cheaper than retail and the best option for a deal right now. Other than that, you can buy a used on on ebay someday for less than 200 if you wait. Or maybe even now, maybe there's a glut of em on ebay from people selling to upgrade to switch, I haven't looked since I have one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: what the fuck is that dawg 💀😭 +2