Doctor Who

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
No-one was sure if the BBC considered Paul McGann to be an official Doctor from the 2005 series onwards until his face appeared in the diary in the The Family of Blood episode with David Tennant
I was. Besides, when Christopher was cast, he was referred to as playing the Ninth.
Hell he thought he stole the TARDIS when in actuallity the TARDIS stole him.
To be fair, it was a bit of both. That TARDIS just happened to be unlocked.

He has stated that not even the collective armies on Ghengis Khan could get in. She left him in. That's why he can open the doors with a click of his fingers or walk right on in. In the classic series tho he usually used a key. If it makes you feel better I'll go along with that tho.
They couldn't get in by force. If it was unlocked, it unlocked itself to let someone in. The doors didn't need to be bulldozed.

Besides, the key still gets used sometimes.

More recently, the key has been more symbolic of a token of trust. No necessarily a tool used to unlock the TARDIS.

melkor42x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't remember but how exactly did the Master get inside in Utopia?
He used that device to turn himself into a human. It was all locked up in the pocket watch.

Wasn't the original excuse for not being able to pilot the Tardis, was because it requires four pilots to operate? Though Ramona never seemed to have any problems. Then again he did steal the Tardis and probably never bothered with the manual. Wasn't he using the manual under a broken leg of something.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You mean to Malcassairo?

When he was recruited to fight in the Time War, basically, he escaped and ran as far away as he could, and hid from the Time Lords by using a Chameleon Arch to turn into a human, much like mine.

He used that device to turn himself into a human. It was all locked up in the pocket watch.

Wasn't the original excuse for not being able to pilot the Tardis, was because it requires four pilots to operate? Though Ramona never seemed to have any problems. Then again he did steal the Tardis and probably never bothered with the manual. Wasn't he using the manual under a broken leg of something.
Six pilots. And who's Ramona? Do you mean Romana[dvoratrelundar]?

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Nope just went back and checked it out the door was already opened because of a cable coming out of it. To properly fly a TARDIS it requires 6 pilots. The Doctor states that in Journeys End.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Nope just went back and checked it out the door was already opened because of a cable coming out of it.
Oh, inside the TARDIS...you didn't specify.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't normally cry over TV shows but I did not want the Ponds to end like this.

I wanted there to be one set of companions in the new series that the Doctor doesn't break. Ones that don't end up in another dimension, or whatever. The most normal ending was Martha's and she left because she couldn't take being in love with him and him going on about Rose.
Problem is that without an event like this why would the Doctor stop being with them? Why would they stop going and travelling? Them growing old and dying isn't a good way to end them either. They were at least the best companions in the new Series. I love them both (Amy more, YOWZAH!)

Goodbye Ponds.

However while I praise this ending, Moffat, I HATE YOU SO MUCH! I have to wait until Christmas to get more Who? DAMN YOUUUUU!!!!

Reactions: 1 person

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I must say, I started to watch the show just a few days ago, and I'm really hooked now, can't stop watching !
I really love anything that has to do with time travel, and I had no idea what Doctor Who was all about.
Now that I watched the first half a dozen episodes of the 2005 reboot, I'm really delighted and impressed as all the event and characters became all intertwined by the time I reached the " Bad Wolf " episode.
Gotta love the show !

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't normally cry over TV shows but I did not want the Ponds to end like this.

I wanted there to be one set of companions in the new series that the Doctor doesn't break. Ones that don't end up in another dimension, or whatever. The most normal ending was Martha's and she left because she couldn't take being in love with him and him going on about Rose.
Problem is that without an event like this why would the Doctor stop being with them? Why would they stop going and travelling? Them growing old and dying isn't a good way to end them either. They were at least the best companions in the new Series. I love them both (Amy more, YOWZAH!)

Goodbye Ponds.

However while I praise this ending, Moffat, I HATE YOU SO MUCH! I have to wait until Christmas to get more Who? DAMN YOUUUUU!!!!

I know it's like a full 3 months till the Xmas special and then who knows when the actual second half of the series will start up.

I must say, I started to watch the show just a few days ago, and I'm really hooked now, can't stop watching !
I really love anything that has to do with time travel, and I had no idea what Doctor Who was all about.
Now that I watched the first half a dozen episodes of the 2005 reboot, I'm really delighted and impressed as all the event and characters became all intertwined by the time I reached the " Bad Wolf " episode.
Gotta love the show !

It only gets better keep on watching and you'll see.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country

Goodbye Ponds.

Honestly I think the ending was actually quite good. I mean they get to live out their whole life with no worries and with each other, continues in spoiler.

I mean if you look at all the others in the new series the Ponds had it easy plus I found the one who had it worse was Donna, I mean she was the perfect friend for the Doctor but she couldn't travel with him anymore and having her forget all the good things she did made her back to the way she was originally which was someone unhappy with their life and herself.

The reason for them unable to continue travelling with the Doctor was probably they got sent to a point in time where the TARDIS isn't able to go there because of the paradox they created just before and the Doctor also said he was unable to go back there also there is nothing with growing old and dying I mean the Brigadier had his adventures with the Doctor over most of the Doctor's life and then grew old and died peacefully.

