Gaming Do you think Xcloud or Xbone Remote play could come to the Switch?

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So like the topic says, do you think Xcloud (be it for Gamepass or individual Xbox games) could come to the Switch? And/or if you own both a Switch and an Xbone, that Xbone remote play could come to the Switch? A few years ago, I think this question would be incredibly stupid to ask. Today though, I'm really not so sure. There is a lot to consider: from the fact that Microsoft and Nintendo seem to get along pretty well these days with indie titles like Cuphead, Ori, and Super Lucky Tales all on the Switch, in addition to Banjo in Smash. Not to mention Microsoft's play anywhere initiative, allowing users to buy Xbox games directly to their PC, and now the ability to both remote play your Xbone or stream via the Xcloud games to your smartphones and tablets, Microsoft's latest insistence that they don't care where their audience plays their games, just so long as they play their games (legally), and even the fact that they essentially break even on each Xbone sold and actually take a loss on each X sold, it really gets my mind thinking: maybe Microsoft has legit considered bringing Xbone game streaming to the Switch in some way or form.

Be it through the Xcloud and gamepass or Xcloud and individual titles you must purchase. Or even if all they did was allow us to remote play our own Xbone with a Switch in a similar way that one can remote play a PS4 on a PS Vita. This last possibility doesn't even take away console sales on Microsoft's end, as it would require a user to own both an Xbone and a Switch, which in all reality could be a great form of synergy helping to push sales of both systems. And in places especially like Japan where the Xbone is a huge flop, this could be all the more of an appealing move for Microsoft. And really there is no better portable device better suited to play one's Xbone when you think about it, as it has all the buttons one would need in the proper layout at that (granted AB and XY are reversed, but that'd be fairly easy to train your brain that when you see push A in such a game it really means push B, etc.).

Do you think either or both could be possible? The more I think about it, the more I think it genuinely could happen. The Switch is definitely capable of streaming games over the internet as evidence by some of their cloud games in Japan (Resident Evil 7, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and Phantasy Star Online 2) as well as that homebrew app that allows us to stream our PC games to the Switch, this is definitely feasible. It's just a question of if both parties would be on board and if Microsoft has considered it. When I lay it all out like this, it makes a lot of sense to me, but what do you think?

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3