ROM Hack Question Does anyone know how to fix these partially garbled tga textures?

pietempgba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're from Yoshi's Crafted World and I used UModel to export them also here's a example of one
TU_LoadingBG02.PNG

Attachments

• tga.7z
    5.7 MB · Views: 234

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is something called "swizzle". Every console has it and for every console is different.
I'm curious too what type of tool can save that textures from UE4 games to compatible for switch format.

Last edited by masagrator,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might look at a working .tga file, then figure out the save information. I know that on the wii u an icon will show up as a question mark, and the game can't even be opened.

btw, the icon information is saved to the console as removing a micro sd card will have no bearing on the icons showing up.

Last edited by godreborn,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure. iirc, the footer was what people said was important with .tga on the wii u, but that footer still reads TRUEVISION, so it was normal.

pietempgba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some of them don't even have the 0's

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

these files were all extracted from uexp files using umodel with UE4 4.18 override

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no idea. the .tga may be recorded in the internal flash though. the TRUE VISION should be at the bottom followed by 0s. saving .tga will result in the same file (i.e. 0s or just the incomplete). at least, this is true of the ps3 and the wii u. if you remove the micro sd card (assuming you have one), the image of the game is still present, which suggests that there's some sort of metadata file. the wii u does this to increase the speed at which the home menu appears. the switch may record the .tga file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro