duffman2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not a hardware problem!
After installing cfw (you guys still call it that like on the psp? (Lol, been a while)) The joystick and bottons stopped working in the home menu and all games. The ps button still works.
Inside VitaShell and h-encore all the buttons works, so I know it is not a hardware issue

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. Something may wrong configured.
Do you installed the ps vita tv plugin for using ds-controller? Disable or uninstall it.

2. You might have a broken/dirty L or R.
When they are held the vita won't take input from dpad or face buttons. It's a pretty easy thing to try clean them first.
Also this won't effect the homescreen either for whatever reason just after launching a game

First the reason this happens, the L or R buttons will either take water damage, physical damage, or even heat damage for playing it too long and the glue that is under the L or R buttons will spred to the electrical and will cause the system to think it's being held in or broken. In the PS Vita case it will suspend the buttons from working in game...

The fix to this is one of two things depending on the underling cause.
  1. Take apart your vita and remove the L and R buttons and you will see the white rubber components unplug them from board and clean the bottem where the glue was and connecting ends with Alcohol and cue tips. Plug them back in and all should be perfect.
  2. If the above doesn't work just leave L and R buttons by theire ribbons unplugged (this means the white rubber components as well) and restart your vita. All should work and you only need to buy new L and R components.
If this doesnt help there might be a similar problem with the left or right PCB Board inside the Vita, or some flex cable somewhere might need to plugged correctly or need replaced.

Last edited by Sypherone,

duffman2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
1. I don't know what that is so unless it is default then no.
2. I did download "Vita Hardware Test" and the L and R buttons are working there. everything was working before I installed the CFW so it would be strange if it was hardware problem... also i am using the L and R bottons in daedalus 64x and everything is fine there...
Is it a good idea to install the OFW and reinstall CFW?
Thank you for the help so far

Edit. I installed Adrenaline and tried loco roco (aka L+R control only) and it works as a charm. I also reinstalled the firmware using vitadeploy but to no use

Last edited by duffman2k,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Other suggestions:
  • If you have a lot of plugins, try disabling plugins one at a time (except SD2Vita/USBMC if applicable) and see if there's a conflicting plug-in. This can be done with vitashell by opening the ur0:tai/config.txt and disabling a plugin by putting a # infront.
  • Holding L at boot will temporary disable all plugins.
  • Install a game where the buttons dont work to internal storage (its limited, PCH-1000 has 2,5Gb, PCH-2000 (slim) and TV has 1Gb) or memory card and remove the SD2Vita adapter. And try playing it with the buttons.

You can remove the cfw by running a update and reinstall it any time by rerunning the hack procedere. But you need to run a offline update file to stay on your desired firmware version. Else you have to hack, downgrade, hack again. Follow this guide to do a offline update.

If you solved the Problem please write what caused it and how you resolved, for help others.

Last edited by Sypherone,

duffman2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have jet to fix it, been busy with sick kid so little time to fun stuff.
I presume the plugins are the ones with the suffix .suprix? I want to make sure so I don't brick it (Honestly the Vita is better now with working HB than just Sony official games :rofl2:)
I will try to reinstall using the guide provided this weekend. Thank you for the help so far
Skjermbilde på 2022-09-23 21-03-16.png

duffman2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I finally got to fix this problem. As said before, having to play PSP games was so awesome that I had no rush. But now I want to install CFW on a PS3 I got for free and connect my Vita.
What I did was install OFW, this did not help. Then I tried to restore system and format memory card. This helped, then I ran the hack from scratch and restored my backup I made before I started and I am all set.
Thanks for all the help, and I hope this will be helpful for the future

Reactions: Sypherone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0