Does anyone on the temp miss the old Cartoon Network???

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I sure do! And I remember plenty of old shows on CN that were really good like Johnny Bravo, Scooby Doo, Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi (Embarrassed to admit it but, I like AmiYumi!), Codename: Kids Next Door, PowerPuff Girls, Teen Titans, and tonnes of others!!!!

Whereas CN now seems to be just as we all already know, Regular Show (One of the ONLY new shows I like), Adventure Time, The "Amazing" World of Gumball and Total Drama (The only other new show I like) and I was just wondering if anyone else on the temp miss the old CN and if there were any shows you liked!

RIP Cartoon Network 1992-2011

• Samurai Jack
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog
  • The PowerPuff Girls
  • Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi
  • Teen Titans
  • Scooby Doo
  • Johnny Bravo
  • Codename: Kids Next Door
  • Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends
  • Pokemon (ALL of IT!!!)
  • Naruto
  • Cartoon City (Not really A cartoon but, cool bumper!)
  • Xiaolin Showdown
I would think of more but, I'm starting to get a headache trying to remember everything!

dude,

kids nextdoor nad courage the cowardly dog still come on evryday on CN

Pokemon, johnny bravo, scooby doo, teen titans, powerpuff girls, samurai jack, foster's home, COME ON BOOMERANG EVERY DAY!!!!!!!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think this picture pretty much sums everything up
tumblr_mcx8x5Pw0m1rcd5m4o1_500.png
The old was vastly superior.

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't handle modern cartoons. It's not nostalgia from the past blinding me. The cartoons of today are repulsive, jarring, and obnoxiously loud. I don't care that others might hate me for this, but I despise Adventure Time, Regular Show, etc.
You don't like Adventure Time? One of the best shows on Cartoon Network. (right now)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The only thing I liked in that list OP made, was Samurai Jack. The rest was either meh, or outright horrible.

Nowadays you've got Adventure Time on CN, which is by BOUNDS and LEAPS better than anything CN offered previously (except Samurai Jack, I guess, which was awesome).

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, for a while there was literally nothing good anymore, but cartoon's are kinda looking up. We've had Chowder, Flapjack, Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Gravity Falls (although not a CN show). Even Gumball's pretty good. Only thing I find really shitty on CN anymore is Johnny Test, zero redeeming qualities to that shitpile.

Reactions: ThatDudeWithTheFood

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They had some decent shows when I was growing up, but there are also some really good shows now.

There most successful shows ATM aim pretty much exclusively at the 18-25 age group.

- Adventure Time
- New Looney Tunes
- Regular Show (seems aimed a little below previous age group, but still watchable if older)

Gumball and Teen Titans can be funny even for older folks like me, even though they seem aimed at tweens.

Oh, and you can't forget the epic adults swim lineup:

- King of the Hill
- Family Guy
- American Dad

Best 3 hours of the day.

Serious question, though: Whatever happened to Saturday morning cartoons on public stations? Nowadays you either subscribe to CN for 24 hrs/day cartoons or enjoy a dull and cartoonless existence in rabbit ears land. No more "Kids WB" or Fox cartoons.

The only show I ever watched around 2004-2006 was Teen Titans.

Probably because you were 6 and 7.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The cartoons of today are [snip] obnoxiously loud.

Assuming you do not mean loud as in colours then I am drawn to wonder if there is a loudness wars thing going on in cartoons. I know there was something for adverts until it was stepped on a bit and they realised it was the detection method for advert skipping.

Reactions: Chary

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh my, I miss shows like Ying Yang Yo and all.(Samurai Jack anyone?) Adventure Time is just one big mess, I saw one episode and I believe that I've never seen a show that's more shit then that.

Here's a small list of what I miss(of course there is MANY more):

• Danny Phantom
  • Avatar(the Aang one, the new one is meh :c )
  • My Life as a Teenage robot(this show was epic)
  • Powerpuff Girls

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you do not mean loud as in colours then I am drawn to wonder if there is a loudness wars thing going on in cartoons. I know there was something for adverts until it was stepped on a bit and they realised it was the detection method for advert skipping.
That's somewhat awesome. I really hated how I'd have my TV volume decently high because the toons were kind of quiet, then when it cut to commercial... HEAD-ON, APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD! It got to the point where I'd just mute the TV every time it cut to commercial.
I don't think this is so much a matter of nostalgia, either. Nostalgia for me is when I have fond memories of playing Ninja Gaiden, or LoZ:LttP, then going back and playing them and either feeling somewhat disappointed because its a bit less awesome or a bit less lengthy than I remember it, or being outright frustrated because I'm no better at it than I used to be.
I realize that's for games and we're talking cartoons, but I don't really see nostalgia for cartoons, unless you go back to the original airing-era of Looney Tunes and such.
Kids Next Door was OK, but not really my thing. Samurai Jack is good, Dexter's Lab is good, PowerPuff Girls is decent, and I even like Cow and Chicken. Courage is great. I love Freakazoid and Ed, Edd and Eddy and "Sheep in the Big City" wasn't bad either.
I really enjoyed The Flinstone Kids and A Pup Named Scooby Doo. I think I like Johnny Bravo a bit more now than I did back then, but that's probably because I understand more about it now then I did.
More recently, I like Chowder and Flapjack. I can't understand what made them cancel those shows, because they were pretty much the last things I liked on CN.
Camp Lazlo and My Gym Partner's a Monkey were both OK, but were more a "because nothing else is on" thing than anything else.
Adventure Time supposedly has a bunch of nerd/geek references that I would enjoy, but I can't get past the art style. It looks very flat to me, and the artist's inability to properly draw a limb bothers me.
I'd probably like the Regular show more if I had a chance to watch it, but not long after it started airing I moved and no longer have cable. And nothing of value was lost.

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh my, I miss shows like Ying Yang Yo and all.(Samurai Jack anyone?) Adventure Time is just one big mess, I saw one episode and I believe that I've never seen a show that's more shit then that.

Here's a small list of what I miss(of course there is MANY more):

• Danny Phantom
  • Avatar(the Aang one, the new one is meh :c )
  • My Life as a Teenage robot(this show was epic)
  • Powerpuff Girls

avatar and danny phantom are from nick and come on nicktoons often

Reactions: Langin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3