Hacking Does ds3vita or ds4vita joystick work perfect for anyone?

playstays_shun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing power stone (a psp game):

On ds4vita the guy is like almost running in place but slowly progressing like a treadmill

On ds3vita the guys movement gets choppy and flickering motion in same direction

Is how well it works dependent on game? Or is it for vita games mostly ? Good success w ps1 games? Thanks

I’m grateful just curious if others had same experience

playstays_shun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also curious about this. I have asked in the past but none have answered.

I mean if it’s mostly just ends up being used for d pad and fighting games that’s a use too, but I am all too curious if anyone has a perfect ds3/4vita experience w analog sticks too since that’s how I play most games

leontas2007

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
after some time I just gave up. It just doesn't work as it should. Now that I see that none is answering, that makes it obvious

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my experience with it was horrible.

It had hard time finding the controller, and when and if I bluetooth worked, the games didn't control well. I have many problems with the analog sticks.

Odd, has not been my experience at all. The initial pairing can be a little wonky, but never takes me more than a try or two. I use it quite a bit to stream from my PC when I want to play something in bed. You have to use a separate plugin the get L2 and R2 working correctly. Other than that it's been on point for me. (DS4 for what it's worth. I have no tried with a DS3.)

playstays_shun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd, has not been my experience at all. The initial pairing can be a little wonky, but never takes me more than a try or two. I use it quite a bit to stream from my PC when I want to play something in bed. You have to use a separate plugin the get L2 and R2 working correctly. Other than that it's been on point for me. (DS4 for what it's worth. I have no tried with a DS3.)

works perfect with ps1/psp/vita games ? or just one type?

have u tried power stone? thats the only joystick one I tried so far where he's like running in place slow,

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
works perfect with ps1/psp/vita games ? or just one type?

have u tried power stone? thats the only joystick one I tried so far where he's like running in place slow,

The only games that I typically use the dual analogs on are streamed games (Warframe, Borderlands, and Overwatch coming to mind). As mentioned by someone else earlier in the thread, I typically only use it on PSP, or PSX games for the improved DPAD on fighting games. I have not specifically tested Powerstone. I assume that Powerstone only uses the single Analog though? I have only played the Dreamcast version iirc. I have no clue how well it emulates the single PSP Analog stick. I will see if I can test Powerstone later on though.

Reactions: playstays_shun

playstays_shun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only games that I typically use the dual analogs on are streamed games (Warframe, Borderlands, and Overwatch coming to mind). As mentioned by someone else earlier in the thread, I typically only use it on PSP, or PSX games for the improved DPAD on fighting games. I have not specifically tested Powerstone. I assume that Powerstone only uses the single Analog though? I have only played the Dreamcast version iirc. I have no clue how well it emulates the single PSP Analog stick. I will see if I can test Powerstone later on though.

Ok so I should probably give it a whirl with other games haha May be a one off

It’s the only one I tried. And ds3 struggled w it in a different way

But if it’s just power stone andnrandom ones maybe I’ll use it more often.

Probably gonna stick with ds4 plugin and controller over ds3 plugin and controller

AmyGrrl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried to use DS4Vita. Went and bought a used PS4 Controller. But it never worked right with the left analog stick. Then after about two months a friend brought over their PS4 Controller and I gave it a try. Everything worked fine with my Vita. So I went and traded the broken used controller in and bought a brand new PS4 Controller. It works perfectly fine now. No issues. So make sure you have a good working controller while using this.

I also recommend using the test version that was released that fixes some issues.

https://github.com/xerpi/ds4vita/issues/43#issuecomment-431850355

playstays_shun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to use DS4Vita. Went and bought a used PS4 Controller. But it never worked right with the left analog stick. Then after about two months a friend brought over their PS4 Controller and I gave it a try. Everything worked fine with my Vita. So I went and traded the broken used controller in and bought a brand new PS4 Controller. It works perfectly fine now. No issues. So make sure you have a good working controller while using this.

I also recommend using the test version that was released that fixes some issues.

https://github.com/xerpi/ds4vita/issues/43#issuecomment-431850355

Are you on test version?

it must be software related bc my ds4 left joystick works fine outside of vita world.. and it may just hit some snags with some random games, not all

AmyGrrl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes I'm using the test build right now and it seems to be working fine so far in the games I have tried. Been playing Resident Evil Revelations 2 with my PS4 Controller. With the original controller I had. The issues I was having with the Left analog stick. Was the character would move really slow then speed up and then slow down again. Other times the character would move then stop, move the stop. Which made the character look like he had stutter while walking. I have none of those issues now with my new controller. If your still having problem. Test other PS4 controllers if you can to be sure it's not a controller issue.

seeWood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can use the MiniVitaTV Plugin by TheFloW. But i had some issues with a original DS3 Controller. Wont Connect at all, for me only works the DS4

playstays_shun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I'm using the test build right now and it seems to be working fine so far in the games I have tried. Been playing Resident Evil Revelations 2 with my PS4 Controller. With the original controller I had. The issues I was having with the Left analog stick. Was the character would move really slow then speed up and then slow down again. Other times the character would move then stop, move the stop. Which made the character look like he had stutter while walking. I have none of those issues now with my new controller. If your still having problem. Test other PS4 controllers if you can to be sure it's not a controller issue.

perhaps i will give that a try. I use autoplugin but I guess I'll just replace the .svprk or whatever file it is in ur0:\tai

do you happen to have power stone collection? thats where i observed the guy almost running in place, but moving forward in a slow pace.

What is ds3vite/ds4vita???

plugin to use a dualshock 3 or 4 controller with vita

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!