Gaming Do you use Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility?

Do you use XB360 Backwards Compatibility?

• Total voters

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It took Microsoft long enough to introduce Backwards Compatibility, and when they did it didn't even apply to all games?? Why can I play Assassin's Creed 1-3 but not 4? Why can I play Red Dead Redemption but not RDR: Undead Nightmare? If anyone knows why please let me know..

Before I plugged my xbox 360 back in I used my XB1 for the games, but it sucked that all the discs did was download the game from the store and not run from the disc (taking up the 250GB of my xbox) so now it's plugged back in I play all xbox 360 games on it. Am I the only one who does this? Who else doesn't bother with the feature?

To answer this. Microsoft's virtual 360 on the xbone only emulates the cpu or gpu [forget which one] of the 360. The compatible games have thier code port to the cpu or gpu of the xbox one. Microsoft created a programmed to streamline the porting process and can be done with any 360 title. They need premission from the original publishers and developers to do so however to avoid breaking copy right laws. Thus the limited amount of games. Eventually microsoft hopes to have raughly 90-95 percent of xbox 360 titles on the xbone.

Edit: the mini emulator for each title is actually wrong. The video above is wrong. Major Nelson n others have said so multiple times. Some games do have an addtion instruction set (files) included with them however to patch out errors and glitches

Last edited by chartube12,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's great except for party games. No way to have "guest" accounts anymore within the 360 game. And it cant handle four users at a time for some reason. I have many "one compatible" 360 ganes that are just broken in functionality to the point they are useless because of this.

Not too many, but enough it annoys me. A lot. I keep my 360 around for this reason. And kinect compatibility.

AtsuNii

AtsuNii's New Beginnings
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I barely use it mostly because i barely play any 360 games at the moment. But i do sometimes play fallout 3 on it just to be able to record some of the stupid and funny things that can happen.

BiggieCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, for all compatible games.
I still keep my Xbox 360 around for niche titles though, since most of them are not backwards compatible yet. Other games published by certain Japanese publishers which seem to be against approving their games for BC releases are holding me there too, With Konami and Capcom being particularly big offenders, the latter especially so. Konami might be lightening up though since they finally let the MGS HD Collection on there recently.
Namco also seems to have no interest in making their past Dragon Ball games on the 360 BC, so that’s another thng, though I suspect their absence might more or less be due to them not wanting to hamper Xenoverse 1/2 and FighterZ’s success combined with a lack of overall interest from people at large than anything else.

D

Deleted User

my xbone is a glorified 360, out of 70-ish games i have installed, 64 of them are 360 games lmao

also i don't see much of a benefit out of using s 360, especially since most are on their last legs and dying out, i have a slim from 2013 or some shit and the hard drive's dying, or something, it keeps crashing when i access the game list

D

Deleted User

I use it only for x-enhanced 4k games like Witcher 2 or Fable for instance. It‘s so great to be able to enjoy these gems once again with enhanced visuals.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use og Xbox back compat on my X360... does that count?

I don't, and never will, own an Xbone - it still has zero exclusive content worth owning it for, and, as others have said, is best used as a 'glorified' 360... however, a big chunk of the 360 titles I own (both physically and digitally) will never be included in the backwards compatibility program. As for Microsofts claims that eventually 95% of the 360's library would be backcompat... bullshit! There's at least 15% of the library that is delisted, devs/publishers no longer exist, contain licensing issues, etc.
Imo, anyone that primarily uses their xbone for it's backwards compatibility features would've been better off spending the cash on a 360, an og xbox, a PS3, and some external storage.

Last edited by duwen,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The X360 is the only console in the microsoft family that I own, and I still use it regularly.
I only have 3 original Xbox games (Dead or Alive Ultimate, Dead or Alive 3, and Star Wars KOTOR) and they all work on the 360 (although KOTOR can be a bit glitchy). There really aren't many more OG xbox games I'd want, and certainly not enough to warrant adding another console to my already vast set up... plus, a big percentage of my 360 library isn't supported by the xbones back compat program, and even fewer of the OG xbox games I might consider getting are.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I bought an Xbone and still had my x360 games, probably. But I don't. I would probably still be playing Halo Reach or 4 but its for the best that I moved on. The only game I really morn the loss of is Burnout: Revenge.

sushix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
It took Microsoft long enough to introduce Backwards Compatibility, and when they did it didn't even apply to all games?? Why can I play Assassin's Creed 1-3 but not 4? Why can I play Red Dead Redemption but not RDR: Undead Nightmare? If anyone knows why please let me know..

Before I plugged my xbox 360 back in I used my XB1 for the games, but it sucked that all the discs did was download the game from the store and not run from the disc (taking up the 250GB of my xbox) so now it's plugged back in I play all xbox 360 games on it. Am I the only one who does this? Who else doesn't bother with the feature?
i think its way better than the support by ps3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'd use it more if some of my favourite games we're backwards compatible. It's great for the ones which are, however sadly so many good titles are missing.
true but it is a great addition

DarthMotzkus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I still own a 360 console. For "non-XboxOneXEnhancedTitles" i preffer to play on the native console instead. But the native 1440p/4K enhanced ones (RDR1, Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy, Fable, AC1) are simply amazing on the most powerful console to date.

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I use it for the occasional game. Not many 360 games I find myself wanting to play lately, so when there is something I tend to just use the Xbox One as opposed to hooking up my 360 again.

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes i use it alot, 360 games are really cheap thease days. My favorites are:

Black ops 2
Dark Souls (yeah i know there od remastered version but 360 version is for 5$)
Doritos Crash Course (fun split screen multiplayer)
Metal Gear Solid HD collection (this one is expensive)
Skate 3
Sonic Generations and Transformered
Tekken Tag Tournament 2(big character roster without dlc)
Splinter Cell Conviction
Dead Space 2

Im really happy with my x360 collection but i'm still hopining for expand of backwards compatibility titles when series S/X will be on market.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D