Does age or time matter?

Do u think age or time matters when you meet that one?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you feel like you have met that perfect one out of over 6 billion people on the planet do you think if you are not the same age and there is a gap of age between you and you have only known them a very short time. Do u think age or time matters?

So respond with a yes or no and your reasoning if you want to.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Yes and no. Age can matter because too old or too young and you loose frames of reference and things in common (music, TV, films etc.). Having said that if they are truly The One then those are hurdles that can be easily overcome.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It depends on which age. 13 and 20 is way to much while 23 and 30 is no problem at all.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
The only reason I never asked Sian out is because I was 16 and she was 13. Which regretably leads to a lot of dodgy looks and a lot more hassle than either of us needed. So I figured that I'd ask her out when the age difference wasn't quite so...creepy. Unfortunately that never happened as a few short months before I'd have been able to sort things out, I was forced to leave the county, and then she moved to the other side of the planet.

From that I've come to the conclusion that worrying about age gaps, society's image of you and basically anything other than your own heart is absolute BOLLOCKS.

Although I will say that a hot 18 year old girl dating a 54 year old guy is both creepy and annoying.

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
From that I've come to the conclusion that worrying about age gaps, society's image of you and basically anything other than your own heart is absolute BOLLOCKS.
This
happy.gif
i feel same way and i am 21 she is 27 and im turning 22 in august

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I would be older I could say "14 is enough for me". That's because I'm not 20, and say a lot of random things.
But for real, I think age doesn't actually matter, even though other people will think strange of you when you are 18, and the other is 66. As long as they are both OK with it, I won't complain.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Uhhh... I don´t really know. I used to think girls with more age tend to look for older guys, but today´s just matter of "compatibility" rather than age. However, when you´re older than her, she feels somehow more protected.

Ahh the mysteries of life.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Coto said:
Uhhh... I don´t really know. I used to think girls with more age tend to look for older guys, but today´s just matter of "compatibility" rather than age. However, when you´re older than her, she feels somehow more protected.

Girls often have an older "mental age", e.g., a 14 years old girl having a mental age of 16. According to some research of something... though it could explain why you see a lot of girls with older guys (the 2 or 3 year difference, anything above 10 is still unexplained I guess).

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Berthenk said:
Coto said:

Girls often have an older "mental age", e.g., a 14 years old girl having a mental age of 16. According to some research of something... though it could explain why you see a lot of girls with older guys (the 2 or 3 year difference, anything above 10 is still unexplained I guess).

Probably just foolish girls. But they could also have a traumatic past, and try to escape. An older man could protect them in their eyes.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well there´s some research about marriages or young couples. It says one is instinctively always looking for the opposite gender (not a problem if the same gender, thus) with our own parent´s features. This could be either a good or bad aspect, but it´s latent there.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I havent been in that position yet to be sure about what to answer.

But I would think not. I have seen many people around me, people who were very close to me choosing the kinda guy/girl that I would think they would never chose(or I would never pick).
When you love someone, age is not really a factor at all.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Nah.
My girlfriend is 2 years younger than I am (which is kinda significant when you're 16). We were a couple 4 days after we met and now I'm a very happy panda with her.

Age or time may matter when finding someone to be with. But when it's "that one", I think it just happens.

kiba93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Age and time does not matter (as long as it is legal)

I was actually discussing that with my friends 2 weeks ago, you shouldn't be with a 10-14 year old girl if you are 17+ cause all you will think about is coitus and people might take you for a paedophile since she is (under the holy eyes of the law) not ready for sex

but for some reason I wouldn't mind if that was a 10-14 year old boy with a 15+ girl, probably due to sexist issues
dry.gif

but then who gives a s*** about other people's opinion. its an OPINION, not a fact.
wink.gif

eosia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and if you dont have the same religion?

i love a girl she is like an angel i can stop thinking of her she's so beautiful...
she is about 2 o3 years older than me and i dont think if he will love sometime ...
i love her alot
frown.gif
she stole my heart ...

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
plasma dragon007 said:
emigre said:
Your age/2+7.

Seconded, lol.

Thirded, doublelol.

No, but seriously: Yes age and time matters.
When you are young, age matters a lot as people previously said. 13 and 20 is not that okay, while 23 and 30 is more so.
and to keep it somewhat realistic I think that age/2 +7 formula is a good guideline.

time? Nah, fall in love on first sight, from both point of views... why wait?

My girlfriend is almost 6 years younger than me, and we have no problems with that at all. Sometimes she says: "Do you ever think about our age difference?" with a smile. And only then it strikes me, that she's so much younger than me. But she's so mature and we fit together like two pieces of a puzzle, so it never bothered me.

Now, we met while she was 17 and I was 22, now, I'm 23 and she's 18.. so for me it's on the limit of when age matters. if she'd been 15 and me 20... I don't know if I would be okay with the thought. (but knowing her now, I'd be hers if she was 10, I'd wait, she's worth it).

tl;dr: Age matters when young. When older, not so much. Time? nah!

rock7

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
and if you dont have the same religion?

i love a girl she is like an angel i can stop thinking of her she's so beautiful...
she is about 2 o3 years older than me and i dont think if he will love sometime ...
i love her alot
frown.gif
she stole my heart ...

lol this looks like a romantic movie script introduction

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)