Apple Downgrading baseband

azntiger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says I'm trying to downgrade my sister's iPhone 3GS. I was aware that a downgrade from the iPad baseband was made for the public. I downloaded it and followed all the steps. However my sister's iPhone is still on the iPad's baseband. She's currently on ios 4.33 and baseband 06.15.00. Is the problem that her iOS needs to be iOS 5?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The version of iOS shouldn't really matter since everything is done inside of a "ramdisk."

After a bit of investigating, it looks like you're not the only one with this problem, but there's no workaround or fix floating around. The only thing I can suggest is double-check and make sure that you selected "Downgrade from iPad baseband," and not "Install iPad baseband" (but that's probably not the problem).

azntiger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I messed up then...
I upgraded her phone to iOS 5. And I lost her pictures, texts, contacts, everything. And in the end the downgrade doesn't even work.
:/

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I believe the problem is you are trying ot put ipad baseband on an iphone
That's not a problem; the iPhone 3GS and 1st generation iPad use the same exact baseband chip. In fact, baseband 06.15.00 was used for unlocking iPhones since around iOS 4.1 or 4.2.1.

The OP's issue isn't getting 06.15.00 on his sister's iPhone though; it's downgrading from 06.15.00.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: You need better couch potatoes la +1