Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Veho said:
Panzer Tacticer said:
I'm waiting for the last ep of Kampfer currently.

What's the last one you watched?

Ep. 11 was the last "real" episode, the season finale. Ep 12 will be a Christmas special, and that's it until next season (if they make one).

I like Kämpfer. It's campy trashy fun
happy.gif
Meh. At first, Kämpfer was lulz, but it became annoying later on...

The best anime I've ever seen are Bakemonogatari (still airing) and Soul Eater.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
67birdman said:
Animes are stupid, some are good, but most are overrated.

Anime shows are like games, they fall into traps of being yet more of the same like everything else.

It always comes down to 'do you like the type of show?' mostly.

For instance, shooters and rpg games rarely offer anything fundamentally unique, but people like em, so they just keep on making them.

It's rare when an example in a genre actually stands out. You either like the genre, or ya don't.

Kaiyos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOL not really anymore....used to watch Dragon Ball Z back when i was a kid....and watched like a TINY bit of Naruto but that's pretty much it
laugh.gif

xangelinax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I watched DBZ when I was a kid, who hasnt?, also kimi ni todoke, wallflower and some others that I can think of. Is anyone waiting for Aki sora to become a anime? I read the manga but not sure of the anime.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Panzer Tacticer said:
67birdman said:
Animes are stupid, some are good, but most are overrated.

Anime shows are like games, they fall into traps of being yet more of the same like everything else.

It always comes down to 'do you like the type of show?' mostly.

For instance, shooters and rpg games rarely offer anything fundamentally unique, but people like em, so they just keep on making them.

It's rare when an example in a genre actually stands out. You either like the genre, or ya don't.

I beg to differ. There is same type of anime shows yes, but same could be argued on TV shows. And in reality, TV shows are way more varied than

My (mostly pile of shame) anime list of series I am currently watching hold series like Canaan, Fate/Stay Night, Full metal alchemist: Brotherhood, Hayate combat butler, Higurashi no naku ni, Ouran high school host club and Sayonora zetsubo sensei.

At moment, THREE have fighting (as in combat, not counting higurashi, that does the murder kinda one way end) - but none of them Resemble much each other (it's like saying metal arm, sword and gun is same thing) - and the story line is completely different. You could argue that this was the FPS genre and those have different story lines too but seriously "Having a combat" is too general way to group something.

Ouran high school host club, Sayonora Zetsubo sensei and Hayate fall into Comedy. Sure it is more of anime world type of comedy, but i would not give them a Game type of group, those series aside from being funny again have nothing resembling in them. All three are from characters to (random) story line completely different.

And then there is drama (shit - some would say, I LIKE IT so FUCK YOU more than me!) anime like Clannad (my ultimate favorite) and Welcome to the NHK what both have their upbeat and comedic parts, are really serious and even sad at times - and again, that is most GENERIC thing you can say what is connecting in these two - again whole premise of both series is still COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Western Cartoons (now, the live TV form) as I have observed have very few serious inputs - there are really great ones with great story, I am not to say that, but as you can count things like Ren and Stimpy and other... STUFF like that it really gets to it.

and if you are to talk about generic, word "Superhero!" (as ironically my signature reads even) comes to mind: Anyone gone as far as even to count every american comic character that has some (very unique, I give them that) costume, some unique power, then some more generic power (Let's say that you can also then take all that can fly and put them one category) and some baddies they beat.

Ok, I can see that same (kinda) would been applied to fighting anime but as I said, there is other types of anime, as western comics tend to have from very little to none of those more serious story types. TV has that as acted but the stories anime series tell is very unique because of that.

also disclaimer: I do love spider man and Batman - Just saying that there is bunch of superhero comics... TOO much even.

Also short answer:
YES, i watch anime.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
OMFG said:
No, I dont ever wanna turn into an Anime-Freak, who has nothing but Anime and Japan in their mind, then starting to act like Anime characters in real-life.

That's like saying that watching House M.D. makes you a dick and cut people open just from whim.

I.E. You need a better brain.

Unless you are grouped with 13 year old narutards who do not know better (and frankly also have no brain capacity needed to know better mostly)

If you think that way of yourself you either need to really question your own intelligence much or something else is bad in your head.

There are people like that, even I despise many of them, but it needs a stupid person more than a anime series to make them like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto