Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 845,351
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Also, expected results. The slot files are not loaded for that test - otherwise it would be pointless, we're checking if the keys are correctly set from the start ;).
is there anything that i can test to see if the external loading of the keyslot0x05 KeyY works fine ? (currently dumping ticket.db and will compare with refference file)

Last edited by capito27,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is there anything that i can test to see if the external loading of the keyslot0x05 KeyY works fine ? (currently dumping tickets.db and will compare with refference file)
No need to do this... see, if anything was wrong, Decrypt9 couldn't even find the ticket.db file. If you want to see this yourself, change just one byte in keyslot0x05.bin, and see how nothing works anymore.

Reactions: capito27

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
No need to do this... see, if anything was wrong, Decrypt9 couldn't even find the ticket.db file. If you want to see this yourself, change just one byte in keyslot0x05.bin, and see how nothing works anymore.
ok, will try, btw, the dump was valid, so yay ?
so, is there anything broken in decrypt9 from a9lh at the moment ? (assuming all keys are present)

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok, will try, btw, the dump was valid, so yay ?
so, is there anything broken in decrypt9 from a9lh at the moment ? (assuming all keys are present)
TWL doesn't work yet... That means no TWLN / TWLP dumping / injecting and no TWLN XORpads. I'm not completely sure, but I think everything else works. Testingt is great, though.

Reactions: capito27

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
TWL doesn't work yet... That means no TWLN / TWLP dumping / injecting and no TWLN XORpads. I'm not completely sure, but I think everything else works. Testingt is great, though.
btw, i confirm it doesn't dump anymore if the keyY is invalid, nice work, d0k3 :)

Reactions: d0k3

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
also, here is a suggestion, @d0k3 , could you add a check when restoring sysnand, to check if a A9LH setup is present (check for something in sector 0x5C000 ?) and if so, ask the user if he wants to keep A9LH, if he chooses to keep it, skip the relevant sectors (secret sector, firm0/1, sectors 0x5C000-0x5C980 (beginning of ctrnand)) when restoring the backup, otherwise restore as usual ? how feasable would that be ?

Last edited by capito27,

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also, here is a suggestion, @d0k3 , could you add a check when restoring sysnand, to check if a A9LH setup is present (check for something in sector 0x5C000 ?) and if so, ask the user if he wants to keep A9LH, if he chooses to keep it, skip the relevant sectors (secret sector, firm0/1, sectors 0x5C000-0x?????) when restoring the backup, otherwise restore as usual ? how feasable would that be ?
If they'd like to keep it they shouldn't be using a whole NAND backup, they should be using a CTRNAND backup only....

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
I'm trying to inject a cia into the sysnand H&S app but no matter what I try, it doesn't change into the injected cia.
I'm using AuReiNand-A9LH (9.2 SYS/10.6 EMU) and have tried using Decrypt9 through the FIRM90 patched HomebrewLoader and through the A9LH BootCR9 bin file. Both print a success message but when booting H&S it's unchanged. I've tried different cias, and injects with and without banner.

What could be the problem? Thanks in advance.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hey @d0k3

Are we supposed to compile the source using "make release"?

I do see the files in the release folder, but I do get this error though:
Code:
/bin/sh: 7z: command not found
make: [release] Error 127 (ignored)

Any idea?

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm trying to dump my CTRNAND partition with the 3/5 release but it's taking a very long time, about 1% a minute. Dumping was much faster on an older build from my experience. Would it be safe for me to shutdown the 3DS mid-dump and try the older version? Thanks.

Okay so it's safe to shut down mid-dump. How come the 2/15 build dumps much quicker than the latest build? :unsure:

Last edited by Nikolay,
D

Deleted User

Not yet. But I will find out. This is a proper rom, right? Meaning: It would also work on old Sky3DS, without CFW?

The reason it most likely fails is because BOI was never a cartridge game - an eshop game with seeddb. If a 3DS version exists, it's most likely been crypto-fixed at some point and then either standard/zero-key encrypted.

key1340

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @d0k3

Are we supposed to compile the source using "make release"?

I do see the files in the release folder, but I do get this error though:
Code:
/bin/sh: 7z: command not found
make: [release] Error 127 (ignored)

Any idea?

You can use make or make release or make any single file you wont.

As for the error when you type make release it would zip the files and you probably need to added 7z to your path.

Reactions: d0k3 and Madridi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...