Gaming Dont buy switch 1-2

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no opinion on Switch 1-2 at all. I probably wouldn't buy it but thats because I've seen people play it on youtube and I don't think I'd get much use out of it since I don't reallly play games with other people after the SNES era.

But if Nintendo could survive giving away SMB and SMW, I don't think packing in this game would have hurt them in the slightest.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, typical Nintendo cringey garbage at full price. People should be more cautious at what they get by doing your research first. Not many games are worth getting :D

Reactions: Pachee

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's fair to give a little back to Nintendo after all the piracy party promoted around the forums. Please buy the game if you can afford it.

Don't you get it ? Switch is not CFW just yet.. This game should be free and not for a money. Nintendo do not care about you and your cost of living in Brazil. COME ON! THINK! If Switch is a CFW then I agreed with you.. Right now, they have no right to sell this game that is supposed to be FREE!!!!!

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you get it ? Switch is not CFW just yet.. This game should be free and not for a money. Nintendo do not care about you and your cost of living in Brazil. COME ON! THINK! If Switch is a CFW then I agreed with you.. Right now, they have no right to sell this game that is supposed to be FREE!!!!!
It is not supposed to be free as evidenced by the fact that it is not free. And they have every right to charge money for something that they spent time and money developing.

Reactions: Eurasiam

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Meh... these people.
Why would it be supposed to be free? Under what logic?
It is supposed to be avoided, because it is shit... but to be free?

Oh, hell... Pepsi should be free, after all it is shit (and even so I wouldn't drink it). -LOGIC FAIL-

Disclaimer: Opinions included.

Last edited by sarkwalvein, , Reason: l2w
Reactions: slingblade1170

gundamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol who cares if they get money or not
never understood why people have loyalty towards brands, these companies don't give a single fuck about you. they only care about the thing(money) in your wallet.

also most of these companies will try to sell you a shit product no matter how bad it is, recent example mass defect shitromeda

Reactions: goldensun87

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it's fair to give a little back to Nintendo after all the piracy party promoted around the forums. Please buy the game if you can afford it.

You're a good little lemming.

Which is bad for the rest of us.
Support GOOD games. We already supported Nintendo by buying their new console.
It's braindead to buy a shitty product to support a billion dollar company with more money than you'll ever have. 1-2 Switch is a tech demo. It was never meant to be sold as a full game, and it glaringly shows. Don't support that shit.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You're a good little lemming.

Which is bad for the rest of us.
Support GOOD games. We already supported Nintendo by buying their new console.
It's braindead to buy a shitty product to support a billion dollar company with more money than you'll ever have. 1-2 Switch is a tech demo. It was never meant to be sold as a full game, and it glaringly shows. Don't support that shit.

People support much more ludicrous products than what you deem a "tech demo"... Cute name calling, though. Shows your good side.

Reactions: dubbz82

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You knew it was a collection of mini games, why would you even consider paying 50 Euros for that garbage?

Why do people spend up to thousands of dollars on some shitty TCG? Why do people spend thousands of dollars on clothes? Mate, you're asking some redundant questions.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You knew it was a collection of mini games, why would you even consider paying 50 Euros for that garbage?

You may not like the game (and I don't necessarily disagree, I don't think it's a great game by any means) but there's certainly far worse things people can sink money into

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I really don't get it. There are people that actually are getting their money's worth here.. Those that enjoy the game, and its mini-games. You all talking about throwing money away when I see people pour thousands into some hobby that they up and throw away a few years later. You don't think it's worth the money? Cool, don't buy it. Won't change the fact it was priced at what it is..

Reactions: dubbz82

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^this..If you know what it is, and don't like the idea behind it, simply don't buy it. Flaming others for spending their money the way they want to does no one any good.

gundamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
giving examples of idiots doesn't validate your point.

1-2 weeks ago apple released red iphone, guess what idiots lined up to buy it and it was sold out in a lot of places.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People support much more ludicrous products than what you deem a "tech demo"... Cute name calling, though. Shows your good side.

What a fantastic argument.

Akin to jumping off a bridge because others did it.
Cute logic. Shows your intelligence.

Nintenyearolds shouldn't even bother quoting me if this is all you've got. Like I said, you blind lemmings do nothing but harm in an industry controlled by sales numbers. Nintendo takes a shit in your doggy bowl and you eat it up no matter what. You're not loyal fans, you're toxic idiots.

It's insulting for a company like Nintendo to try and exploit its fanbase by charging almost full retail for a tech demo. If you've ever actually seen it, that's all it is. It was never meant to be a full game. If they had even sold it for $10-20 it would've come across a hell of a lot better. Releasing the console with a bare list of launch titles and then thinking "Heh, nothing else to buy, fuck 'em. They'll buy this shit up just for something to do on their Switch."
For a company like Nintendo which has basically built its empire on a loyal fanbase, this was a very strange and very unwelcome attempt to exploit it for a few easy sales.
But even from a purely business perspective, 1-2 Switch sales are probably an absolute dumpster fire based on the price drops already. There was a fan backlash which is attributed to the price drop but I assume it's mostly just that poor sales and an attempt to save face aligned for Nintendo.

Like I said, as it stands all they've done is take a dump in a few lemmings mouths, and pissed off a majority of their loyal fanbase. While also helping fuel discontent over the Switch's small library of games. It all could've been avoided if they even just released it as a $15 title to be sold alongside the console, and they probably would've made more off of it to boot.

I'll also add I don't actually give a shit about 1-2 Switch. I usually play their tech demo once, get bored, and move on. I bought my Switch for real games. But it doesn't take more than 2 braincells to see this is a pretty blatant and tacky cash grab.

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people spend up to thousands of dollars on some shitty TCG? Why do people spend thousands of dollars on clothes? Mate, you're asking some redundant questions.

I really don't get it. There are people that actually are getting their money's worth here.. Those that enjoy the game, and its mini-games. You all talking about throwing money away when I see people pour thousands into some hobby that they up and throw away a few years later. You don't think it's worth the money? Cool, don't buy it. Won't change the fact it was priced at what it is..
Those do not exactly refute my argument. But, to answer those questions: You'll have to be more specific about which TCG. Magic: The Gathering is still the best, and original TCG, but despite that, I am not crazy enough to spend more than $10-$15 on a specific card, unless I really need the card, the card might be going out of print, or if I simply have money to spare. The Pokemon TCG is a shadow of what it used to be. In the beginning, people bought the cards more to collect the individual monsters, instead of actually play the game. Nowadays, The Pokemon Company throws cards of legendary pokemon in front of our faces, that is how desperate they are to push sales. Every TCG after Pokemon, is merely trying to ride the success and popularity of Pokemon/Yu-gi-oh. People spend thousands of dollars on clothes because they are not very smart, and I don't think I can say it in any nicer way.

Whether a game is enjoyable or not, does not, and should not, determine whether the game in question is worth the price tag. Now, considering the game in question is more or less equivalent to Wii Sports, it should have been free. If Nintendo really had to charge for it, it should not have been more than $15, based on the type of content (minigame collection). For example, Azure Striker Gunvolt and its sequel, are both fully fleshed out games, but they still cost $15 each. And, you cannot argue that they cost that low because they were download only, because the cartridge two-pack cost $30, which retains the price of the individual games.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't need to be told this. :P When they first showed the game on the Nintendo Direct, I thought it was some free shovel ware game included with the console. But nope, 60 dollar game! lol....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A