tongue.gif
smile.gif

masvill20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just check this list to see if I watch anime or not

I tend to watch anime that come from certain anime companies like Sunrise, Kyoto Animation, Madhouse, Production IG, and Bones. Usually these companies produce the best anime series out there, but they do tend to release mediocre ones once in a while. I generally like watching action (Gundam) and romance or slice of life (CLANNAD) shows. They tend to have more plot and character development than a lot of American TV shows. I also watch moe and comedy shows (Lucky Star and K-on!) because most of them are funny, not because they make me want to scream KAWAIIII into my laptop and "make *insert female lead here* my waifu" which gives a very negative impression of people who like watching anime.

As for anime I don't watch, I don't watch Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, or any anime that runs longer than 50 episodes (except maybe Fullmetal Alchemist). They have no conclusion, a battle takes 2-10 episodes long just to charge up, and they're the epitome of cliches and unstable power levels (Super Saiyan 1, 2, 3, 4, fusion, shikai, bankai, hollow masks and all that).

Just ranting here, to people who say anime is kiddy, go watch Death Note or the Higurashi series, and tell me after watching those shows you still think it's kiddy. To people who say anime is boring, a lot of times you might have just watched a poor example of a good anime, so it's not entirely your fault that you think it's boring. To each his own though, I can't say I'm interested with shows like 24, Lost or Heroes.

EDIT: Forgot to put favorite shows!

Favorite shows that are done:
CLANNAD, Gundam 00, Bakemonogatari, Higurashi series, Lucky Star
Favorite shows that are currently airing:
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, Kimi ni Todoke, Kobato.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
definitely. like i had read in one of the post in this thread, most recent animes are kinda shallow in story. most of the anime today just recycles the story of old animes. i love gundam mobile suits anime. really old but the story is really constructed very well.

D

Deleted_171835

Ya. I don't watch a lot of anime. Primarily Naruto: Shippuden, One Piece and Full Metal Alchemist.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm not really watching a lot of anime anymore
When I was younger I watched Dragonball Z sometimes (and Pokémon like many other people
tongue.gif
).

The most recent thing I've seen is an episode of Bleach (I think)

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm watching Beyblade again, and gonna restart Death Note soon.

In the past I watched Pokemon, Digimon, Beyblade, Dragonball Z, Medabots and probably some other things too.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you said Naruto or Bleach you haven't demonstrated you truly give a damn about anime.

You can't seem to get away from Naruto or Bleach. It's really just the current wanna be contender for what Dragonball and Sailormoon were. Mainstream mass marketed anime.

Prove to me you actually LIKE anime before mentioning you watch it.

I'm waiting for the last ep of Kampfer currently.

Clannad is my more recent favourite series.

Watched Kodomo no Jikan and thought even though some of it is good for making you go WTF, it actually had a story, unlike KissXsis which I can't really recommend.

Bakemonagatori is interesting, but man the on screen text comments at the start of a show are there for so little it's hard to read them all.

And yes people, if you only watch anime on YouTube or via routine TV, you ain't watching anime that counts for much.

Real anime fans download fan subs and have watched the stuff long before your local TV station will even know it exists (unless you live in Japan).

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Panzer Tacticer said:

What's the last one you watched?

Ep. 11 was the last "real" episode, the season finale. Ep 12 will be a Christmas special, and that's it until next season (if they make one).

I like Kämpfer. It's campy trashy fun
happy.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
Panzer Tacticer said:

What's the last one you watched?

Ep. 11 was the last "real" episode, the season finale. Ep 12 will be a Christmas special, and that's it until next season (if they make one).

I like Kämpfer. It's campy trashy fun
happy.gif

That's so unoriginal, it's like an concept ripoff of Sister Princess Repure, but it may not be as epic since it lacks a young girl with an angel's voice. Also if an anime has a Christmas Special, it will most likely not have another season.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hop2089 said:
That's so unoriginal, it's like an concept ripoff of Sister Princess Repure
It's a parody of the magical girl and harem genre, so it's a "concept ripoff" of any "magical girl" and "harem" anime ever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto