iPhone 15 Pro Max

rcpd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got one of these a few weeks ago because I was given way too much money from the company that employed me. They have been super helpful and really want me to get healthy and come back to them, even if I just visit. Since I've worked there almost 20 years, they can be very helpful for those that used to work with them. I was sent home because the problems I have physically prevent me from working basically any full time and they don't have a "shortage" thing that lets me stay there. I got kind of sad about it because I've known these people basically since I became an adult. They're great people to know and help and I was very sad that I could not continue.

A week goes by and in my mailbox was an iPhone 15 Pro Max that was purchased by my employers and sent to me to use. I was lost, so I called them to verify that I got it and they said "You got it!!!? Get it setup and login with your email and cell phone number! We bought that for you specifically!" so of I did just exactly what she said to do. It works sort of. Basically if someone calls me, they cannot hear it ring at all because it just sends them to the voicemail I configured on the phone. If they left an air phone, it did not show on my device at all. If I called them, it sent me to somewhere that was NOT my previous employer. I really wanted the phone to be useful so I went out and bough the AirPod Pro 2nd gen because everywhere online said that the 2nd and 3rd generations work on my iPhone 15 Pro Max and are the only two that will work. It took them a while to show up from who I purchased them from (Walmart) and when they came it was obvious that someone had taken the case apart to replace the device with an AirPhone volume 1. It wouldnt connect to my phone. And when it did, no audio was sent to them. My wife still owns a iPhone 14 Pro Max and my daughter own a iPhone 14. It wouldnt even connect to those devices at all. If you connected it to mine, the right side played audio perfectly but the left side played nothing at all. Ever.

I looked this up online and it became obvious that this is very well known and nobody has found a way to ensure they will connect other than to push Apple into solving the issue. Apple said "We k now and are working on fixing the issue but it may take us longer than people anticipate." and I thought that was Apple sending out "We aren't fixing it so fuck you" and that kind of made me angry. I put them back together and made sure they will pass a software/hardware check. Then I had my wife take them back to where she purchased them (Walmart) who didn't even check them but took them back.. Then they asked my wife if perhaps they would rather buy the AirPod 3 Pro this time and thank god, my wife has been very neatly following my issues with Apple devices and decided that it was not worth spending what they were asking for them. This is when I said I've had enough and I sold the iPhone 15 Pro Max to someone I know that could make it work properly.

I spent a couple days without a phone until the one I ordered a Google Pixel 8 Pro finally showed up. I'm so happy with this device because I can no longer be special about what headphones I get. So I got a bunch of wireless headphones for me, my daughter, and my wife. Having them plugged in works and sound great! My iPhone 15 Pro Max is not for sale, so please do not ask. I plan on letting it sit around and not be used at all. Stupid piece of crap...

Last edited by rcpd,

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Summary

"The user received an iPhone 15 Pro Max from their employer who wanted to support their health and well-being. However, the phone had connectivity issues, particularly with AirPods, and despite attempts to resolve the problems, it remained problematic. Frustrated with the situation and after a brief period without a phone, the user decided to switch to a Google Pixel 8 Pro, expressing satisfaction with its compatibility with various wireless headphones. The iPhone 15 Pro Max was eventually sold, and the user has chosen not to use it further."

I also have the pixel 8 pro and have liked it a lot so far, have some weird issues with Android Auto and Fi VPN but overall a good phone

I know the old pixels had some overheating issues so hoping next summer also does well

rcpd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Summary

"The user received an iPhone 15 Pro Max from their employer who wanted to support their health and well-being. However, the phone had connectivity issues, particularly with AirPods, and despite attempts to resolve the problems, it remained problematic. Frustrated with the situation and after a brief period without a phone, the user decided to switch to a Google Pixel 8 Pro, expressing satisfaction with its compatibility with various wireless headphones. The iPhone 15 Pro Max was eventually sold, and the user has chosen not to use it further."

I also have the pixel 8 pro and have liked it a lot so far, have some weird issues with Android Auto and Fi VPN but overall a good phone

I know the old pixels had some overheating issues so hoping next summer also does well
I happen to like the iPhone 15 Pro Max. I thought the size was correct and it use a wireless battery amplifier to charge it. The issue was that I could not charge it beyond 45%. Once it got to that perfect it would begin stop charging. So I got some phone speakers that were designed to be set into your ears and they worked. The problem is that no, they didn’t work. For almost a month we tried everything and eventually just gave the heck up.

I bought the Android Google Pixel Pro 8 for me and everything worked. I am impressed with how well it works. In top of that I’m more impressed with how easy it was to get the used to it. I’m glad I changed and will likely never go back to using any iPhone ever made.

rcpd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No clue, I bought the Pro Max and quite honestly... I hate it. Let me elaborate. My accident has damaged both of my ears ability to hear, meaning I'm mostly deaf. Left ear doesn't hear at all. Right ear hears at about 45%. So I've got hearing aids.

Apple hates people like me when they modified their bluetooth in IOS 17.4. Assholes.

Reactions: RustWasTaken

rcpd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the difference with the Bluetooth? My spouse has a bone anchored hearing implant hooked up to their iPhone, probably hasn't done the iOS update yet.
Nobody has been able to tell me because Apple is keeping it quiet. Its changed the way that devices that are not Apple AirPods/Pros connect and Apple has told nobody about how it works so they can fix it. Its made not just the hearing aid community angry, but many developers for the iPhone that create bluetooth devices.

• Angry
Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nobody has been able to tell me because Apple is keeping it quiet. Its changed the way that devices that are not Apple AirPods/Pros connect and Apple has told nobody about how it works so they can fix it. Its made not just the hearing aid community angry, but many developers for the iPhone that create bluetooth devices.
Thanks, that is indeed some bullshit. I guess we should try to avoid the update until there's a resolution?

Reactions: rcpd

rcpd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, that is indeed some bullshit. I guess we should try to avoid the update until there's a resolution?
There is a resolution, for most items anyway. Especially audio devices. That resolution? Do things and use things you've never done, so you don't know how to do it.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Had/have a 14 Pro Max, and it was a great little device. Not sure what's up with the 15s. Picked up a Galaxy S24 Ultra and sincerely I'm torn. Both are great, but I can't keep both. How is the pixel holding up for you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto