Homebrew Downgrading digital eShop games? (Homebrew obviously)

Butterscotch_96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to downgrade Super Mario Odyssey to v1.0 but I have the digital version as it was bundled with my Switch. Is there a way to like delete the update but not the game or download the game and not the update? And tell me if I will get banned if I use a certain method.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to downgrade Super Mario Odyssey to v1.0 but I have the digital version as it was bundled with my Switch. Is there a way to like delete the update but not the game or download the game and not the update? And tell me if I will get banned if I use a certain method.

What certain method?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Without CFW, you can't.

You can do it with DBI:
Reset Required Version:

1. Open the program
  2. Select Browse installed applications
  3. Select a game that you need, press A
  4. Press - button to delete an update that you don't want (for example)
  5. Press A again and click Reset required version.
From: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-fix-switch-games-not-booting-after-a-fw-cfw-update.563960/

I would not suggest doing this on sysNAND, there is no point risking a ban when you can't use online features in the game without the latest version anyway.

Butterscotch_96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just delete updates with a title manager, DBI/tinfoil
can I have a full resolution version of your profile picture?
Post automatically merged:

Without CFW, you can't.

You can do it with DBI:
Reset Required Version:

1. Open the program
  2. Select Browse installed applications
  3. Select a game that you need, press A
  4. Press - button to delete an update that you don't want (for example)
  5. Press A again and click Reset required version.
From: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-fix-switch-games-not-booting-after-a-fw-cfw-update.563960/

I would not suggest doing this on sysNAND, there is no point risking a ban when you can't use online features in the game without the latest version anyway.
My brain works in weird ways and by saying "risking" it's getting me confused. Will it ban me or not? I don't care about online in odyssey but I care about online in other games.

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
perhaps a stupid question, but aren't you supposed to be using emunand when messing with games? also, what's the point in downgrading odyssey? I also have the digital version, but I'm legit, so there was/is no way to downgrade. my guess is that you wouldn't be banned simply for playing a downgraded game as a cartridge on a system that's not online might be on 1.0. and, the system doesn't automatically update games unless their on the home menu row iirc, so theoretically, an official user could be on 1.0 even today. I don't know about modding a switch though, but I wouldn't do it on sysnand if it were me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...