Reactions: 1 person

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They only possible way it would have been any better of an ending would to have been for the to be reunited with little Melody while she was in NYC at the end of Day of the Moon.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
The episode was great, had a few plotholes, but was a great episode nonetheless. Very touching though arguably it was a pretty cruel ending too, would have been better if there was more resolution (on the part of Rory and possibly Brian who was just left in the dark about it), which seems to be most people's greatest complaint.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly I think the ending was actually quite good. I mean they get to live out their whole life with no worries and with each other, continues in spoiler.

I mean if you look at all the others in the new series the Ponds had it easy plus I found the one who had it worse was Donna, I mean she was the perfect friend for the Doctor but she couldn't travel with him anymore and having her forget all the good things she did made her back to the way she was originally which was someone unhappy with their life and herself.

The reason for them unable to continue travelling with the Doctor was probably they got sent to a point in time where the TARDIS isn't able to go there because of the paradox they created just before and the Doctor also said he was unable to go back there also there is nothing with growing old and dying I mean the Brigadier had his adventures with the Doctor over most of the Doctor's life and then grew old and died peacefully.

I never said the ending was bad I just said it wasn't the way I wanted them to go.
Yes it is possible for them to grow old and die but the Brigadier had a different relationship with the Doctor to Rory and Amy. The Doctor tended to come in to help UNIT with things already happening, Amy and Rory are just friends he travels with. Donna did get it the worst, I agree. It would've been nice after the End of Time for them to find a way to let Donna remember her time on the TARDIS.
Also the reason for the Doctor being unable to meet them is more complicated. They created a fixed time where they must die by seeing their own gravestone. Meeting the Doctor gives the possibility of returning to their own time and dying there creating a paradox. The Universe will go out of its way to make sure their paths never cross again. Also apparently New York, 1938 is now a complete temporal mess. Sure there's no problems with that.
They got to live out there lives together but in the wrong time, without any of their family and friends from the Modern day. Its the best outcome with the situation but still a pretty sad outcome for travelling with the Doctor. It seems each time he takes someone with him these days he destroys some part of their life. With Rose he ended up stranding her in a parallel universe, with Martha he wound up having her family tortured and humiliated and with Donna he removed all the amazing things he'd seen. None of it was because he wanted to, it just seems to be a side-effect of travelling with the Modern Day Doctor. Just once i would like to see one choosing to settle down somewhere and not travel with the Doctor because they want to not because they have to. I thought the Ponds would be the first.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Unrelated to what you guys are discussing but I gotta ask.
Am I the only one who finds Dalek' fucking adorable D :
I find Daleks to be so adorably outdated that it'd be a shame if they weren't there. I mean, it's hard to even concieve an idea of a Dalek redesign. Sure, minor changes were introduced, but unlike Cybermen for examples, the core desing remained practically intact. They're such a throwback to early science fiction that they always bring a smile to my face, rather than fear or dread.

Also, I love their voices - absolutely hillarious! :P

"E... Egg..." "Egg...? You want the egg? This?" "Egg..." "Here you go, you can have it, come on..." "Egg...s... terminate... Exterminate! EXTERMINATE!" "Oh..."

...that made me laugh so much... :P

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country

I never said the ending was bad I just said it wasn't the way I wanted them to go.
Yes it is possible for them to grow old and die but the Brigadier had a different relationship with the Doctor to Rory and Amy. The Doctor tended to come in to help UNIT with things already happening, Amy and Rory are just friends he travels with. Donna did get it the worst, I agree. It would've been nice after the End of Time for them to find a way to let Donna remember her time on the TARDIS.
Also the reason for the Doctor being unable to meet them is more complicated. They created a fixed time where they must die by seeing their own gravestone. Meeting the Doctor gives the possibility of returning to their own time and dying there creating a paradox. The Universe will go out of its way to make sure their paths never cross again. Also apparently New York, 1938 is now a complete temporal mess. Sure there's no problems with that.
They got to live out there lives together but in the wrong time, without any of their family and friends from the Modern day. Its the best outcome with the situation but still a pretty sad outcome for travelling with the Doctor. It seems each time he takes someone with him these days he destroys some part of their life. With Rose he ended up stranding her in a parallel universe, with Martha he wound up having her family tortured and humiliated and with Donna he removed all the amazing things he'd seen. None of it was because he wanted to, it just seems to be a side-effect of travelling with the Modern Day Doctor. Just once i would like to see one choosing to settle down somewhere and not travel with the Doctor because they want to not because they have to. I thought the Ponds would be the first.
Well I guess i'm the only one who was actually more content with their ending.
I mean I get where your coming from that all companions of the modern Doctors that leaves has to instead of choosing to and usually it ends badly for them in one way or another but not every one of them had it as bad as Donna did, I mean Rose did get a doctor copy to live with even though she is stuck in a parallel world so atleast she would be a little happy to have her family and be able to be with the doctor again, Martha moved on and married Micky then went freelance, Jack had his team at Torchwood although things quickly went wrong but that wasn't the Doctors doing. What about Sarah Jane, she met with the Tenth and turned down his offer to travel with him.

Well to be fair modern day Doctor since the 9th became the survivor of the Time War and after seeing the Master die he became the last Time Lord so he is in a way a little broken because of it and maybe he does this by accident and seeing how Tenth turned down possible companions after what happened with Donna this does affect him greatly, it was only the 11th that he felt lonely he tried again with Amy and later Rory but i'm guessing he would be more hesitant to try again in future episodes, I know there will be a new companion but i'm sure he would be more hesitant this time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol +1