does anyone know where to buy a gb boy colour currently?

scotte_us

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are two listed on ebay at 250 pounds each but apparently that is a fake price meant to deter buyers because they actually do not have them in stock.

I am looking for atomic purple but I will settle with any colour.

I contacted 8 bit aesthetics about maybe doing up a frontlight mod but they haven't been responding to emails.

Really though I just really want the GB boy color.( classic GB style not the SP style.

Anyone? Any ideas? Pm me if you yourself have one you would like to sell....or pm me if you know where the heck I can track one down.

to be clear I am asking about the system by Kong Feng...the backlit Gameboy color clone.

Not US only, but rather rare in Europe. Only small batches were released as the DS was already out.

Gesendet von meinem Elephone P6000 mit Tapatalk
yes, very rare now.

Last edited by scotte_us,

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Anyone knows if the screen has 1:1 resolution compared to a real GBC and if there are any kind of compatibility issues? (does it use a clone ASIC?)

I wonder if I can just nab the screen from one and slap it in my original GBC?

Really tempted to get one!

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyone knows if the screen has 1:1 resolution compared to a real GBC and if there are any kind of compatibility issues? (does it use a clone ASIC?)

I wonder if I can just nab the screen from one and slap it in my original GBC?

Really tempted to get one!
I have two. One in the GBC style and one in the SP clamshell design. I have not had any compatibility issues so far, both devices work with the ever drive gb, Kirby's tilt and tumble (although it's not playable on the clamshell one due to the cart being upside down) and the xploder GB. Even the Gameboy camera works fine. You can even play via link cable with other GB Boys, GBs, GBCs and GBAs.

The screen aspect ratio is not 1:1 so it slightly differs from the real GB/GBC, but I only really noticed that when comparing it directly side by side with a real GBC, not sure about the resolution, though. I am pretty sure they use their own proprietary screen so you can not simply transplantation to something else.

Gesendet von meinem UMI_SUPER mit Tapatalk

Last edited by Localhorst86,

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The screen aspect ratio is not 1:1 so it slightly differs from the real GB/GBC, but I only really noticed that when comparing it directly side by side with a real GBC, not sure about the resolution, though. I am pretty sure they use their own proprietary screen so you can not simply transplantation to something else.
Aw, I'm a stickler for fidelity - I know the different resolution would bother me to no end. Looks like I'll have to front light my GBC!

Thanks for the reply!

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Aw, I'm a stickler for fidelity - I know the different resolution would bother me to no end. Looks like I'll have to front light my GBC!

Thanks for the reply!
I think the resolution is actually correct, just the aspect ratio is not. The GBC has a 1:1 ratio, the GB Boy looks like 1.2:1. For like $30 it's a great system.

Mechageo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two. One in the GBC style and one in the SP clamshell design.
Sorry to revive a thread that's a few months old, but the controls between the GBC and SP GB Boy Colour appear to be different. The GBC one has a rounded D-Pad while the SP one has a regular one.

Are they both comfortable? I've heard praise for the GBC one but you're the first person I've read that owns an SP one.
The SP ones are going for around $20 on Aliexpress atm, so I'm tempted to get one. If the controls suck, though, I'll get the GBC one.

What do you think?

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry to revive a thread that's a few months old, but the controls between the GBC and SP GB Boy Colour appear to be different. The GBC one has a rounded D-Pad while the SP one has a regular one.

Are they both comfortable? I've heard praise for the GBC one but you're the first person I've read that owns an SP one.
The SP ones are going for around $20 on Aliexpress atm, so I'm tempted to get one. If the controls suck, though, I'll get the GBC one.

What do you think?
The controls on the SP clamshell one are really good as well. They feel very precise and direct, comparable to a real GBA SP. They almost feel like you're getting a tactile feedback.

Comparing them side by side to the GBC designed GB Boy, I'd say they feel even better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Very accurate.